No announcement yet.

Can't upgrade from 3.1.1.0 to 3.1.2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the player turned on when you run the event? Also I do not believe you need the second action. Now that I am back from my travel, will look into it in more depth.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
      Is the player turned on when you run the event? Also I do not believe you need the second action. Now that I am back from my travel, will look into it in more depth.
      Yeah, I didn't think I needed the second action, but it didn't work properly pre 3.1.2 without it.

... and yes, the player is turned on. The volume is set properly.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I did rerun my test event examples to play a play a playlist from My Music and worked fine. See attached screenshot for one of the configuration I tested. I checked other test cases where the playlist contains entries from Pandora or Spotify and all worked fine.

1) Is the playlist file extension you attempt to play .m3u or something else?
        2) Is the playlist file stored in the directory specified in the LMS "Playlists Folder" configuration (Server Settings > Basic Settings)?
        3) I assume you selected at least one player in the Player Select Options; double check just in case. Actually once you opened the "Select Options", click uncheck all and then select a single player.
        4) Could you enable Debug mode in the plugin, run the event and post or email me the resulting log?

Thanks
        Attached Files
        Last edited by pcp; June 2, 2014, 08:49 PM.

Comment

It's a playlist I created from Squeezebox, don't know the extension or where it's stored.

Let me say that I have no problem navigating to the playlist when Adding an action. I select "My music" and then I'm able to select "Noise".

(While we're at it, I can't select playlists from Wimp, haven't tried Spotify).

And yes, I've selected a player.
          I'll grab you a debug log tomorrow.

And notice that this worked fine before 3.1.2.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Not all media libraries support playlists; My Music, Dynamic Playlists, Favorites, Pandora, Spotify do for example ; the plug-in needs to add explicit support for it (i.e. bridge the HS3 media API to the media source functionality).

Between 3.1.2 and prior version only the player selection & tracking changed, not the way to play playlists. So must be related to player selection & tracking in the event, but haven't been able to pinpoint what would cause this. Does the same occur when you create a new event or only for an existing from prior to 3.1.2?

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              It's a playlist I created from Squeezebox, don't know the extension or where it's stored.

Let me say that I have no problem navigating to the playlist when Adding an action. I select "My music" and then I'm able to select "Noise".

(While we're at it, I can't select playlists from Wimp, haven't tried Spotify).

And yes, I've selected a player.
              I'll grab you a debug log tomorrow.

And notice that this worked fine before 3.1.2.
              Did you have a chance to grab a log file? Thank you.

Comment

I just did. I created a brand new event, and added the play playlist option. Enabled debugging, and ran the event.

Check log attached (oldest at the bottom). The player in question is named "SB - Kjeller" (as in "the squeezebox in the basement" ).
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. Per a quick look at the log the event was triggered twice: one at bottom and once at 20:18:05 and that time it sent the log contains the trace of the command sent to LMS (PlayerSendCLICommand) and later player updates mention that Noise is the current playlist. Was it playing? What was th e LMS web page displaying what that player is Now playing (and current playlist at the bottom of the screen)? I will need to further look at the different LMS commands and status...

Comment

I was experiencing the same issue with playlists creating a nothing playlist. That said while troubleshooting I do appear to have found a work around.

For me if I set the Library to "My Music" and the select the playlist it will create a nothing playlist. If however I change the library to Favorites then select the playlist from there, then it works perfectly fine and the playlist loads/plays.

For me playlist is m3u format created via LMS and in the LMS specified directory. Issue occurs on both existing events created prior to upgrading to 3.1.2.0 as well as after.

Logs attached with working/non working scenarios
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                      Thank you. Per a quick look at the log the event was triggered twice: one at bottom and once at 20:18:05 and that time it sent the log contains the trace of the command sent to LMS (PlayerSendCLICommand) and later player updates mention that Noise is the current playlist. Was it playing? What was th e LMS web page displaying what that player is Now playing (and current playlist at the bottom of the screen)? I will need to further look at the different LMS commands and status...
                      Nothing got played, and the current playlist actually got cleared.

Come to think of it, perhaps it never worked earlier, but the playlist didn't get cleared. That's why I "needed" the second "Play" Action... ?

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
                        For me if I set the Library to "My Music" and the select the playlist it will create a nothing playlist. If however I change the library to Favorites then select the playlist from there, then it works perfectly fine and the playlist loads/plays.
                        Yes, that works for me too!

Comment

The LMS commands for favorites vs playlists is different. Way back I used a different LMS command for playlists and switched to a different LMS command since.Just curious which LMS Version are you using?

Comment

Version 7.7.3 here

Comment

7.8.0 (1392818344) here.

I wanted Wimp Hifi support...

Comment

I made a few changes how playlists are played from My Music in the attached version, changed the graphics pairs for the Alarm devices (devices need to be recreated to take effect) and the sleep action. Known issue is related jqListBox (displays beyond the table cell area, some behavior change compared to prior versions)... need to look at these issues and have not done extensive testing but would be great if you could check if the playlist actions (for My Music) are working better (keep your current hspi_squeezebox.exe to be able to revert). Thank you.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X