This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SocketLincs and 2420M Problem

I found a couple of SocketLincs hanging around and set them up to work with Motion sensors. They turn on correctly but will not turn off after the time out period. I left all settings at default. They will turn off from an off command in HS. Do the SocketLincs not play well?

Stan

HS v. 2.5.0.0
    Insteon v. 1.5.2.21
    Last edited by sbuckler; January 19, 2011, 01:42 PM. Reason: Forgot ver. #s

Originally posted by sbuckler View Post
    I found a couple of SocketLincs hanging around and set them up to work with Motion sensors. They turn on correctly but will not turn off after the time out period. I left all settings at default. They will turn off from an off command in HS. Do the SocketLincs not play well?

Stan

HS v. 2.5.0.0
    Insteon v. 1.5.2.21
    sounds like you have the socketlinc linked directly to the ms? is that correct?

do you see Off cmds from the ms in the hs log
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes SL linked to MS and I am not seeing an off command in the log. The two MS are i2 firmware 24. SocketLincs listed as i2 firmware 30.

I have to other MS that are firmware 34 that do report an off in the log but those are linked to Togglelincs.

Stan

the two firmware 24 MS were linked and working with the togglelincs...both on and off.
      Last edited by sbuckler; January 19, 2011, 02:34 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Yes SL linked to MS and I am not seeing an off command in the log. The two MS are i2 firmware 24. SocketLincs listed as i2 firmware 30.

I have to other MS that are firmware 34 that do report an off in the log but those are linked to Togglelincs.

Stan

the two firmware 24 MS were linked and working with the togglelincs...both on and off.
        sounds like the fw 24 MS is not sending Off cmds. check the documentation for jumper J4 i think you can fix this-sounds like On only mode is active
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          sounds like the fw 24 MS is not sending Off cmds. check the documentation for jumper J4 i think you can fix this-sounds like On only mode is active
          I have checked that and J4 is not used. These MS were working fine before I deleted the Togglelinc links and linked them with the Socketlincs. The only other setting I remember changing was the sensitivity from 37 to the default. When I get a chance I will unlink the SL and link the MS to something else to see if I get an off command. thanks for quick response.

Comment

I have checked that and J4 is not used. These MS were working fine before I deleted the Togglelinc links and linked them with the Socketlincs. The only other setting I remember changing was the sensitivity from 37 to the default. When I get a chance I will unlink the SL and link the MS to something else to see if I get an off command. thanks for quick response.
            the other thing to try is to link the SL to an regular switchlinc and see if the SL responds correctly. good luck
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X