No announcement yet.

mcsTemperature HS2 Install Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsTemperature does not support the DS2409 which is typically used as a 1-wire hub switch. I am not aware of any direct HS plugins that suport this device, but it can be used with Homeseer via xapmcs1Wire which does support the DS2409. It is likely that all your sensors are connected through your hub and not visible directly to the DS9490D.

To use xapmcs1wire http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=101056 you need to setup an xAP environment using mcsXap plugin to make the interface into Homeseer. The environment includes an xAP hub which is also available in the same area of the message board as xapmcs1wire. xapmcs1wire is a .NET application so a different set of drivers for 1-wire will also be needed.

Comment

I did it already !

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      The mcsTemperature installer provides a text box input asking where you want to install it. Type in the C:\Program Files (x86)\HSPRO (or whereever your HS is) into that text box. It does not matter where the mcsTemperature installer is run from, only where you direct it to put the files.

I direct mcs installer to put the file where Homeseer.exe is...
      In the log file, HS says it cannot access the file named "hsci_mcstemperature.hsci"
      In the HSPRO folder, there is this file, but it's named "hsci_mcstemperature", there's no ".hsci". Is it of importance ?

I've renamed it with the ".hsci" : same result : HS cannot access the plug-in.

Is it a bug with HSPRO and/or with Windows 7 64 ?

Comment

Here is a view of my folder with HS and mcsTemperature. The plugin is an .exe file.
        Attached Files

Comment

same same

Here is a view of my folder with HS and mcsTemperature. The plugin is an .exe file.

I had already tried this one...
          My HSPRO is a trial for the moment. Is it the problem.?

Comment

The trial should made no difference. My HSPRO that I use for testing is installed under XP, I know others have HS with W7 and pretty certain there are x64 users as well. In your prior posting you used the terminology "hsci" rather than "hspi". I assume a typo.

Since HS put info in the log about hspi_mcsTemperature it means that it sees it. It seems like you have permission issue. When you install under Vista or W7 you need to install using administrator privledges. This is typically right click the setup file and select run as administrrator.

Comment

If I use the xAP approach, will I have any use for McsTemperature then? It would be nice to use McsTemperature since I spent money on it. Is there something I can replace the DS2409 hub with that is supported?

BR

Tomas

Comment

The 1-wire interface is only one of many capabilities of mcsTemperature. You still can record the data delivered by xapmcs1wire and make charts. You can use the triggers/actions and virtual thermostat capabilities.

Since you have the 1-wire hub it would be good to take advantage of it. The ones I'm familiar with provide multiple switched branches and one unswitched. The unswitched one may go another set of switches on another hub or you can run your sensors off this main branch and ignore the DS2409 branches. The switched branches are good to isolate each branch and makes for a more reliable and maintainable system.

Comment

The trial should made no difference. My HSPRO that I use for testing is installed under XP, I know others have HS with W7 and pretty certain there are x64 users as well. In your prior posting you used the terminology "hsci" rather than "hspi". I assume a typo.

Since HS put info in the log about hspi_mcsTemperature it means that it sees it. It seems like you have permission issue. When you install under Vista or W7 you need to install using administrator privledges. This is typically right click the setup file and select run as administrrator.

I've installed HSPRO under a admnistrator session.
                  I've run a repair with administrator priviledges.
                  Still don't work...

I have also this error in the log : "Unable to initialize HomeSeer 1.x compatibility interface: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4B3C1F4A-4B61-4897-B13F-5DF3D40C7954} failed due to the following error: 80040154". Is it possibly an explanation..?

At least, I'm going to re-install win7 and HSPRO from the beginning. My last try...

Comment

The message indicates that the core issue is with your Homeseer install because HS cannot see its own component that provides the conduit to all other ActiveX plugins.

Comment

mcsTemperature and W7 x64

Michael:

Do you know for sure if anyone has been able to install the 1-wire drivers pointed to at ftp://ftp.dalsemi.com/pub/auto_id/li...ivers_v400.msi. on a 64 bit version of Windows 7?

I have MS java loaded and W7 complained about an incompatibilty but it did load.

When I try to load the V400 1-wire drivers from the above link, W7 will not load it.

Bob

Comment

new problem

The message indicates that the core issue is with your Homeseer install because HS cannot see its own component that provides the conduit to all other ActiveX plugins.
                        Hello,

After a new installation of windows 7 and HSPRO, I don't have anymore the core issue with HS.
                        I've installed mcs, I see it in "Devices", I've enabled it.
                        I have now in the log file error :
                        "License file mcsTemperature. If does not exist, please reinstall the plugin"
                        "(1) Unable to initialize interfaces mcsTemperature :Either no license or trial has expired"

It's weird. It's the first install on this system, I should be in trial mode.
                        I'd like to buy mcsTemp after being sure I can configure it with my HSM100.

Thanks
                        Peter

Comment

The mcsTemperature setup file does not contain the license files. These come from the .zip file from the updater. If you install from the updater you will get the .lf file.

Comment

It's working

The mcsTemperature setup file does not contain the license files. These come from the .zip file from the updater. If you install from the updater you will get the .lf file.

Ok, I've got my graphs with HSM100.
                            Thanks for your help and your time

Peter

Comment

Forecast in France - Graph with the "24 hours" period

Hello,

I finally bought mcs and I'm happy with it.

I don't see how to get the forecast for european countries. I'm living in Lille, France.

I have a blank graph when the period is set to "24 hours". With all the other periods, my graph is ok...

Thanks
                              Peter
                              [IMG]file:///Users/PS/Desktop/Image%206.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/PS/Desktop/Image%206.png[/IMG]

Comment

A little help please...
                                Thanks

Peter

Comment

Working...
                                X