This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
    The HomeSeer Technologies second option which can actually do more than what is being stated in their documentation. For example:
    Alexa tell homeseer to turn on the deck lights at 12:30 AM for four hours.

Alexa tell homeseer to turn on the deck lights next tuesday at four a.m. for four hours
    If that is what you are looking for then don't you need to NOT put the *? If you put * it returns whatever you spoke back to Alexa and doesn't pass it onto homeseers processing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Right... I think most of us are using the Homeseer Home Automation skill aka option #2
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        I've been surprised how popular this has become so have decided to write a configuration web page. Coming soon....
        Excellent Jon👍🏽
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I've been surprised how popular this has become so have decided to write a configuration web page. Coming soon....
          First of all; thanks for the Alexa helper!
          As usual you gave us a number of long awaited solutions for using Alexa on HS.

As being a windows programmer I immediately made a small program for working with the INI file, but a web version will be most welcomed.
          I see that most of my functionality also is covered in your design but maybe I can be so free to suggest the following:
          I found that a group function is nice as the number of commands increase.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fermate View Post
            First of all; thanks for the Alexa helper!
            As usual you gave us a number of long awaited solutions for using Alexa on HS.

As being a windows programmer I immediately made a small program for working with the INI file, but a web version will be most welcomed.
            I see that most of my functionality also is covered in your design but maybe I can be so free to suggest the following:
            I found that a group function is nice as the number of commands increase.
            It looks really good! You obviously have spent some time creating your program.

I don't intend to make any more changes to the web page config. Events are grouped within the drop-down and devices by Location1 & Location. Whilst it does not have the luxury of filtering per group, it is pretty easy to find what you want.

I'm happy to include your application in my download zip or provide a link in the docs if you want.
            Attached Files
            Jon

Comment

Just to be clear. Does this work with "Alexa please turn on the light" skill and "Alexa ask homeseer to turn on the light skill"? Thanks

Comment

This would only work under "Alexa ask homeseer to turn on the light skill". The first option would never get to this helper.

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                  Just to be clear. Does this work with "Alexa please turn on the light" skill and "Alexa ask homeseer to turn on the light skill"? Thanks
                  It only works with the "Alexa ask Homeseer........" skill.
                  Jon

Comment

I don't intend to make any more changes to the web page config. Events are grouped within the drop-down and devices by Location1 & Location. Whilst it does not have the luxury of filtering per group, it is pretty easy to find what you want.
                    Code:
                        Public Function GetIniSections(ByVal _iniFile As String) As String()
                            Dim r As Integer = 0
                            Dim buffer As String

buffer = Space(2500)
                            r = GetPrivateProfileSections(0, 0, 0, buffer, buffer.Length, _iniFile)
                            GetIniSections = Split(buffer, vbNullChar)
                        End Function
                    The app is in Beta and I will be happy to hand it over to you when released

Comment

The reason for the sequential Trigger entries is for speed. Whilst the script is multi-threaded, I did not want it checking for 'blank' entries. If you do need to disable one, you place a * at the beginning of the AlexaText entry.

I'm not using the Window API to read the INI file as it would not work in Linux. We are just waiting for Wade to update the Linux builds of HS3 to include the script hook.
                      Jon

Comment

Windows INI file editor

OK, I see.

Here is the beta version 0.4 of the editor.
                        It uses an old Flexgrid so the DLL for it is attached in the zip.

I hope its OK for you that I refer to you in the tittle of the program, and that I post it here in this tread.

If one are working on a separate computer the DLLs for accessing HS must be accessible: (In windows/system or in same folder as the exe)
                        HomeSeerAPI.dll
                        HSCF.dll
                        Scheduler.dll

I am interested in all kinds of feedback, particularly of problems in initial startup.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fermate View Post
                          OK, I see.

Here is the beta version 0.4 of the editor.
                          It uses an old Flexgrid so the DLL for it is attached in the zip.

I hope its OK for you that I refer to you in the tittle of the program, and that I post it here in this tread.

If one are working on a separate computer the DLLs for accessing HS must be accessible: (In windows/system or in same folder as the exe)
                          HomeSeerAPI.dll
                          HSCF.dll
                          Scheduler.dll

I am interested in all kinds of feedback, particularly of problems in initial startup.
                          I have no problem with either
                          Jon

Comment

I've updated my download to include the new web page configuration files. There are no changes to the main script.

If you already have this installed, just add the Jon00Alexa.aspx file to your html directory and Jon00AlexaASPX.vben file to your scripts directory. Finally call up Jon00Alexa.aspx in your Homeseer web server.

More info can be found in the updated docs.
                            Jon

Comment

Thanks again Jon. I did notice however a small problem.
                              In my ini file I have a response as:

AlexaResponse=Currently in Ottawa, it's [devicetext 106] with a temperature of [devicetext 701] degrees. There are [devicetext 118].

However, the editor shows Currently in Ottawa, it

Looks like the web page is getting truncated. Tried with both IE and Firefox

Robert

EDIT: Well not all entries are getting truncated. Not sure if there's some character in my ini file which is affecting this. I have some longer responses that display fine in the editor.

EDIT2: It's the apostrophe which is causing the problem. Leaving it out will display all the text.
                              Last edited by langenet; November 14, 2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Jon,

Is there a way to pass the text after "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to" as a script parameter?
                                I would like to further process the speech text in a script for certain things
                                Cheers,
                                Bob
                                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
                                X