deCONZ Hue Motion Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deCONZ Hue Motion Sensor

The plugin works great with the Hue Motion sensor!

One problem I found this morning while messing with deCONZ. If the deCONZ server is stopped and the devices go into "unavailable" then I found the motion sensor doesn't automatically refresh and come back when deCONZ is started again. The Bulbs were discovered and came back perfectly though. I didn't have any messages in logs either.

A quick PI restart and everything was happy again.

HS3 Device Naming

The Hue motion sensor child devices except Battery are all named "motion"...when created.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
      The Hue motion sensor child devices except Battery are all named "motion"...when created.

John, don't you have the hue bridge? If so what I did was to bring it into the app so it is in the hue bridge. Shut off any references in the app that the motion sensor may try to control like lights. It is under the little i symbol when you click on the sensor to turn all that off. After you turn off any reference to the motion sensor it should read 'not configured' when you view it in the app under accessories. Then tell jowihue plugin to search for devices through the hue bridge. Assuming you have the hue bridge in the jowihue plugin of course.
      Last edited by cowinger; June 17, 2018, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
        John, don't you have the hue bridge? If so what I did was to bring it into the app so it is in the hue bridge. Shut off any references in the app that the motion sensor may try to control like lights. It is under the little i symbol when you click on the sensor to turn all that off. After you turn off any reference to the motion sensor it should read 'not configured' when you view it in the app under accessories. Then tell jowihue plugin to search for devices through the hue bridge. Assuming you have the hue bridge in the jowihue plugin of course.
        Yeah I have a hue bridge. I'm testing things without the hue bridge. I stole all of my existing hue lights from the bridge yesterday and put them in deconz too

Comment

Yeah I have a hue bridge. I'm testing things without the hue bridge. I stole all of my existing hue lights from the bridge yesterday and put them in deconz too
          Yeah I tried that a while back also. I only do it through the bridge because of firmware updates. If they ever show up. In the UI I just renamed everything to what they actual do.

Comment

Jeubanks

By the looks of it you have renamed the motion sensor in either Phoscon or the deCONZ interface. Otherwise the devices would have been name "presence x" , "temperature x", etc. where x is the sensor id. If you rename them, this sequence thing is gone indeed.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
            X