Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing a player

Hi Philippe,

I need to replace one of my existing players with a new one. Is there a way I could replace it in the plugin so that all of my existing events, etc. continue to work with it? Can I shut-down the plugin and simply replace the ID value in the INI file with the mac address of the new player and then restart?

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Well haven't tried but should work. Make a backup first!

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
      Well haven't tried but should work. Make a backup first!
      Thanks, will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Hi Philippe,

I tried it, but the plugin created all new devices for Player 2 (the player that I replaced). Looks like the plugin internally keeps track of them based on mac address.

Thanks
        Al

Comment

Were you able to reassign the devices from one payer to the other? I the player you reassigned to (i.e. The old mac) is still connected, lms will tell it to the plugin which will then keep it in its list (but devices are only created when you check the checkbox on the status page). I can play with this over the weekend.

Comment

Hi Philippe,

The old one was disconnected prior to installing the new one. It has the same name and LMS only showed the new one. I stopped the plugin, edited player 2 in the ini file with the new mac address and restarted the plugin. The plugin built all new devices for it, so I ended up manually switching all of the events over to those devices and deleting the old ones. I think I got them all .

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Working...
            X