www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion

Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion Lighting & Primary Technology General Discussion

Old April 9th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Ryan Phillips

wired pir motion detector

Is there any way of getting a hardwired motion detector (pir) to work with homeseer to trigger events e.g. turning lights on etc?
Old April 9th, 2009, 05:30 PM
OverSeer

I have several hardwired pir's going. They are wired to a UPB I/O module but I would think any I/O board that sees a dry contact would work as well, something like a powerflash maybe, it's been awhile since I used much in X10 but I seem to remember they would see a dry contact.
Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.
Old April 9th, 2009, 07:20 PM
OverSeer

I don't really use my house alarm as it cannot be trusted, so I just wired the PIRs in parallel with the zones (I have one sensor per zone..small place) and would you believe it works a charm. One length of CAT5 later from my alarm, into a Velleman K8055 and you have some PIR inputs. Only slight issue was the inputs were closed when there was no motion and open when there was...some scripting sorted this out.

Have several scripts on my PIR's...basically covering lights turning on/off when I walk in the room.