Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schlage Z-Wave lock, how do I trigger an event from door locked from keypad outside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Z-Wave lock, how do I trigger an event from door locked from keypad outside?

Hi all, I'm trying to create 2 events, the first will turn off my DSC alarm if the Z-Wave Schlage lock is unlocked from the outside by keypad, and the second arms it when the door is locked from the outside by pressing lock on the keypad.

IF Locks Access Control Notification Kitchen Door changes and becomes a value in the range of User Code 0 Keypad Unlock Operation to User Code 40 Keypad Unlock Operation

Then
    Set Device Alarm Partition 1 to Disarm

However I can't figure out how to do the opposite, arm the alarm when the keypad is pressed. I've tried so many triggers but none seem to work. I've tried "RF Lock Operation", "Usercode (Value) keypad lock operation", but none trigger. Any ideas?

Can you post a screen shot of the Access Control Notification device's Status Graphics tab?

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sure:

http://imgur.com/a/PKMiX

Comment

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post
        arm the alarm when the keypad is pressed. I've tried so many triggers but none seem to work. I've tried "RF Lock Operation", "Usercode (Value) keypad lock operation", but none trigger. Any ideas?
        I'm guessing that you mean "arm the alarm when the "schlage" button is pressed on the outside door lock (which locks the bolt.)

If so, go to the child node for the door lock that's something like "access notification" or "access control notification." From there, check the "status graphics" and find the status string used for a value of 5. On my own, I don't remember if I had to manually add it or modify it. See attached image. Once you have that string (or add it), you can add the event as seen in the second attached image.

(I think it's possible that the value of "5" is missing by default in HS. I reported it as a bug or sent a support email - but it doesn't matter: both are ignored.)
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by garyd9 View Post
          I'm guessing that you mean "arm the alarm when the "schlage" button is pressed on the outside door lock (which locks the bolt.)

If so, go to the child node for the door lock that's something like "access notification" or "access control notification." From there, check the "status graphics" and find the status string used for a value of 5. On my own, I don't remember if I had to manually add it or modify it. See attached image. Once you have that string (or add it), you can add the event as seen in the second attached image.

(I think it's possible that the value of "5" is missing by default in HS. I reported it as a bug or sent a support email - but it doesn't matter: both are ignored.)
          I just looked at mine again and 5 is the correct value. IIRC, I did have to add this manually.

+1 on your assessment of bugzilla reports. I have 8 of them open now, some months old, and they have never been responded to.

Comment

Thanks so much I'll try that, I don't have a 5, pretty much everything but 5 lol. I'll try to add it after and see if that works, appreciate it big time.

Comment

If you name the status (for 5) the same as I did ("Keypad Lock Operation"), it will automatically pick up the proper image to use without having to manually add that to the "Status graphics" page as well.

Comment

I am trying to do something really similar with a Schlage Camelot. Basically, I want to disarm my DSC alarm system when somebody unlocks the door with a valid security key. The event 'unlock' is not sufficient as somebody could smash in the glass of the door, reach inside and unlock the door 'from inside'. So I think the proper event is "Unlocked for Outside Handle" but the working is strange. There is also an "Unlocked for Outside Handle with Timeout" which sounds even stranger. Is there some description somewhere that describes the different states? I want to make sure I get this right as this is about security after all.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ah, I was looking at the wrong device. The screenshot below shows how to trigger something when the lock is unlocked from outside by entering a valid user key.

Edit:
                  And once it's collapsed it becomes as what is shown in the second screenshot. If you only want this to happen for the for x user codes then select "Choose a specific value in this range" as shown in the first screenshot.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mulu; April 1, 2018, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I would like to code an event when my lock is opened with a certain code.
                    I don't see how to get the options in the if statement.

Thanks,

Docfxit
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X