Leviton VRS15-1LX switches not being discovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leviton VRS15-1LX switches not being discovered

I enabled voice command for all my devices of types z-wave binay switch and z-wave multilevel switch and ran discovery. None of the Leviton on/off switches were discovered. It picked up the Leviton dimmers I have , and the one aeon labs on/off plug module, but not a single one of the switches.

In addition to the VRS15-1LX switches, I also have one of the leviton four button scene controllers that includes one load. The on/off child device for that load was also not picked up.

I found the answer to my own question in post today from a different thread. It's the "control use" setting on the "status graphics" page of the device setup. It is set correctly on the dimmers, but "not specified" for the switches.

Since this appears to be a known issue, is there going to be a HS3 patch soon that sets control use correctly for devices where it is currently missing? Or should I go ahead and manually set on and off for every switch? I have a lot of them so I'd rather wait if there's a new beta expected soon.

Comment

That may not even be possible, depending on the information available from the device.

I'm guessing it's set when the data is found, but may not be in all cases.

I am certain that any devices that are already part of your system will not be edited to update the control use.

For those that you already have, you'll need to update them individually.
      Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Looking over the scripting docs it looks like it should be possible to write a script to fix the devices. I can loop through devices, loop through their status pairs, and for any pair where control use is not specified but the status is called "on" or "off" to then use the changePair() API to update with pair with that has everything the same plus control use set.

Sgt. as someone who is likely far more familiar with the ins and outs of the HS3 api then I am, is there a flaw in this plan?

If I can work such a script out I'll post it so others with the same problem can do a one time fix for all their affected devices.

Comment

From my view, I think that is a good solution for the issue.
          Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Working...
          X