No announcement yet.

Odd bevaiour after latest update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I have double checked and tested by disabling, then re-enabling. Still Forecast seems to win.
    Question: How often does mcsSprinkler update it's weather? I see UV updated yesterday but still hadn't updated during the night or today. Checkout UV in the attached image.

I have pretty much changed all weather source devices where possible to HS devices from other weather apps since the internal mcsSprinkler doesn't in my opinion, work properly in my setup. Having used mcsSprinkler PRO since 2011 on both HS2 and HS3 now since last April, this seems like a new phenomenon.

Robert
    Attached Files
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

There was a recent post where I showed the actual execution updates of both WU and WU Forecast. WU, and current conditions in general, is every minutes. Forecast is every 30 minutes. There are some active threads now where the WU weather download is not working for some, but same sites work when I evaluate here. Will keep trying to understand. Not much has changed in the past couple years on this part of mcsSprinklers. Some issues with English/Metric but not the data download itself. Over the years things have changed as in the early days there was no standard way to get internet data. Features with Windows itself and with Internet Explorer were used. For several years now with the adoption of .NET only one way has been used using the features built into .NET.

Comment

Well Michael, I then don't understand why in the general tab I see a UV rating of 3 with an update time stamp of 14:59 today. It's dark now and my feed is reporting 0.

From the General tab:
        3 (WU Fcst)
        @ Fri, 26 May 2017 14:46:00 -0400

Even though I don't have WU Fcst selected in the weather setup - just WU.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Took another look at this and see that temperature is reporting -9 and the UV hasn't updated since Friday.

Something is seriously broken here.

As well, what is (Hist) - I'm thinking history, but don't understand why history has any relevance.

Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Is the .ini file you posted earlier different from the setup you are reporting now? Hist is likely reported because the sensors to compute ET are not defined. I had a similar thread on this recently.

Comment

Yes, I've made some changes to the area setup and have added some external weather sources because there were problems I saw from using WU.
              Things like uv not updating for a week, temperature show -9 instead of 19 or more, Wind way off etc.
              I've attached the latest ini here.

EDIT: No other changes and I don't see (Hist) today...

Thanks,
              Robert
              Attached Files
              Last edited by langenet; May 31, 2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I can see normal behavior when I use your .ini file. I am wondering if the WU site reporting changes format based upon your IP/Location or regional settings make any difference. It seems your data being downloaded is either not actually being downloaded or the file is not in the expected format thus causing parsing errors. Looks at / post the \data\mcsSprinklers\downloadX.txt where X=1,2,3,4. Are file dates current? Does anything change after using Weather Setup Evaluate Download button? Does the data look reasonable?
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes... dates are current. See the attached weather report and the last two downloads attached.

Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

When I do the "Evaluate Download" I obtain data for all 4 of your stations. Download2.txt, download3.txt and download4.txt contain the WU data. You are showing that these are not downloading and returning data. Device updates are only made when data is returned.

In normal operation mcsSprinklers allows 60 seconds to do a download. The evaluate button allows much longer. The question that you need to answer is why the WU data is not being returned to your location. Since I can use your same stations with success there is something more local that is causing issue with these sites.

Comment

Thanks again... I didn't know that it worked that way. I've attached 2 and 3 for your review. 4 is empty. Aside from an off season update and recently some changes to the area water setting, I've left hands off and had no problems last season.

Robert
                      Attached Files

Comment

The observation times for these two files are Sat, 01 Apr 2017 14:07:45 and Sat, 01 Apr 2017 13:53:30 GMT
                        The 1.txt file is WU Forecast with observation time Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:06:00 -0400
                        This is consistent with only forecast showing on the Evaluate Download page.
                        If I look back at the debug on May 20 I see the following with similiar lines every minute the download is attempted. Something is not letting you get data from these URLs
                        Code:
                        20/05/2017 12:00:03 AM 636308352038600000 | mcsSprinklers Debug | GetWU No data returned for First WU Station
                        20/05/2017 12:01:01 AM 636308352617506250 | mcsSprinklers Debug | No internet data returned from WU site http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXCurrentObXML.asp?format=XML&ID=IONOTTAW25&day=20&year=2017&month=5&Cache=fmiI706
                        20/05/2017 12:01:01 AM 636308352617506250 | mcsSprinklers Debug | GetWU No data returned for First WU Station
                        20/05/2017 12:01:01 AM 636308352617506250 | mcsSprinklers Debug | No internet data returned from WU site http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXCurrentObXML.asp?format=XML&ID=IONTARIO493&day=20&year=2017&month=5&Cache=fmiI533

Comment

Thanks again Michael.
                          I can get the xml from those sites while at work here. I'll check when I get home and report back.

Weird...

Robert

Comment

So it looks like my server has been hit with a virus. Can you confirm when it last worked - are you saying April 1st?

The virus will not allow me to browse to all urls. I can't reach Microsoft or WU but can reach others. I never browse with this server so never noticed the problem until all this came up.

I ghost my system about once a month and do daily backups with Blbackup so instead of spending a great deal of time trying to clean it up and it being Win2k3, it would be easier to go back to the month it worked and re-stall/restore HS.

Thanks for your help

Robert

Comment

There's more to this story now...

I thought I was hit with a virus, so I restored an image I had from March which assuming the weather updates worked last on April 1st, I'd be good for sure. Still no go... then tried from January, November and June 2016. I couldn't get to Microsoft.com or wunderground.com. Totally baffled, I thought it was my router, so I replace it with my old router - still no go... I then contacted my ISP thinking it was something there. Then I took out my previous laptop which was running Windows XP. Same thing... while on the phone, I decided to tether off my phone to confirm it was network related using my WinXP laptop - still no go.. Then I tried with Firefox and bingo... it worked. So it appears that the headers are being used to determine the browser in use and cut off if it's IE 6 I figure. FF works without issue.
                              Since I determined this, I wonder how/what you use to fetch the wunderground URL? Though the interesting part is that I also use Jeff Farmer's WeatherXML which uses Wunderground...

Any help with this one? So totally confused

Robert
                              I know I need to update my rock solid Win2k3 server, but I'm not down with doing it in the summer and I still am not sure what to update to...

Are you using something related to IE for Wunderground.com? I don't care that I can't get to Microsoft.com since I never use the system for browsing...

Comment

Working...
                              X