X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Mark's Plugin - New Values

Hi
    Mark has changed a small thing in his plugin which now causes issue with HStouch and HSTouch designer.

Until his recent change, the open/close modules used the values on/off
    now it is open/close which makes a lot more sense.
    the problem is now the on/off in the hstouch app doenst work, only the slider.
    i had to create a virtual device so i can run events like : if virtual device goes "on", change windows shade to "open" and etc.

is this something that will be changes in HS touch?
    since now i cannot use "toggle on/off" in the designer.

thanks

HSTouch IIRC uses that device parameters ePairControlUse to tell whether a value is on/off for the purpose of toggling the device. I would guess that you can specify an 'Open' value to be 'On' and 'Closed' to be 'Off' without having anything visual penalty, although it would appear as 'Toggle On/Off' in the designer rather than 'Toggle Open/Close'. I don't know an easy way of doing to try it but it may be something to ask Mark whether you could try it instead.

Comment

that will be just great
      can you explain a bit more how i can specify open instead of "on"?

Comment

Mrhappy - any idea how i can do that?
        would really appreciate it

Comment

Unfortunately no, I did some testing of this for a plugin I have written and the .ControlUse property is something that you can only really change when you create the device value pairs. There is no facility to change this on any existing pairs by specific script action, it would be possible to try and recreate the pairs with this parameter set and the same values but there could be all sorts go wrong if you tried that and I would not want to be liable for destroying your devices needing them all to be recreated.

I think personally in your position I might instead use events that instead you just fired the event when you pressed the toggle button if did If-On-Then-Off-ElseIf Off Then On type check to toggle the status.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
            ....I think personally in your position I might instead use events that instead you just fired the event when you pressed the toggle button if did If-On-Then-Off-ElseIf Off Then On type check to toggle the status.
            That's the way I do it.

Comment

i can create a virtual device that uses on/off
              and have 2 events per device
              if on then press open
              if off then press close

but its annoying
              will there be a new updated version of hstouch designer?
              maybe the beta?

Comment

You don't need a virtual device. Just create an event that when triggered (by button action in HS Touch) will toggle the device state. It can be done with one event or script per device.

Comment

Do I have hstouch commands or button actions in HomeSeer events? I am not sure I saw them as options under event possibilities

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
                    Do I have hstouch commands or button actions in HomeSeer events? I am not sure I saw them as options under event possibilities
                    From designer, you select trigger a homeseer event from the list of button actions (usually, you use the on release actions), and then select the new toggle event that you created in homeseer. Create the event as a manual trigger with conditions.

Comment

Well that was easy.
                      i created a lot of events for each open/close module.
                      if "virtual device kitchen shades" becomes On
                      control device "kitchen shades" to open.

if "virtual device kitchen shades" becomes Off
                      control device "kitchen shades" to Close.

then in the designer i had to use the virtual devices to control the devices.
                      i must say it caused a huge delay in control until the event ran and send the signal to the device and etc and etc.

i just fixed it today in a "slap my face for not thinking about it before" way.
                      i just entered into the device (not the virtual) and changed the values from "open" to "On" and from "close" to "Off"

that fixed it and now the toggles work with the device. i deleted the events and all the virtual devices.

the open/close values are great for the hstouch server in its original setup.
                      when you setup your own design, the open/close values doesnt matter since i can write what ever i want on the button.

hope this helped someone

Comment

Working...
                      X