First Alert ZCOMBO-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Is this a zwave device? Will the troller recognize it?
    If you mean the Z-Troller - yes.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

ZCOMBO-G Values

If you have the latest version of the Z-Wave plug-in, this is what your status graphics values should be for the notification device:
      Attached Files

Comment

On .173 on zee. Not how mine looks.

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
          On .173 on zee. Not how mine looks.
          The Z-Wave plug-in is v3.0.1.2. If you don't have that, check to see if there's an update for your Zee.

Comment

I can't update zwave seperate on zee. .173 is even the latest beta.

Comment

I can't update zwave seperate on zee. .173 is even the latest beta.
              OK, you'll need to wait for the release then. Shouldn't be too long.

Comment

?? On the zee, the zwave plugin gets updated with releases. Beta 3.0.0.173 has zwave 3.0.1.2 already.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                  I'd imagine my script will still be applicable to this for HS2. Likely all we're going to get.
                  Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  If you have the latest version of the Z-Wave plug-in, this is what your status graphics values should be for the notification device:
                  Greg - do you have all these in your HS2 script?
                  Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Ok. Rescan seems to have done it on one. . .the other seems to have needed to be removed and readded. Both have the graphic settings now though. :-)

Unfortunately, it appears that the custom graphic that I had added got reset. Set them back, but the newly added device is keeping the generic ZWave graphic for the small icon for some reason. . .

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
                      Greg - do you have all these in your HS2 script?
                      At the time there was little or no information available about these units so I had to rely on what I could determine experimentally. I've never seen CO or Smoke level values returned from the Detector. I've dealt with every alarm/value which has been returned from my unit so far; which is the original version actually. Perhaps the "G" version does provide more information. If I ever buy one, or someone else does and can provide more info, I'll add those values or additional devices as necessary. I'm holding off buying another unit until I know for sure that annoying false low battery chirp is gone in the G.

I have included: Alarm status for CO, CO cleared, Smoke, Smoke Cleared, Test, Test Completed, Test Failed and Heartbeat Received (these are displayed as a single HS device - latest received), as well as Battery Level in a separate device and eventually End of life which of course hasn't occurred as yet and wouldn't be expected for several years.
                      I included placeholders for Battery Low, Malfunction and End Of Life when the information is available.

As I recall, the script will log any values received which aren't already dealt with. I did this so I could add any additional information as necessary. So far, nothing.

I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to break everything out into separate devices but as I use this, I simply trigger events based on a value change for the "Alarm" device... it's simpler that way.

The script isn't encoded, so anyone could modify it easily for their own purposes.

For HS2, we're highly unlikely to see support in the form of a plugin from HST so, this is pretty much our only recourse.
                      Last edited by Wadenut; May 14, 2015, 05:18 AM.
                      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Macromark (Mark)...
                        Perhaps you could help me out with some of the blanks.
                        For HS2, the Z-Troller creates three devices on adding the ZSmoke/ZCombo... Root, Alarm and Battery.

I think Battery is covered as it does populate with the current battery level. I'd need a list of possible strings sent by the ZSMOKE/ZCOMBO in the alarm device in order to fill in the blanks for the HS2 script. Very little was documented with the unit I received. If you could ask Rich/Rick for this info, I'd be extremely appreciative.

Comment

On aside. My Z-Combo was chirping exactly every 47 seconds. Rather annoying while I'm trying to work in the garage. The battery level showed 74%. I decided to replace the batteries with two fresh Energizers. Now showing 94% and no chirp. We'll see exactly how long before it starts again, but it seems to me it'll only be a matter of a few weeks to a month or so.

Tested the old batteries on a battery tester. They show virtually full.

Comment

Chirping has been inconsistent for me, but I haven't ever received a battery alert prior to getting chirping. . .it makes me suspect that the battery scale may not be as expected. . .

Comment

Chirping has been inconsistent for me, but I haven't ever received a battery alert prior to getting chirping. . .it makes me suspect that the battery scale may not be as expected. . .
                              I'd agree. It'll generally start around 90%. The manual does state the chirp is indicating a low battery.

Comment

Documentation indicates the Alarm Heartbeat happens every 20 minutes. On my unit, this actually happens every 60 minutes. Not sure why... perhaps the 20 minute setting used too much battery power and they changed this?

Comment

Working...
                                X