Vista Alarm Plug-in Version 1.0.3

Fixes
    - Low Bat status for zone devices
    - Message Trigger

New Features
    - None

Please reply to this message with issues and bugs

Installation Instructions:
    You may install this new version over any existing version. The old version will be uninstalled.

Note for Vista users: I have attempted to make this install package compatible with Vista, but haven't tested it. If you receive an error installing this package, use the following command from a cmd window to install the package; you will need to be in the directory where the msi file exists to run this.

msiexec /i HomeSeerPluginVistaAlarm_1_0_3_0.msi
    Attached Files
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Mark,

I downloaded and installed 1.0.3 this morning.

I still have a problem with the message trigger..

I tried setting one up on "****Disarmed Ready to arm**** and it did not trigger.

I tried to set one up on "Fault 04".. and it did not trigger..

I know that the "Fault 04" worked in 1.0.2..... so i tried installing 1.0.2 over 1.0.3 .. to verify.... and it wouldn't let me..

I'm probably doing something wrong... but i'm off to work now.. i'll try again after work tonight.

thanks
    Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post
      Mark,

I downloaded and installed 1.0.3 this morning.

I still have a problem with the message trigger..

I tried setting one up on "****Disarmed Ready to arm**** and it did not trigger.

I tried to set one up on "Fault 04".. and it did not trigger..

I know that the "Fault 04" worked in 1.0.2..... so i tried installing 1.0.2 over 1.0.3 .. to verify.... and it wouldn't let me..

I'm probably doing something wrong... but i'm off to work now.. i'll try again after work tonight.

thanks
      No quotes or extra spaces are required. As you did before, you should be able to copy and paste directly from the hs log into the trigger setup.

just so i am not going crazy, does hs recognize the plugin as v1.0.3

To rollback to 1.0.2, you will have to uninstall 1.0.3 from the control panel
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Update...

Fault 12
        and
        Fault 04

Do indeed work.. (It triggers when the Message "BECOMES".. which is what it should.. i was initially testing with the plugin showing repeated messages..... and i saw the messages in the log... but these were repeats... So all is well with the Fault xx triggers.)

I still can't get ****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm to work...

Verified 1.0.3 on Setup/Interfaces tab..

No rush.. It could very well be user error... but i'm in a bit of a rush to get out this morning... i'll try again tonight....
        Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Mark,

I did some testing from here at work..

The following Message Triggers DO work:
          ARMED ***AWAY***** ALL SECURE **
          FAULT 04
          FAULT 12
          ARMED ***STAY***

The following Message triggers do not work
          ARMED ***STAY***May Exit Now 40
          ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 15
          ****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm

I Have not checked the following message trigger.. i will tonight
          DISARM SYSTEM or alarm occurs

(this is the one that i want... but i'm not home to test)

If the "Disarm System or Alarm occurs" works tonight.. then i am fine.. i do not need the three that do not work... (put in only for testing..)..

But i thought maybe this information would help debug a bit if you want it.

I'll let you know tonight/tomorrow how the "Disarm System or Alarm Occurs" works.. (actually .. i should be able to tell this afternoon when my son comes home from school... but i may not have time to check until later.)

Thanks again for working with me on this.

Edit > Is there perhaps a "hidden" <CR> (carriage return) in the ones that aren't working?... i don't have a two line panel.. but the messages look like they might be "Two Line" messages...
          Just a thought.
          Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Edit > Is there perhaps a "hidden" <CR> (carriage return) in the ones that aren't working?... i don't have a two line panel.. but the messages look like they might be "Two Line" messages...
            Just a thought.
            Andrew,

If there was a hidden <CR> it would show in your hs log. if anything there are still hidden spaces at the end of the msg that's aren't getting trimmed (for some reason)

i may have to send you a special build that converts spaces to '+' so we can see if trailing spaces still exist. i did this during my testing and was confident that i got rid of the trailing spaces from my various msgs, oh well.

Please create 4 versions of the event that use the msg trigger:
            1. with the alarm message you want (no extra spaces)
            2. with the alarm message you want plus 1 trailing space
            3. with the alarm message you want plus 2 trailing spaces
            4. with the alarm message you want plus 3 trailing spaces

lets see if any one of them fires.

the other thought i had is for you to send me a few lines from hyperterminal of the entire msg received from the ad2usb. this will show the quoted msgs in their raw form.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

O.k....

Here is what i did..

I set up 5 events..

1 triggers off of ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 54 (no spaces)
              1 triggers off of ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 54 (one trailing space)
              1 triggers off of ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 54 (two trailing spaces)
              1 triggers off of ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 54 (three trailing spaces)
              and
              1 triggers off of ARMED ***AWAY***** ALL SECURE ** (no trailing spaces)

I then disarmed system.. and Armed Away

The following is the log
              (I snipped 40 seconds of countdown

7/2/2009 11:51:12 AM Vista Alarm ****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm
              7/2/2009 11:51:16 AM Vista Alarm ****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm
              7/2/2009 11:51:26 AM Vista Alarm ****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm
              7/2/2009 11:51:29 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 60
              7/2/2009 11:51:30 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 59
              7/2/2009 11:51:31 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 58
              7/2/2009 11:51:32 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 57
              7/2/2009 11:51:33 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 56
              7/2/2009 11:51:34 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 55
              7/2/2009 11:51:35 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 54
              7/2/2009 11:51:36 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 53
              7/2/2009 11:51:37 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 52
              7/2/2009 11:51:38 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 51
              (Snip) Countdown - ARB
              7/2/2009 11:52:25 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 03
              7/2/2009 11:52:26 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 02
              7/2/2009 11:52:27 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 01
              7/2/2009 11:52:28 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 00
              7/2/2009 11:52:29 AM Vista Alarm ARMED ***AWAY***** ALL SECURE **
              7/2/2009 11:52:29 AM Event Event Trigger "Log Test Message that works (no Spaces)"
              7/2/2009 11:52:29 AM TTS Speak ():test
              I copied the "One Space event" to make each of the other 4 events.. just changed the trigger.

