Camera PlugIn Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera PlugIn Recommendation

I've recently set up a camera system. What is the recommended plug ins? I cannot find info comparing the various plug ins. I've used Blade and UltrJones plugins before with great success. I'm a Hs#Pro user so get included access to the HS camera plug in.

Which is recommended and why? Is there a place where they are compared?

How is the facial recognition plug in and does it work well?

Also, any idea what the substream2 url & authorization syntax is for Dahua cams?

I haven't found this yet.

Comment

I've got this working through my NVR in VLC, but not in HS:

rtsp://<user>:<password>@NVRIP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=4&subtype=2

Cant find or figure out how to get this to work in HS3 Netcam PI.
      Last edited by Club Chapin; July 7, 2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Blue Iris PI works great with HS3 notification and status, it also works great with Imperial app to monitor steaming video. The only draw back is that you need to House the BI serve on a Platform, I used a dedicated mini PC which allow for DVR recordings to be archived etc.. MTC, Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
        Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
        HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
          Also, any idea what the substream2 url & authorization syntax is for Dahua cams?

I haven't found this yet.
          Have you tried any of the url's from here?
          https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Dahua

Comment

Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
            Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
            HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
              Blue Iris PI works great with HS3 notification and status, it also works great with Imperial app to monitor steaming video. The only draw back is that you need to House the BI serve on a Platform, I used a dedicated mini PC which allow for DVR recordings to be archived etc.. MTC, Mike
              Does the BI PI work without running BI? I've decided at this point to not use BI.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                Have you tried any of the url's from here?
                https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Dahua
                Will look now.

What I donj't know, is what format is valid for HS Netcam PI.

Comment

@Peter,

Homeseer 3 / Netcam PI will not work with an RTSP stream. For a bit Rich had configured HSTouch to work with an RTSP stream. I could never get it to work.

Way back I used a VLC window embedded in a HSTouch screen to view my cameras live. That worked but was a PITA to set up.

Best to use Blue Iris NVR for Windows or Zoneminder for Linux. You can run Zoneminder on an RPi. RTSP camera streaming is very resource intensive.

Preference these days is to run the Zoneminder client which works fine on Windows 10, iOS or Android and use single frame captures from HS3 which works fine with Zoneminder.

Relating to using the Dahua camera have a look at the specifications to see if it streams in MJPEG and RTSP modes. Many cameras today do both. Many also do jpg single frame captures.

Here utilize Zoneminder and I do not see any references to using an MJPEG stream with the Dahua camera.

Dahua

RTSP vs. JPEG vs. ONVIF (noob questions)

JPEG vs RTSP should provide noticable differences:
                  • JPEG is slower but can be higher quality depending on cameras
                  • RTSP / MPEG4 offers faster frame rate and may support audio or offer higher resolutions. It however may be more cpu intensive or have delays
                  • ONVIF is not comparable since it has nothing to do with this. ONVIF just allows devices to be detected automatically by softwares or other devices running on the same network.

What is the difference between MJPEG and H.264?

The main difference between H.264 and MJPEG is that MJPEG only compresses individual frames of video, while H.264 compresses across frames.

MJPEG is the compilation of separately compressed JPEGs in a sequence, which leads to high quality outcome in terms of resolution.

With H.264, on the other hand, only some frames are compressed by themselves, while most of them only record changes from the previous frame. This can save a significant amount of bandwidth compared to MJPEG (which encodes each frame as new), but results in a video of lower quality.

H.264 pros/cons
                  + reduces bandwidth and storage consumption significantly
                  + adaptive video quality based on bandwidth
                  + suitable for storage
                  + / – complexity setup – sometimes tricky to set up – streaming quality, frame rate and i frame rate. GOP, VBR, CBR etc.

MJPEG pros/cons
                  + consistently great image quality
                  + robustness, if one frame is dropped, then it does not affect the video
                  – no sound
                  – consumes much more bandwidth and storage
                  Last edited by Pete; July 9, 2018, 07:24 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

If all you want is to take snap shots, I recommend UltraNetcam3.
                    You can create snap shot events. I for one have an event setup in my garage when either one of the garage doors or my X-10 motions sensor (yes, X10) detects motion.
                    The event takes 20 snapshots at about 5 seconds apart. It has never failed...

Robert
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Relating to the Dahua you can get a jpg snapshot using:

hxxp://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?loginuse=[USERNAME]&loginpas=[PASSWORD]

It is a PITA though because you need to authenticate to get this snapshot.

It requires http authentication which a web browser will prompt you for if you enter that URL into the address bar. This is not very convenient if you just want to download a snapshot to your hard drive though.

Thinking too the option of MJPEG streaming is there. Not sure if you can do both though...IE: only one or the other can be done (mjpeg or H.264)
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks. I'm trying to view them in HS Touch on my phone.

Even if a static image, that would be a good start.

Do I configure this in HS3/Netcam or is there an HS Touch app I should be using for this?

The following works in a browser, but I cannot view it in HS3 or HS Touch on my ios device. Should I be able to?

http://Userassword@CamIP/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?channel=1&subtype=2

Comment

You can configure static images and see those with HSTouch locally or remotely via the WAN.

It is recommended that you utilize the CCTV mobile application that is provided for you cameras for motion views.

Here utilize only VPN for remote access to everything inside my LAN from the WAN.

I changed over to using VPN many years ago. No ports are opened on the firewall for anything these days.

For quickie testing open up an SSH tunnel and do a reverse proxy for the browser and can see everything that way just fine for remote HS3 configurations (for peers).
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                          X