Confirmation .wav is not playing via Speaker Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation .wav is not playing via Speaker Client

I'm relatively new to Homeseer and to the Kinect Plugin (latest version), which I am evaluating, but for the most part I am able to get it to recognize voice commands on my Windows 7 PC and in turn trigger events.

What I'm having problems with is getting the confirmation .wav file to play. In the plugin configuration under Voice Recognition, it will not play the included file regardless of whether I include a speaker client (the default local client) or leave it blank.

I know the speaker client is functioning and location of the .wav file is good because if I trigger an event using voice recognition on the Kinect and include the file as a "speak something" type in the action of the event using the local file location and the local speaker client, it plays just fine.

I assumed the purpose of the configuration setting was to prevent you from having to add this action to every event.

Am I wrong as far as my expectation is concerned? The trace log shows that the event is triggered, but makes no mention of the configured wav file or speaker client.

Any help is appreciated.

the confirmation .wav file is only for device commands (see "Device voice commands" section in this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...58#post1082258).

for events, you have to actually add a "Speak something" or a "Play audio file" action to the event to play the audio file.

sorry that that this not documented anywhere, I will add it to the user guide.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      the confirmation .wav file is only for device commands (see "Device voice commands" section in this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...58#post1082258).

for events, you have to actually add a "Speak something" or a "Play audio file" action to the event to play the audio file.

sorry that that this not documented anywhere, I will add it to the user guide.
      No worries. At least now I know why it wasn't working. I'll look more into the device voice commands to see if these are a better option for what I ultimately want to achieve.

Thanks for the quick reply, the plugin looks promising!

Comment

How do you specify where is the wav file ?
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
          How do you specify where is the wav file ?
          it's at the bottom on the Voice Recognition tab in the config page, see screenshot in this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...24#post1203924

Comment

Thank you spud
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
            X