Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSPro as a Service prevents HSTouch devices to log in.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPro as a Service prevents HSTouch devices to log in.

Hi,

when I set up my HSPro as a service, so it starts up automatically when the computer reboots after a crash or windows update, my HSTouch devices can't log on.
    I read that HSPro as a service has plug-in issues, could this be the cause?
    If so, what's the work-around?

Are you running any antivirus software that may be blocking access to services?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjdevries View Post
      Hi,

when I set up my HSPro as a service, so it starts up automatically when the computer reboots after a crash or windows update, my HSTouch devices can't log on.
      I read that HSPro as a service has plug-in issues, could this be the cause?
      If so, what's the work-around?
      if you are just concerned about Homeseer recovery after an update or crash.. just set your computer up to log itself in automatically...

start --> run control userpasswords2

uncheck users must enter password to log in..
      click OK

you will be asked to type in the account name and current password of user you want to log in.. (leave pass blank ifd you dont have one)..

put homeseer shortcut (and anything else you want to start) in the start-->programs--> startup folder...

now HS starts when you reboot... and runs the GUI version.. which to me seems to run much better than the service..
      -Christopher
      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

@cadillackid:
        start --> run control userpasswords2
        if you could break this down a bit more that would be helpfull, since every version on how I do this doesn't actually do anything but bring up windows search.
        I'm on Win7 ultimate, if this helps.
        Also, this isn't going to prompt the user for permission to run the application as with the regular launch?

@Rupp
        Only Security Essentials (haven't taken the time to look for a good antivirus that doesn't take up tons of resources, so this does the trick for now). You think I need to add separate permissions to the routers' and windows' firewall?

Thanks guys.

RJ

Comment

Working...
        X