Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Launch HomeSeer Events with Aeon Keyfob & Panic Button!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Launch HomeSeer Events with Aeon Keyfob & Panic Button!

Finally! The Aeon Labs Keyfob and Panic button can now activate scenes... which means you can launch HomeSeer events with them. Here's a quick little video showing them in action:

Note: This ONLY works with the newest version of these devices and with HS3 Z-Wave plug-in 3.0.1.41 or higher. HomeSeer will be carrying the new version in our store very soon.
    Last edited by macromark; October 26, 2015, 08:28 AM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Nice, count me in when available
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Finally! The 500 series Aeon Labs Keyfob and Panic button can now activate scenes...
      Note: This ONLY works with the newest version of these devices..
      Mark,

When you say 500 series do you mean Gen5? I have 2 of them but I don't see a series mentioned anywhere just Gen5. After many tries I finally got the KeyFob included into my network but I don't get the same features as you show in the video. If I go into my root class on the Status Graphics tab it shows my a battery status, not the individual buttons as you showed. If I look at the Node information on the ZWave tab I see this below. Any idea's how to get the buttons to show up instead of the battery? Is there some other requirement?

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gunneyk View Post
        Mark,

When you say 500 series do you mean Gen5? I have 2 of them but I don't see a series mentioned anywhere just Gen5. After many tries I finally got the KeyFob included into my network but I don't get the same features as you show in the video. If I go into my root class on the Status Graphics tab it shows my a battery status, not the individual buttons as you showed. If I look at the Node information on the ZWave tab I see this below. Any idea's how to get the buttons to show up instead of the battery? Is there some other requirement?

Thanks
        You have the right hardware now you just need the right z-wave plugin. Look for version 41 in the beta plugins section

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

You have the right hardware now you just need the right z-wave plugin. Look for version 41 in the beta plugins section
          If this feature requires the Beta ZWave plug-in you may want to mention that in the original post of the Video.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunneyk View Post
            If this feature requires the Beta ZWave plug-in you may want to mention that in the original post of the Video.
            done. Did you try it?

Comment

done. Did you try it?
              I did load the Beta and then removed and re-added the KeyFob and I now see the buttons in addition to the battery. However the operation of the KeyFob is spotty at best. It will report some button presses or hold downs on rare occasions but most of the time it doesn't detect or report them. Due to some other pressing engagements I won't have time to troubleshoot for a while.

However I do have another artifact from my original tries to add the device with the non-beta ZWave plugin and that is an orphaned node as shown below. Any idea's how to get rid of that? I am not sure if that is causing my current issues with the KeyFOB or not.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok i got the aeon panic button and included it, I can see the root button , but when I goto events and try to make an event to turn it off once it goes on , i select manual control and control a device but the device isnt listed there? i can see it in device manager but not under the devices when making an event
                detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

How can the panic button be configured to trigger on the scene ID2 ( the one that is triggered when you hold the button down for 3 seconds ) and not the simple press?
                  detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
                    How can the panic button be configured to trigger on the scene ID2 ( the one that is triggered when you hold the button down for 3 seconds ) and not the simple press?
                    I believe Mark explains it in the video. The status changes to Button Held instead of Button On.

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Love this, just did this with my mini mote.

one thing that would be cool is if when you add one of these devices that it would create the events for you for each button.

yes i can do this myself but its very time consuming.

i feel this would reduce the barrier of entry to some of the cooler stuff HS3 can do.
                      HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                      53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                      https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Finally got to work, after some wrestling!

It would have been great if in the video, you'd mentioned that it required the beta HS3 Z-Wave plug-in 3.0.1.41 or higher... I spent nearly an hour trying to get the same results shown in the video, until I finally came here.

But, you might be glad to know that the keyfob WILL work with a Sigma Designs UZB v3.95 (ZDK 6.51.2) controller.

I have yet to play with event triggers, but at least the setup works with a HS3 on PC and controller other than the Zee.

Comment

I, like many others tried with the wrong plugin. I upgraded to 3.0.1.54 yesterday and still cannot get the panic button to add correctly.

Dec-29 11:44:52 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Josh Office Josh Office Dimmer Switch Set to Dim 40%
                          Dec-29 11:44:35 AM Z-Wave Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.
                          Dec-29 11:44:35 AM Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 23, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
                          Dec-29 11:44:35 AM Z-Wave Getting class information for node 23...
                          Dec-29 11:44:35 AM Z-Wave Cannot reach node 1, will not import any information about this node.
                          Dec-29 11:44:27 AM Z-Wave Checking if we can reach node 1
                          Dec-29 11:44:27 AM Z-Wave Getting class information for node 1...
                          Dec-29 11:44:27 AM Z-Wave Device synchronization needs to get Z-Wave class information for one node.
                          Dec-29 11:44:27 AM Z-Wave Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
                          Dec-29 11:44:27 AM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
                          Dec-29 11:44:27 AM Z-Wave Found 19 Z-Wave nodes
                          Dec-29 11:44:27 AM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network 018511F8...

Comment

This is one of the devices I bought to test HS3 Zwave functionality.
                            Using 3.0.1.55 beta
                            It will only create the "Root" and "Battery" devices

Shouldn't there be more devices created?

OK ill watch the video again.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                              This is one of the devices I bought to test HS3 Zwave functionality.
                              Using 3.0.1.55 beta
                              It will only create the "Root" and "Battery" devices

Shouldn't there be more devices created?

OK ill watch the video again.

My Root device status light does not change when holding buttons down or momentary as shown in the video. Events created do not trigger.

Curiously, the video mentions how the Fob's light will continue to flash after the inclusion and to then press both Mode and Learn buttons momentarily to complete. My light does not flash, but instead is on solid after it is added.

I've reset the HS Smartstick+, reset the keyfob, reinstalled Homeseer from scratch, all to no avail. Is this a bad keyfob?

Comment

Working...
                              X