www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old April 16th, 2018, 01:46 AM
Seer Deluxe

IP Hackers

My system has seen an uptick in IP hack attempts by a Russian bot! Attempts coming from 91.243.80.59. It looks like they are targeting “admin”, “user”, “administrator”, “cisco” and other standard system logins. They then run a series of different pw combinations in rapid succession. I tightened my pw complexity and IP Hacking Lockout parameters in HS. You should too!
Old April 16th, 2018, 03:52 AM
OverSeer

This is fairly common, sadly.
HSPro 3.0.0.435, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!
Old April 16th, 2018, 06:40 AM
Super Seer

the last weeks it was really terrible...

but i let homeseer block the ip and transfer to my iptable's in my router to hard block them after 2 try's

they try port 80 and also ssh and other ports, i can see that on my router.

i got more than 50 ip's blocked in 2 weeks now

This dutch provider is terrible for portscans

HS3Pro 3.0.0.435 on windows 7 ultimate X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB. 687 Devices, 480Events
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by telewizard13 View Post
My system has seen an uptick in IP hack attempts by a Russian bot! Attempts coming from 91.243.80.59. It looks like they are targeting “admin”, “user”, “administrator”, “cisco” and other standard system logins. They then run a series of different pw combinations in rapid succession. I tightened my pw complexity and IP Hacking Lockout parameters in HS. You should too!
what is this?
I tightened my pw complexity and IP Hacking Lockout parameters in HS.

thanks
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:24 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomgru View Post
what is this?
I tightened my pw complexity and IP Hacking Lockout parameters in HS.
I assume pw complexity is length and character choice in passwords. IP hacking lockout parameters can be found under Tools/Setup/Network.

I have chosen to use MyHS for access to HS outside my LAN. I have seen no evidence of intrusion attempts in HS.
Attached Images

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10:
Compose, XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Old April 16th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Seer Master

Wow... never noticed those before... thanks. Don't see them in any help files, so will have to guess a bit on what they mean.

and more sadly... trying to see where in my router i'd see attempts to break into my network? Look at the logs, but it doesn't show anything that looks relevant.
Old April 16th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Seer Plus

I was regularly getting a bunch of these but once I changed the HS port from 80 to something well off the beaten path they stopped.