New way for whole house audio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New way for whole house audio?

What about this for whole house audio? Buy a PCI FM transmitter for the homeseer server. That will pump all voices and music to a pre-set FM channel. In each room have a wall mounted Slim stereo hooked to in-wall speakers all tuned to the same FM channel. Each FM Stereo is hooked to an X-10 Appliance module so you can control which room gets the audio depending on different criteria. Can anyone see any draw backs to this? Any thoughts?

Pete

Do you have a source for a PCI FM transmitter. What is its broadcast range?

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I believe several users are using this approach. Doing a search for FM transmitter on this board should turn up a few threads. Quite possible you might be able to gather some pros/cons from them. Hope this helps.

JustOneMore
      http://www.justonemore.us
      FreeWorldDialup desktop# 25831, PPC# 26420

Comment

Here is the source for the trasmitter.

source

Comment

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/pr...rans#Pci%20max

-Rupp
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

unless you are able to isolate the FM transmissions to just your house, I would not consider this solution since anyone in your neighborhood will be able to pick up what's going on in your house. Chances of the frequency being found are rather large when people are scanning their radio stations.

HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
            (aka xplosiv)
            Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

For me having my neighbor picking up the FM transmission would not be a big deal, I would really only use it to pump MP3's to different rooms in my house. And as it would only be active at odd times during the day, I would feel ok about using it. Even if I had it play back voice messages and stuff I dont think I would care to much, but I would also try to isolate it so the signal did not extend out of the house.

Pete

Comment

Working...
              X