Introducing Z-Tool+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    What version of HS3 are you running? What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running? Do you have JSON control enabled?
    I have HS3 version 3.0.0.194 and Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.23 and JSON is enabled. I have tried with a Samsung tablet and from a Samsung phone. I already had Blue Iris on the computer on port 80, and this is a new install of Homeseer that I put the web server on port 8080 and it only has the SmartStick+ and OpenSprinkler installed into it so far.

Comment

I installed HS3 in a virtual machine on the same computer, and connected the Smartstick+ to that VM. Should Z-Tool+ work with HS3 in this configuration?

I have the Smartstick+ configured in HS3 and see it in the console with a HomeID and with nodeID=1. I have now tried two Android tablets and one phone, none of them sees the system. Since this is a brand new SmartStick+, is it defective or how does Z-Tool+ on the tablet find the computer and SmartStick+ connected to it?

Also in Firefox I have Noscript installed, and see the HS3 web page also trying to load something from Twitter.com. Why is it trying to talk to Twitter?

Comment

Does it work with a stroller?
        The only system it sees is my rpi2 with a razberry zwave card
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          Does it work with a stroller?
          Yes, it will also work in a crib and a playpen!
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            (yes, native Windows Phone *gasp*)
            I love this!

It's fanstastic when the best mobile OS also get apps (what it has in awesomeness, it lacks in number of apps, sadly). Now we only need HStouch, after all Windows 10 is comming!
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              I love this!

It's fanstastic when the best mobile OS also get apps (what it has in awesomeness, it lacks in number of apps, sadly). Now we only need HStouch, after all Windows 10 is comming!
              Sadly, things are not looking too good for Windows Phone these days: http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspen...loud-strategy/

Fortunately, out Z-Tool+ doesn't require extra coding for the Windows Phone version.

Comment

Originally posted by wljohnson05 View Post
                Got everything updated, both the z-wave plugin to 3.0.1.23 and the hs3pro version to 3.0.0.194. I still run into errors when loading the app.

First Error
                "Error GetInterfacesList
                Response status codes does not indicate success: 401 ()."

Second Error:
                "This application requires Homeseer version 3.0.0.192 or later. Error: Response status code does not indicate success: 401 ().".....
                I have similar issues. I have a HomeTroller running both HS2 and HS3. My version of HS3: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96. The Z-Wave plugin version is 3.0.1.24. I have set HS2 to port 80 and HS3 to port 81, which enables me to access each remotely by including the port number. The Z-Tool+ does not have a setting to select a port, so it may be looking at HS2, instead of HS3.

Elliott
                "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Yes, it will also work in a crib and a playpen!
                  LOL. I meant the z-troller
                  The only system it sees is my RPI2 system. Both running same HS3 version but I am running a Razberry card in RPI2 for zwave
                  Cheers,
                  Bob
                  Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                    LOL. I meant the z-troller
                    The only system it sees is my RPI2 system. Both running same HS3 version but I am running a Razberry card in RPI2 for zwave
                    An update to Z-Tool+ will be released soon to fix systems with multiple interfaces.

Comment

Sadly, things are not looking too good for Windows Phone these days: http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspen...loud-strategy/

Fortunately, out Z-Tool+ doesn't require extra coding for the Windows Phone version.
                      Oh, please do not listen to Forbes here. We all know that that article is pure speculating. Windows Phone/Mobile has been doomed by various "journalists" since 2003.

Microsofts new strategy is "we are present anywhere", so iOS and Android is a natural move. However, at the moment, the apk is pretty lacking compared to Windows and Windows 10 Mobile, but I'm guessing that will change over time.

What YOU should be thinking is: How fast and how good can we make a HomeSeer/HStouch Universal app?!

If you haven't seen the signs already, the short version is this: Microsoft want you to use it's products and services everywhere! With Universal apps you can have a great app on Windows 10, Xbox One, Windows Mobile, Windows IoT and propably every other form of Windows that Microsoft will give us.

I think Microsoft have done something that is pure genious with Windows Phone in general, and Continuum is awesome: One device that can handle everything! And why shouldn't it also be able to handle my house? After all, it's not rocket science.

... and with Visual Studio 2015 it will even be easier to use the same code for all mobile OSes.

I think HomeSeer (or "HStouch 3+" ??) is way overdue for a Windows app.
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Microsoft certainly seems to be changing direction on Windows Phone: http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ff-smartphones

Nevertheless, we'll soldier on.

Comment

Microsoft certainly seems to be changing direction on Windows Phone: http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ff-smartphones
                          Yes. Hopefully a narrower band of phones can make the team focus on what matters, instead of the old Nokia-approach: "We'll flood the marked with phones".

Nevertheless, we'll soldier on.
                          Great! I'll keep checking the Windows Store(s) for HomeSeer products!

But seriously: I think Windows Mobile still can make it big IF Microsoft manages to "pull an Apple", and by that I mean make a (few) fantastic phones with awesome, new features. This may still happen. Microsofts ecosystem is too big not to have native phones (and if you read the letter mr. Nadella recently wrote to MS employees about the Nokia writeoff, you can see that he agrees).

However, if Windows Mobile fails now (within the next year or two), it might be too late, and Windows Mobile will join the ranks of e.g. Blackberry.

But I'm getting seriously off topic: I love that the Z-tool+ is available for Windows Phone. I'm looking forward to use it the next time I have to add a node to the network!

Comment

Looking forward to apple approving it so I can try it.

Comment

Getting 401 error, too

I, too, am getting the 401 response. I am running 3.0.0.194 with plugin 3.0.1.23. JSON is enabled (looks to be the default setting since I didn't explicitly check it). Web server is not bound to any IP address, on TCP 80. Is there something else I should be checking or doing? HS-specific logs to check? The app does see my server based on the host name and IP address at the top.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sbueffel View Post
                                Is there something else I should be checking or doing? HS-specific logs to check?
                                Scott
                                I just found the post about the three reasons the error may occur. I will check those. Sorry I missed that post when I posted this.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X