Aeon Labs ZW095-A Add Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs ZW095-A Add Procedure

I tried numerous times, but it always failed, and I only got the root device created. I finally added it non-securely, and have all 8 children. Was I supposed to add it non-securely to begin with?

I have found that I have trouble adding devices unless I am physically very close to the z-wave stick. After it is attached then you can move it farther away. I was able to add all the devices in the secure mode that way.

Comment

From a bugzilla I wrote concerning a Fibaro device, this is the HS response from November 2017. Since then I only add unsecure regardless of who the manufacturer is.

Sigma (Z-Wave) did not dictate which mode (secure/unsecure) should be the default. Almost all of the newer devices add unsecure by default but Fibaro opted for secure. Secure normally works ok, and in the next update of the plugin the Dimmer 2 adds securely ok. I am just giving you my opinion based on my knowledge of the protocol. I would would opt for speed and reliability over security since no one is going to sniff my Z-Wave traffic and look at sensors! Also, S0 secure mode has been broken so its not 100% secure anyway. If you feel like you want to be as secure as possible, then you are welcome to add it securely. We will be posting an update to the Z-Wave plugin sometime today so you can try that. I would never tell someone to disable security if they are concerned about being as secure as possible.

Sigma has fixed all of this with S2 security in that it would be very hard to hack, uses a PIN code so the keys are not sent over the network, and uses the same amount of Z-Wave traffic as unsecure mode. HS will be supporting this shortly. Devices that support it are not really out yet however.

Comment

Working...
      X