HS Speaker Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Speaker Client

Are their any special ports that would need opened for the VR feature to work with the speaker client?

The Homeseer speaker dot exe program which utilizes Microsoft SAPI uses port 10401.

This works fine for me with my Wintel tabletop touchtablets on the local LAN.

Note that I have 15 Homeseer tabletop touch tablets running via POE Gb on the home network. I am also testing more of these using wireless locally and they work fine.

The Intel dual core Atom tabletops here run embedded windows, Linux desktop 16.04, embedded Squeezeplayer OS and embedded Kodi OS.

I have tested Windows 10 on a micro PC connected to an openframe multitouch monitor running HSTouch, HS Speaker, Kodi, Kinect to work fine with an Atom Baytrail CPU with 2Gb of RAM.

I have tested same windows tabletop touchtablets used on the WAN via a VPN tunnel to my home network to work fine.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete! I'm running the hs speaker client on a Windows 10 box at work through a VPN and I was having trouble getting the VR to work... I felt like it was probably a port issue on my desktop not being opened...

Comment

Good news!!!

Yup it depends on what your company is doing relating to the firewall and also the built in firewall to Windows 10 and if you company allows VPN use inside of your companies network.

That and you can just tether the tablet to your cell phone and utilize VPN from your cellular service and avoid the hassle of talking to security at your company.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X