Soil moisture sensor supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil moisture sensor supported

This soil moisture sensor is supported in HS3 version 30.0.0.21 and RFXtrx433E-FW226, RFXtrx433-FW76/176, RFXrec433 FW76

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Soi...item3a8778244b
    Last edited by b_weijenberg; June 4, 2014, 12:38 PM. Reason: receiver type added

Thanks Bert, are multiple sensors supported? If so, what's the max number?

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The sensor has 3 channels and no other ID, so max 3 sensors.

I don't know the quality of the sensor but the transmit range is limited to about 5 meter with 1 wall in between. Maybe you can increase the range by replacing the coil antenna by a 17.5cm wire antenna. Drill a 1mm hole and use silicon to make the enclosure water tight at that point.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Anyone know whether it's a capacitive SMS, or some other technology for measuring soil moisture?

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
            Anyone know whether it's a capacitive SMS, or some other technology for measuring soil moisture?
            Specs are here: http://store.imagintronix.com/pm100_...oisture_sensor

Says it's capacitive. In your testing/research is that the best kind to get?

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Specs are here: http://store.imagintronix.com/pm100_...oisture_sensor

Says it's capacitive. In your testing/research is that the best kind to get?

Cheers
              Al

If you want a simple answer, then for inexpensive soil moisture sensors, I would say yes. If you want a more complete answer, there are a lot of qualifiers you can read on the other thread, but in general capacitive sensors avoid a lot of the pitfalls that come with inexpensive soil moisture sensors that work by measuring electrical resistance. Given the low price, and RFXCOM reception, it's probably worth a try.

Is it at 433Mhz? I didn't see its RF frequency in the specs. I have the rfxcom433rec.
              Last edited by NeverDie; June 3, 2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

If you want a simple answer, then for inexpensive soil moisture sensors, I would say yes. If you want a more complete answer, there are a lot of qualifiers you can read on the other thread, but in general capacitive sensors avoid a lot of the pitfalls that come with inexpensive soil moisture sensors that work by measuring electrical resistance. Given the low price, and RFXCOM reception, it's probably worth a try.

Is it at 433Mhz? I didn't see its RF frequency in the specs. I have the rfxcom433rec.
                Thanks. Yes, it's 433 and will work with your RFXCom (under HS3 at least). It'll work with this console as well: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Soi...item3a87780f9f

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Given the low price, and RFXCOM reception, it's probably worth a try.
                  Bought one to try it out. Will post the results.

I own the license for HS3PRO, but I haven't yet migrated. Oh well. I arrived at the tail end of HS2PRO, so I guess I'll be waiting more or less indefinitely to get plug-ins. It's a known quandary with no solution.
                  Which plugins are you waiting for? I was going to wait for a while, but the new features in the RFXCom, SqueezeBox, and other plugins caused me to push the migration through. I still have HS2 running, but I've migrated about 95% of the functionality to HS3 and hope to shut it off by the end of June.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Does this work with ACRF-2? The oregon sensors do...
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

This sensor is not an Oregon sensor and only supported by the RFXtrx/RFXrec and the RFXCOM HS3 plug-in.

Comment

has anyone tired these? i am considering getting 3 of them
                        HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                        53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                        https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

I'm waiting for the one I ordered to show up. I expect it early next week and will post an update towards the end of next week.

Cheers
                          Al

Comment

Hello

I have 2 of them and working fine
                            range is not so great but with a little modify i have a range of about
                            15 meters.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by ESSCHENK View Post
                              I have 2 of them and working fine
                              range is not so great but with a little modify i have a range of about
                              15 meters.
                              Hi Ed,

What kind of modification did you make?

Thanks
                              Al

Comment

Working...
                              X