Cooper RFWC5AW - Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper RFWC5AW - Problems

I successfully added the node to my network, however, I am unable to generate any events when pressing any of the scene buttons.

I have attached a picture of my event as entered.

There was no difference if I asked the THEN to 'Run an Event'

Last Ran: Never - is always reported - as the event is never triggered.

Am I missing a step somewhere with this device
    Attached Files

Try this
    Gotta help my fellow canuks!

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137830

Comment

What do folks consider a reliable multi-button scene controller which integrates with HomeSeer? I'd like to swap out a few light switches, but not sure if Cooper is the preferred option or if there's something out there people like better.

Is there a multi-button scene controller brand/model that people like and which works reliably with HomeSeer?

Comment

My coopers are spotty and full of lag. Would not use them again. Work best with direct associations but poorly with events.

Comment

In general I find Cooper 5 button scene controllers to be a reliable device HOWEVER, they do have there issues. I've been trying to figure something out for a while now, I'll be creating a post it this soon once I do a little more testing.

------------- Little Rant / Suggestion -----------

I wish HS would either design their own multi-button scene controller or at the very least see if they could figure out a way to put their own firmware on the Coopers by either OEMing it or just flat out just figure a way to reload it.

If they did their own I would like to see a device that had at least 5 buttons plus the off button, or better yet 8 buttons with 2 rows of 4. Two rows of 4 is I think better as it could be setup to work as 4 remote controls to existing HS switches.

Each button should have multi-click just as the HS dimmers scene controllers do now or programmed as a simple On/Off toggle. And each button should have an RGB LED and the LED should be able to be independently controlled same as the dimmers or show the On/Off status if it's a toggle.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
          Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
          3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
          4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
          3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
          SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
          X