No announcement yet.

Including Aeotec Wallmote Quad (ZW130)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you added it securely, remove it then add it unsecurely. See if that helps with reliability. It for sure will increase battery life.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Wallmote update

rjh - thanks for the tip - I always add these non-secure as that was required some time ago in the early stages of this product for some reason.

So Aeotec seems to addressed the issue. Here's a snippet of their response to me. After I upgraded to 1.7 I have not seen the blinking blue LED issue happen again.

==================

We have released a new firmware update for WallMote Quad ZW130 (US, EU, and AU frequency). This firmware will solve the below issues:

Firmware Change Logs:
      1. Solves issue where WallMote freezes and cannot be activated unless plugged into a USB port.
      2. Quick battery drain issues.

Requirements to use firmware update.
      • Requires Windows OS (XP, 7, 8, or 10)
      • Z-Wave USB Adapter (Z-Stick, UZB1, SmartStick+, or any other Z-Wave standard USB Adapter).

You can find the firmware update here in this article including instructions for download and use:

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/solutio...ate-4-18-2017-

Comment

Darn it.

Firmware didn't fix the problem, although I want to say it's better than before.

The blue light flashing thing happened again for me this evening.

Comment

Flashing pattern when it fails

Can anybody decode what's happening here? This is the second time it happened for me after the 1.7 version upgrade.

I don't think the pattern means anything - it seems truly random. But here's a pretty clear video of the pattern I just took this evening when it did the behavior for it's second time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIW88bTDnDw

Comment

Yeah the current status is to stay away....

...from these wallmotes. They're still not reliable enough to use as a wall switch. You expect a wall switch to trigger events, that's it. And these fail that simple task so I would stay away from these for the time being until they can sort out the flakiness.

Even with the newest 1.7 firmware these still flake out at least once per day now - basically we're back to where we were with 1.6.

Also, now when it fails to trigger, the blue light flashes for a while... then after it's done it proceeds to trigger all the events multiple times causing lots of lights to flash here and there, randomly, with the MAF dropping significantly. MAF is ME APPROVAL FACTOR !

Thanks for listening :-) I'll update with any progress on these.

Why can't they just make them as reliable as the Minimotes? I have a bunch of those and the only time they fail is when the batteries die, and that's an easy fix.

Comment

I have forwarded this thread to our contact at Aeon, maybe they can have a look and chime in. At least I made them aware of the issues you are seeing.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No resolution - stay away from this produt

After weeks of their engineering team trying to solve this issue the best they can come up with is a parameter to disable the LED altogether. The problem is that they didn't understand that the problem is not that the led blinks blue in random patterns, it's that the device DOESN'T WORK!

It won't trigger scenes/events - instead it chooses to blink the blue pattern and not send any button trigger events.

Anyway, disabling the LED altogether would make things worse - you touch the panel and nothing happens at all and without the LED indicator you'd never know if it registered your touch or not.

So at this point, I hope my experience will save some of you from wasting your money on it - I'm just sorry I bought two of them (over $100 for both).

Stick with the Minimotes -- I have lots of those and they never fail.

Comment

Have managed to get the Wallmote Quad included into HS3 and can get it to trigger events, has anyone been able to work out how to use the dimmer swipe or do we have to wait for them to be supported better in HS3.

Comment

Sooo.. is this still a "bad purchase" for HS3? I like the design...

Also, is it in any way possible to upgrade FW on this via a ZNet2?

Comment

It is very bad purchase.

To upgrade fw you need their zwave stick.

Comment

So my conclusion is that these are crap products

So Aeotec just "closed" my ticket even after replying that it's still an open issue. They said that I need to RMA the devices with the original vendor to get the "newer hardware" model that fixed the base issue where they don't respond sometimes and just "blink blue."

Several people have contacted me from the YouTube video I posted saying that theirs do the same thing.

I contacted the vendor (homecontrols.com) and they tell me that they'll honor the RMA warranty replacement, but do not have ANY of the new hardware versions in stock to replace them with.

So I'm at an impasse and have removed the products from my system and are awaiting any resolution.

What a waste of over $100 for two of these!

I do not recommend this product to anyone at this time. It's too bad because their minimotes work so well - I use several and they're quite reliable and do the job.

Comment

I have been dealing with the same issue. Same unresponsiveness at random times, blue flashing LED in a random pattern despite several inclusions and exclusions etc. It does eventually work a few minutes after it finishes flashing.

I have the AU version. I updated the firmware to the latest version (1.8), which was not easy as the instructions on the Aeotec website are not accurate. Had to log a support ticket and they eventually gave correct instructions. But I did eventually get the firmware updated.

But even with 1.8 the same symptoms persist as when it was version 1.5.

After reading this thread I have come to the conclusion it's a hardware issue. I just have to hope the supplier will take it back under RMA. I live in New Zealand and had it shipped from Australia, as there are no real z-wave retailers in New Zealand.

As it stands I would not advise people to buy this product.

Marty.
                          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Been testing one out for the past week, really wish these things worked. I also bought the Aeon labs key fob which is actually a million times better.

Comment

I bought one of these, just tried adding today. I Don't seem to get a child device added for button 2 yet when I press it, button 1 is activated. Tried excluding and including again, multiple rescans, same result. Not added securely and have it powered by usb and included whilst next to the z stick.

Screenshot below shows the command on the central scene child device as scene 2 being pressed, scene 1 has same time stamp so proves what happens.

Anyone had this issue?

The wallmote is on ver 1.8, zwave plugin was .223 now on .228 and still no different. Also attached the log of first inclusion showing 7 child devices, rescan returns with 6 child devices.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Steaktastic87; July 3, 2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I bought two of these, and they're junk.

Comment

Working...
                                X