xapmcsWebControl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapmcsWebControl

xapmcsWebControl is an xAP node using xAPBSC schema that contains a browser interface for setup and interactive operation. It communicates with CAI WebControl interface using HTTP and SMTP protocols on an IP/LAN connection. It is functionally equivalent to xapmcs1Wire with an IP rather than 1-Wire interface to the target hardware.

Each instance of xapmcsWebControl is able to interface to up to eight WebControl modules. Each WebControl module provides up to eight Temperature measurements, one Humidity measurement, three analog measurements, eight discrete inputs and eight discrete outputs.

xapmcsWebControl polls each CAI WebControl module at a user-selected rate. This is accomplished with HTTP communications. It also responds to notification events from CAI WebControl for state changes using SMTP communications. xapmcsWebControl provides the SMTP server function for direct communication with the hadware. It provides the HTTP client function to poll for sensor status.

Several setup options are available to tailor both the WebControl operation and the User Interface. For each Temperature, Humidity and Analog input rising and trailing thresholds can be defined with events generated for use in control functions such as thermostats. Hysteresis is also user selected for these inputs to tailor the amount of change necessary before event messages are produced.

Change History
    -----------------
    PR 1 1.0.0.1 Improve UI for sensor filtering, calibration and setpoints
    PR 2 1.0.1.0 Add Setpoint control and more complete integration with WebControl Module
    PR 3 1.0.1.2 Convert WebControl date formats to local region formats
    PR 4 1.0.1.3 Display time with 24 hour clock for non-USA
    PR 5 1.0.1.4 Cannot control relay from HS browser
    PR 6 1.0.1.5 Correct and change sensor rate reporting from per hour to per sec
    PR 7 1.0.1.5 Humidity does not report changes via xapBSC
    PR 8 1.0.1.6 Correct Today/Tomorrow display logic
    PR 9 1.0.1.7 Improve device ID naming for DSN rather than IP addresses
    PR 10 1.0.1.8 Setpoint significant digits are now user configurable
    PR 11 1.0.1.8 Sensor limts are now associated with all 8 outputs
    PR 12 1.0.2.0 Update for WebControl firmware v02.03.04
    PR 13 1.0.2.0 Parse PLC and BRE firmware (note PR12 version not merged at this time)
    PR 14 1.0.2.1 Relay 0/1 and OFF/ON status not correct when outputs are inverted
    PR 15 1.0.2.2 Temperature not handled correctly on PLC
    PR 16 1.0.2.3 Handle date when regional settings are for DD/MM/YYYY
    PR 17 1.0.2.4 Rounding with comma decimal not correct for x,0"
    PR 18 1.0.3.3 Force input invert status to only be associated with channel 1
    PR 19 1.0.3.4 Allow PLC invert bias on switch & relay to persist with restart (does not change WebControl settings)

Available at http://mcsSprinklers.com/xapmcsWebControl.zip
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; April 4, 2014, 03:09 PM.

Is there a chance you may be able to update this for firmware version 02.03.06? I get some results correctly and some are garbled and contain HTML. I can provide HTML for any of the pages you would like.

Thanks!

Comment

Zip up pages for the following and I will see what has changed. Post or email mcsSolutions at centurytel dot net

Temperature Sensors Configuration
      Humidity Sensor Configuration
      Analog Inputs Configuration
      Digital Input Configuration
      Output Setup

Comment

Well- I am trying to install this-- I have an XAP hub running I believe-- I installed mcsxap and I see the follow in my log file.

5/19/2010 11:35:09 PM xapmcswebcontrol mcs.webcontrol.homeseerpc | buildhsheader not able to use homeseer webserverport , hs=_comobject line 120 the rpc server is unavailable. (exception from hresult: 0x800706ba)
        5/19/2010 11:35:09 PM xapmcswebcontrol mcs.webcontrol.homeseerpc | buildhsheader not able to use homeseer getpageheader line 170 the rpc server is unavailable. (exception from hresult: 0x800706ba)

Never done any XAP before-- but I have the xapmcswebcontrol running- and when I click on that I see the two temperature readings I accepted- and the humidty. I attached a picture of the xfx message view. Seems to show them ok.

ANy pointers?
        Attached Files
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

It really is not an xap issue, but related to HTTP server. I suspect you have the setting to use the HS header. This creates a dependency between the two applications. I have never seen this messages but looks as if both xapmcsWebControl and Homeseer are trying to use the same HTTP port. The two should be different. The only thing that this setting does is format the header using the HS methods so those that like a common looking header can achieve it. If you uncheck to use this header then the error should go away. I suspect that it will also go away if the HTTP server port setup for xapmcsWebControl is different than the one you are using for HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            It really is not an xap issue, but related to HTTP server. I suspect you have the setting to use the HS header. This creates a dependency between the two applications. I have never seen this messages but looks as if both xapmcsWebControl and Homeseer are trying to use the same HTTP port. The two should be different. The only thing that this setting does is format the header using the HS methods so those that like a common looking header can achieve it. If you uncheck to use this header then the error should go away. I suspect that it will also go away if the HTTP server port setup for xapmcsWebControl is different than the one you are using for HS.
            They were different-- but I changed some of the settings and now I think I have it working-- I can see the two temperatures and the humidity sensor in Homeseer now.

