Multiple Kinects Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edstasneyjr View Post
    Do you know if the remote instance can be run on windows home server 2011?
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it can run on windows 2011

Your logs from the console looks ok, i.e. the kinect is connected and detected and the plugin connects to the HS server.

Have you done what I wrote in my previous post?
    What happens when you start only the remote instance?

Comment

I stopped both instance and only ran the LivingRoom instance. It showed up in the remote plug-ins location. I turned on the HS3 instance and the remote plug-in went away. Turned back off the HS3 remote instance. I then tried to use verbal commands and it did not work but the camera did work (like it has all along). I shutdown HS3 and took the camera from HS3 and moved it to the LivingRoom and turned back on HS3 and then remote instance. It did not work on verbal commands (I have not tried the motion). Maybe the audio array in WHS 2011 does not work. Before I bought Kinect plugin I was pretty sure I had it working. I have not research a way to see if I can use WHS 2011 to use the audio array without the plugin just to see if it is not registering in windows. I do see the array and all the parts in the device manager.

Comment

forget about the local instance for now, let's try to only run the remote instance.

when you start the remote instance after the "DEBUG Building Grammars" log line, do you see other log lines showing your voice commands?
        if not, you probably forget to add triggers specific for this instance. For the voice commands to work with the LivingRoom instance you need to use the "Kinect - LivingRoom" trigger type in your event.

Comment

I don't want to add anything that may be wrong, but I know when I tried the remote plugin With 2012 server I had a lot of recognition issues - but it worked great on 7 and 8 ... I didn't toy with it too much, a few days, and just didn't have great luck. Server editions are missing some multimedia pieces, even with the added Desktop Experience/etc... roles..

Comment

Yep, I agree on some of the multimedia pieces not being in whs (I don't remember where I read that a long time ago). I am now testing on a different win 7 box in the house.

Comment

I went back in there before testing and added the Living room Celling lights verbiage so that it shows in the debug and change the wording a little so that I can turn it on easily.

Comment

Yeah, I have a few Windows 2012 Servers in the house (and a few VMWare ESX Servers) and wish I could get the Kinect to work on the VMs the most, but the Server piece would help too

Comment

Why can't you pass the Kinect to a VM?
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                    Why can't you pass the Kinect to a VM?
                    there is some limitations with the kinect SDK and VM. Read this:
                    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj663795.aspx

1. Only the Kinect for Windows sensor will work on a virtual machine. Kinect for Xbox sensors are not supported.
                    2. Kinect for Windows will NOT support multiple Kinect for Windows sensors on the same virtual machine.
                    3. If a Kinect for Windows sensor is currently visible to a virtual machine and is in use by an application, and a second Kinect for Windows sensor is connected, the original Kinect for Windows sensor will continue functioning, and the second sensor will be ignored. If the application using the Kinect is then stopped and restarted, NO Kinect for Windows sensors will be visible to the application (because there are now two Kinect devices available).
                    4. When using Microsoft Hyper-V, the only OS version that supports Kinect for Windows is Windows 8 Enterprise. The Kinect for Windows sensor will NOT work with Hyper-V on Windows Server.

Comment

I am pretty sure now that my issues is with WHS and not anything with Kinnect. I don't believe the drivers are loaded by default from MS. Anybody have ideas of how to get the MS drivers loaded? I have searched around on the Internet with no luck.

Comment

I tried like crazy on a full 2008 and 2012 server and no luck - I talked to a few buddies at Microsoft as well, no luck (I was a MCT for 10 years ... still have some some good contacts.

So I gave up on Server ... I'll try a Kinect 2 once the plugin supports it ... Who knows

Comment

Working...
                        X