• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group Condition - How To OR Conditions

I want to have a group condition with

If Window 1 is open
    OR Window 2 is open
    OR Window 3 is open

However, I am not able to create this. Each time I want to add a new condition it default to "And If". I then switch this to "Or If". When I do that, I get kicked back to a new "If" and all my previous "Or" conditions are converted to "And" conditions.

Here is what I am doing:
    * Create a new group (click on the green + under the menu "plug-ins"
    * In the newly created group click on the yellow arrow left to "Group Conditions"
    * It now shows "IF" "(Choose a Trigger or Condition)". For the latter I select "A Device's Value is..."
    * My next selection is for "(Choose Another)". Here I select "This device has a value equal to..."
    * Now I am prompted with "(Select A Device)". I select "Main Door".
    * Then I get "is" where I select "Zone opened"
    * !!! So now I end up with a line "IF "Main Door" has a value equal to "Zone opened"

Now I want to add another OR(!!) condition. So I click on the green + to the right of the line mentioned above.

Now I get a new line that says "AND IF The Time IS... (Choose Another)"

I don't want the "AND IF" but "OR IF". So I change "AND IF" to "OR IF". When I make that selection I don't get "OR IR" but "IF". That's strange. In any case, now I am changing "The Time Is..." to "A device's Value Is". Now suddenly my 'or if' goes to the top but still showing "The Time Is...". The previous condition now changes to "AND IF".

So even when I continue from here everything ends up as "AND IF" instead of "OR IF". How can I get "OR IF"??
    Attached Files

I don't use the Group Conditions

I have an event for open loop. Here is the screen shot.
    Attached Files

Comment

Group conditions either do not work properly (bug) or its the 'undocumented' feature that they do not support OR.

I gave up on condition groups and just put all conditions in the main events

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

OR IF works on my system

When you go to events and open the event in question, where the "AND IF" is, there is a drop down menu that should let you select "OR IF".

I'm on the latest HomeSeer HS3 Pro version and it works for me.

Comment

kennesaw10, that works for events but it doesn't work for me for group conditions. When I select "OR IF" then it will eventually end up as and "AND IF" as shown in the screenshots I provided. Maybe I misunderstand the group conditions but I would assume that if "OR IF" is provided as an option then it shouldn't suddenly disappear.

Comment

Group Condition - How To OR Conditions

Originally posted by mulu View Post
            kennesaw10, that works for events but it doesn't work for me for group conditions. When I select "OR IF" then it will eventually end up as and "AND IF" as shown in the screenshots I provided. Maybe I misunderstand the group conditions but I would assume that if "OR IF" is provided as an option then it shouldn't suddenly disappear.

Mulu,
            I have an event to accomplish something similar to what you are trying to do. What I suggest is to create a counter device under the "Tools" drop down menu and name it Windows Open, then create an event:
            If window 1 is open
            Or if window 2 is open
            Etc...
            Then Increment the Window counter

Create a second event:
            If window 1 is closed
            or if window 2 is closed
            Then decrement the window counter

Then you can use the Window counter device in any event you like....example...if the window counter device is greater than 1 then turn off HVAC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
              I think the reason is that 'OR IF's in HS are actually triggers, not conditions, so you can't have them in Group Conditions. The bug is that they show in the drop down, when in group conditions, and then disappear after you select them, they shouldn't appear in the first place.
              In events the first 'If' and subsequent 'Or If's are all triggers, the 'And If's are all conditions. It's confused further by the fact that in Group Conditions all the conditions display as 'If' when collapsed although when adding them the first is an 'If' and subsequent ones 'And If's, when selecting them from the dropdown. Clear as mud!

There is no facility for a true 'Or' for conditions in individual events or the group conditions.

People regularly ask for an 'Else' structure to HS events. The common answer is that there is no real place for an 'Else' to the 'If' in an event because the 'If' is a trigger. This misses the point. The 'Else' should be to do with the conditions not the trigger, i.e. the 'And If' in HS parlance. But I'm deviating.

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X