Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mistake I misread the post

Comment

Curious what the difference is between the EU UK English version of the Omni Panel versus the US version?
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The only difference between them both is the EN50131 compliance which is the European intruder alarm standard. And apparently the U.K. Homeseer version is the frequency and uk 3 pin plug so can't see that being an issue

Comment

Yeah I thought the firmware was identical as there is limited programming space on those flash chips and the HW ID was utilized more for localization.

You mention Frequency. Is this related to the 24Volts AC used for powering the bus?

Wow reading now it was incorporated in 2015 - 2 years ago - there are some major differences between the Omni panel here in the US and that using EN50131 compliance.

The EN50131 versions include special features not found in the standard Omni control systems, such as controller enclosures that include required tamper switches, ensuring the door remains closed and that the enclosure remains installed against a solid surface. Additionally, the ENTMP- 9EU is now used with existing Omni security consoles as a tamper indicator. Additional special features in the EN50131 versions include:
          • Double end of line resistors for tamper detection
          • New arming/ disarming methods
          • Shunt lock incorporation
          • Confirmed alarms for police response
          • Temporary lockout when entering an invalid code
          • Enhanced event log
          • User authorized firmware updates
          • Entry/exit follower
          • Adjustment to security code usage and visibility

How do you do a double end of line resistor?

Personally thought only the installer code was used for a firmware update.

Here utilize HAI keypads / HAI Omnitouch screens (serial and IP) and never noticed any tamper stuff.

Noticed only the adds here in the firmware of the HAI Email board, Omnitouch 7 screens and a redo of the CCTV stuff.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yea it a big difference, regards to the double resister
            When the sesnor is secure and no tamper is triggered, the current flows straight throught the 1K resitor and back to the panel. This is secure. If the PIR detects motion then the Alarm contact opens and the circuit becomes open circuit which is infinite resistance which is an alarm state. If the temper trips then it forces the current through the 2.7K resistor aswell as the 1K resistor giving it a total of 3.7K Ohms which is a tamper state.

Comment

Ahh...

Yes here utilize one 1K ohm resistor at the end of every Zone run. Never seen the use of a 2.7K ohm resister and 1K ohm resistor. Door switches / PIRs are all the same. Temperature / Humidity sensors do not have end 1K Ohm resistors. I have them installed on the negative side of the zone. All of the zone values are the same when looking at the status. Secure loop value is 148. What is the loop value with two resistors?

I had a door stretch and pull on the wires causing a tamper state a few years ago. I had pulled the wires a bit too tight. Fixing it was a PITA.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yea the loop value is still the same with two resistors when secure and when not ready the value is 253, think tamper is 164.
                rmasonjr could you tell me if its possible to have the source code updated with the EU model names in so that they are recognised be the system? In doing this hopefully we will get control of all but the security side.

Comment

Yeah, I opened a ticket with Leviton and havent heard back. The EU models are not in the SDK for some reason. If they can give me the panel types for EU, I can add them easily.
                  I'll ping them for an update.
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Any update on this issue?

Comment

I never heard back from Leviton. Let me ping them again for an update...

Comment

Unfortunately, EU panels cannot be supported by the plugin. I had a discussion with Leviton and it's just not possible due to EU regulations.

I had HST update the plugin website to note this.

Thanks
                        Rob

Comment

Hi, rmasonjr Have you had any look installing the
                          source code updated with the EU model names yet?? Ive had the same issue with Myro control they asked for my firmware which is 4.0b plus PC access version 3.17.0.843. they said all they had to do was to make sure they had referenced all the available variants of the Omni’s. They have since fixed the issue and are just waiting on apples approval of the app. in the mean time they have sent me a test flight app which works fine. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by peterborg View Post
                            Hi, rmasonjr Have you had any look installing the
                            source code updated with the EU model names yet?? Ive had the same issue with Myro control they asked for my firmware which is 4.0b plus PC access version 3.17.0.843. they said all they had to do was to make sure they had referenced all the available variants of the Omni’s. They have since fixed the issue and are just waiting on apples approval of the app. in the mean time they have sent me a test flight app which works fine. Hope this helps
                            I cant - Leviton indicated that the DLL that is included with the SDK is for non-EU panels only.
                            That said, you can try the plugin and some pieces might work, but it is not officially supported.

Comment

Working...
                            X