I imagine I will need to have the hub and xapmcs web control in the startup folder?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Some use a service hub that starts with the computer. I have my xAP applications invoked out of the Windows startup.

Comment

xapmcsWebControl and mscTemperature together on one PC with HomeseerPro

Hi Michael,

Is it possible to install both xapmcsWebControl and mscTemperature together on one PC with HomeseerPro? Do they work?

Thank for help.

Wiel

Comment

The answer is yes, but the question implies some clarification may be necessary. In my case I have three WebControl modules located about 1000 miles apart and xapmcsWebControl running on the same computer as HS. HS has visibility and control of the WebControl modules.

mcsTemperature is a HS plugin that must reside at a specific location on the same computer that hosts HS. xapmcsWebControl is a standalone application that can run from any location on the LAN. It integrates with Homeseer with the HS mcsXap plugin that also communicates over the LAN using the xAP protocol.

Comment

Hey

I moved my webcontroller to a new IP address-- then I changed the xap settings. I can see the xap messages come across in the viewer from the new address-- but I deleted the HS devices. How do I re-add the devices in Homeseer so they are associated with the new XAP device?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

The xAp environment does not care about IP addresses. Just the computer name so unless you canged the computer's network name there was not need to make any changes in HS. Any new names that appear are visible to mcsXap and can be selected for inclusion and this will create the HS devices. If the computer name did not change then mcsXap may not recognized them as being new. You can uncheck the Accept box if the name old, save, then check it again and that may do it for you. Make certain you have the setting to show all devices and not just the accepted ones in mcsXap. If you have Deleted the devices from mcsXap then there is no GUI available to recover then. It will require editing.

Comment

First, thanks for taking the time to help me out here.

I didn't have a computer name for the web controller-- just was using the default address of 192.168.1.15. I moved it to 16-- so that I could configure another device on the default. I will have to go thru and name all of my devices on the network-- the benefit is rather clear from this example.

I did as suggested- unaccepted the devices-- saved-- and then reaccept them. I do not see any new HS devices in my list.

I then deleted the address from the xap screen- saved-- and readded the address for the web control unit. Now-----

8/28/2010 9:11:52 PM xapmcswebcontroldebug mcs.webcontrol.homeseerpc | parsewebcontroldata line 260 the given key was not present in the dictionary.
                        8/28/2010 9:16:42 PM xapmcswebcontrol mcs.webcontrol.homeseerpc | initool save c:\program files\xfx\xapmcswebcontrol2\config\mcsxapwebcontrol.ini line 270 the given key was not present in the dictionary.

Can I blow away mcsXapDevices and mcsXapSettings after I close HS and xap and try again? I have some of your other plugs but aren't currently using them (audrey).

I think a clean start would just be easier.....

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

mcsXap will not see anything until xapmcsWebControl updates values or a query is done. That was the step I did not indicate in the instructions after remove the Accept checkbox. Using the Delete means that you never again want to see it which is not what you wanted. The plugin remembers what you deleted so it required manual surgery to recover from that.

You can remove the database where mcsXap stores its information. I think it is \data\mcsXap.mdb. It may be one subdirectory deeper. There is also the \Config\mcsXapSettings.ini that contains part of your setup information, but I do not think you need to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                            mcsXap will not see anything until xapmcsWebControl updates values or a query is done. That was the step I did not indicate in the instructions after remove the Accept checkbox. Using the Delete means that you never again want to see it which is not what you wanted. The plugin remembers what you deleted so it required manual surgery to recover from that.

You can remove the database where mcsXap stores its information. I think it is \data\mcsXap.mdb. It may be one subdirectory deeper. There is also the \Config\mcsXapSettings.ini that contains part of your setup information, but I do not think you need to remove it.
                            Oh man-- I am not having much luck here.

I deleted everything-- the plugins, the xap files in HS. The configs-- reinstalled it all and I get the same behavior. I can see everything on the xapwebcontrol is happy-- I can see the xap messages in the view-- but when I try to read them into XAP on homeseer-- nothing.

The only funny thing is in HS- the XAP pull down menu doesn't open anything up. I have to use the XAP button on the web page to configure.

I've written a quick vbscript that I execute every 5 seconds to read the values (gett1.cgi, geth1.cgi etc) and loaded those into my devices for now.

I'll play around a bit more and report any findings.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

I think there is a debug option in mcsXap and that may provide some clue. I dont recall if the output goes to the \data folder text file or the hs log. You mcsXap settings do need to enable xAPBSC transmit and receive as that is the xAP schema that xapmcsWebControl uses.

Comment

Working...
                              X