One of them works.. but the other 4 do not.

When i get home tonight..
              I'll shut down homeseer...
              Use Hyperterm to connect
              Arm Away
              Copy the Hyperterm output to a file.. then post it here...
              Restart homeseer.

I'm confident we'll figure it out.. and the plugin is worth it even without ability to trigger on message.. .. But i have a love/hate relationship with Puzzles (things that should work..)

Thanks for working with me.
              Attached Files
              Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

so the ARMED ***AWAY***** ALL SECURE ** message triggered. that's good!

my panel doesn't use the count down msgs so this should be fun to diagnose.

regarding running hyper terminal, you don't need to shutdown hs. Just turn off the alarm monitor device 99 (this closes the com port)

then run hyper terminal...then close hyperterminal when finished

then just turn on the alarm monitor device 99 (this open the com port and restarts the plugin)
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Loading Ver 1.0.3 in Vista

I am new at message boards, Homeseer, and Home Security systems, so first I would like to thank you for your help with my plugin installation problems. I upgraded to Ver. 1.0.3 in Vista. It does not work just clicking the icon, and it did not run when I followed the cmd instructions. First you have to right click the CMD icon and select run as Administrator. Then it ran and worked fine. Again thanks for your help. Fretwire

Comment

Originally posted by Fretwire View Post
                    I am new at message boards, Homeseer, and Home Security systems, so first I would like to thank you for your help with my plugin installation problems. I upgraded to Ver. 1.0.3 in Vista. It does not work just clicking the icon, and it did not run when I followed the cmd instructions. First you have to right click the CMD icon and select run as Administrator. Then it ran and worked fine. Again thanks for your help. Fretwire
                    thanks for trying the new version. initially, did you get the same error code 2869?

so if it understand it, the working vista installation procedure is

1. right click a CMD icon and select run as Administrator
                    2. >msiexec /i HomeSeerPluginVistaAlarm_1_0_3_0.msi
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      regarding running hyper terminal, you don't need to shutdown hs. Just turn off the alarm monitor device 99 (this closes the com port)

then run hyper terminal...then close hyperterminal when finished

then just turn on the alarm monitor device 99 (this open the com port and restarts the plugin)
                      Thanks.. that was easier than shutdown/restart

I've attached the capture file from Hyperterminal..

I armed away.. waited for countdown.. faulted a zone.. then disarmed..

On first glance.. it looks like my triggers should be working...

Thank you for the help.
                      Attached Files
                      Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Mark,

I think i found it...

I don't know how to fix it.. but i figured it out i think

In HS log.. the message is
                        (Spaces replaced with %(Percent) sign)

ARMED%***AWAY***May%Exit%Now%54

but the message from the panel via Hyper term is

ARMED%***AWAY***May%Exit%Now%%54

Note... the plugin appears to be stripping duplicate spaces inside the string before it posts it to the log..

But the plugin seems to be comparing the raw value to do triggers...

Similar with the
                        DISARM%SYSTEM%%%or%alarm%occurs% << from hyperterm

DISARM%SYSTEM%or%alarm%occurs << homeseer log

I tested by putting the raw data (with extra spaces) into the trigger... and things trigger as expected.

Short term.. i can do that... but i'm not sure what the long term solution is... (or if there needs to be one.)

Hope this helps.
                        Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Mark,

I think i found it...

I don't know how to fix it.. but i figured it out i think

In HS log.. the message is
                          (Spaces replaced with %(Percent) sign)

ARMED%***AWAY***May%Exit%Now%54

but the message from the panel via Hyper term is

ARMED%***AWAY***May%Exit%Now%%54

Note... the plugin appears to be stripping duplicate spaces inside the string before it posts it to the log..

But the plugin seems to be comparing the raw value to do triggers...

Similar with the
                          DISARM%SYSTEM%%%or%alarm%occurs% << from hyperterm

DISARM%SYSTEM%or%alarm%occurs << homeseer log

I tested by putting the raw data (with extra spaces) into the trigger... and things trigger as expected.

Short term.. i can do that... but i'm not sure what the long term solution is... (or if there needs to be one.)

Hope this helps.
                          two spaces; that is what i was going to suggest. glad we figured it out.

The problem is the hs log is html based which can not display two spaces in a row in text without using the nbsp character.

Thats why when you add the 2 spaces in your trigger string it works; because i not removing the extra internal spaces and thus you get a match and your trigger works.

But maybe what i need to do is to reduce multiple spaces down to 1 so the trigger strings and hs log strings match
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

My interface finally arrived. I will connect it asap. Would be nice if somebody could post a quick tutorial on how to create the devices, sample triggers and conditions so we can get up to speed quickly. I'm not an expert yet with HS & the HS log so any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Raven_ View Post
                              My interface finally arrived. I will connect it asap. Would be nice if somebody could post a quick tutorial on how to create the devices, sample triggers and conditions so we can get up to speed quickly. I'm not an expert yet with HS & the HS log so any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Raven,
                              Once you get your ad2usb online and verified with hyperterminal, the hs stuff is easy.

see the following thread for getting the plug-in online and operational

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136096

After that you should be able to access the plug-in Help page which will explain where to go to create zones, etc.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X