This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    What are you running HS3 on? If it is a zee/pi, it will not work as it does not have enough processing power to support ASPX web pages.

Other causes are running HS3 as a service running NSSM (which breaks Homeseer's ability to serve ASPX web pages).
    I am running HS3 on a dedicated PC, with a 4th Gen 2GHz Intel, I am just running normal HS3 software on Windows 10 so it should be fast enough. If the web address I put in is right, its probably the browser here at work. Its a stripped back and very restricted IE, a lot of websites and protocols are blocked so its causing a lot of problems.

I don't know if thats what Brientim meant, but if you could find a way to access the .ini from the plugin menu, that would make accessing and editing easier
    Last edited by mikee123; October 18, 2016, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I have set up a few things to try tonight like

Solar power for today is [devicevalue 73] kilowatts

I want to see if that reports like I want it to, for example it should say 3.2 kilowatts.

Is it possible to get the device status rather than device value ? I want Alexa to tell me if a device is on or off (or whatever other status I have defined rather than the value)

so I would change above to

The heating is set to [devicestatus 123]

which I would want to be said as 'the heating is off'

Comment

You would use [devicetext 123] which will read the current text shown on a virtual device.
        Jon

Comment

I am not sure about the difference between alexa response and speak if there is one, you might want to elaborate a little in the manual if there is a difference

Also little mistake in the manual:

CAPI=<device reference number,dim value>
          This enables you to send an optional CAPI command when there is a match. This can be used as an alternative to control lights. Using a dim value of 100 will turn the device/lamp on and 100 will turn it off.

should be 0 will turn it off

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
            I am not sure about the difference between alexa response and speak if there is one, you might want to elaborate a little in the manual if there is a difference
            I'm not sure I understand. The following text is underneath the speak command entry in the docs:

This setting enables you to send optional speech to Homeseer speaker clients when there is a match. Replacement variables are permitted in this entry.

Also little mistake in the manual:

CAPI=<device reference number,dim value>
            This enables you to send an optional CAPI command when there is a match. This can be used as an alternative to control lights. Using a dim value of 100 will turn the device/lamp on and 100 will turn it off.

should be 0 will turn it off
            That has now been corrected.
            Jon

Comment

That was me reading over the obvious. The first sends it to Alexa the second too Homeseer. Pretty clear. Need more caffeine I think... Multitasking - fail....

Comment

Beta Testers

I've now released the final beta 0.2 (same link) for testing.

Added:

Ability to parse Alexa for numerical text (i.e. "Set the volume to sixty five percent") and 65 (as an Integer) is passed to the script parameter if this setting is not defined in the ini file. Limited to -999 to 999

If no number is parsed, this is set to -9999

There is a new entry called SetDeviceValue which will update the device Value of a specified virtual device with the same numerical value parsed as above. This setting also has a optional range setting so only numbers within a certain range will update the device (safety feature).

There is a new entry called Delay which will allow you to delay the response back to Alexa. This may be required if you want to use numerical information to set something in Homeseer and want confirmation back that it actually has been set correctly.

Any problems, please now post here.

EDIT: I found a couple of bugs so we are now on 0.3 Beta.

I've also added another command SetCapiValue which works the same as SetDeviceValue but for control. There is also a new Replacement Variable tag [alexanumstring] which can be used to pass back the numerical string spoken. Useful for feedback.
                Last edited by jon00; October 18, 2016, 03:59 PM.
                Jon

Comment

I did quite a bit of testing yesterday, with Alexa returning temperature values, Power values, reading the status text of a device. All working beautifully. Whenever it didn't work it was down to Alexa not understanding the device name properly, which I then could see in the log what she actually understood. With that information I can now give some commands a alternative name, so I can say if alexa heras x or y do z... so that's really helpful. So all the flaws I found have nothing to do with the helper, all so far down to Alexa.
                  Really good addition to Alexa. I have installed the 0.2 update but haven't looked at the updated manual yet or implemented any of the new features yet. Hope I will have time for that tonight.

Just seen the 0.3 beta, so will update to that tonight
                  Last edited by mikee123; October 19, 2016, 03:27 AM.

Comment

I did quite a bit of testing yesterday, with Alexa returning temperature values, Power values, reading the status text of a device. All working beautifully. Whenever it didn't work it was down to Alexa not understanding the device name properly, which I then could see in the log what she actually understood. With that information I can now give some commands a alternative name, so I can say if alexa heras x or y do z... so that's really helpful. So all the flaws I found have nothing to do with the helper, all so far down to Alexa.
                    Really good addition to Alexa. I have installed the 0.2 update but haven't looked at the updated manual yet or implemented any of the new features yet. Hope I will have time for that tonight.

Just seen the 0.3 beta, so will update to that tonight
                    After some feedback from one of the beta testers, I've made a small change to the CAPI control and added a new devicevalue setting. We are now on 0.4 beta!
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      After some feedback from one of the beta testers, I've made a small change to the CAPI control and added a new devicevalue setting. We are now on 0.4 beta!
                      Great Jon. Can't wait to get home tonight and give it a try.

Comment

Hi Jon, unfortunately I'm to late to be a beta tester. But if you need some testers let me know. I'll be following this thread with great interest.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Comment

I think the few minor issues have been resolved so I will try and release this later today.
                          Jon

Comment

Awesome!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Comment

V1.0.0 is now available

I'm pleased to announce that V1.0.0 is now available from my site (click on my banner below).

Your constructive comments would be appreciated.

This has only been tested with the Homeseer skill or developers custom skill enabled as detailed by Crocy22 here. It has also only been tested under Windows however there is no reason why it should not work under Linux.

(Thanks to all the beta testers who took the time to try this out and provided feedback.)
                              Jon

Comment

I've installed this and it seems to be working great.

Apart from devicetime which I'm using in the AlexaResponse

AlexaResponse=The temperature in the office [devicetime 255] minutes ago was [Devicevalue 255] degrees centigrade

When devicetime is in the AlexaResponse it fails to work with the error below

Oct-20 20:32:18 TTS Speak (json:
                                Oct-20 20:32:18 Info Heard: the office temperature
                                Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Script processing time: 34 ms
                                Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Response sent to Alexa: ''
                                Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Successful trigger under [Trigger1]
                                Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Error in tags function: (Conversion from string "255]" to type 'Integer' is not valid.)
                                Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Integer Parsed: -9999
                                Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Alexa Number String:
                                Oct-20 20:32:18 Jon00_Alexa Alexa command heard: 'office temperature'

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Comment

Working...
                                X