Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f5map View Post
    Hi DCORSUS,

Many thanks for this plug, works fine on my Samsung 3D, too bad the WOL does not work. Bad design from Samsung.
    I tested a some of these command, and work fine, great.
    Many thanks.[
    Joe
    My pleasure Joe, appreciate the feedback!
    What type of Samsung TV do you have?
    Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,
      the type is a Samsung TV UE40C7700 3D. I sent some mails to Samsung to resolve that problem of power on the network, but does not seem to care.
      Joe

Comment

Originally posted by f5map View Post
        Hi Dirk,
        the type is a Samsung TV UE40C7700 3D. I sent some mails to Samsung to resolve that problem of power on the network, but does not seem to care.
        Joe
        Hi Joe, indeed good luck with convincing Samsung to add WOL. On the SamyGo.tv forum, there are people who rooted their TV and added this function themselves, not planning on bricking my 3K$ TV.

The DLNA Manager plugin now also carries the TV remote functions for Samsung, Sony, Onkyo and Roku XD/XS and has more support to define which buttons you are interested in and has the whole set to chose from (for Samsung that is).

Dirk
        Last edited by dcorsus; May 16, 2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Dirk I have been using the plugin for a while now with no issues. Thanks again!

I was wondering if it would be difficult to add a TV status device. i.e. create a TV status device when the plugin first runs and set the value to on or off as the the plugin sees the tv come on / go off.

This would enable me to use a real TV status instead of a virtual device which would be a lot more reliable in an environment with both IP and IR methods of TV control.

Many thanks in advance
          James
          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            Dirk I have been using the plugin for a while now with no issues. Thanks again!

I was wondering if it would be difficult to add a TV status device. i.e. create a TV status device when the plugin first runs and set the value to on or off as the the plugin sees the tv come on / go off.

This would enable me to use a real TV status instead of a virtual device which would be a lot more reliable in an environment with both IP and IR methods of TV control.

Many thanks in advance
            James
            Hi James,

I wasn't planning on doing anything more to this plugin given that I rolled the functions back into my DLNA Manager plugin, which you may have guessed, I might charge for in the future.

In the DLNA Manager plugin, the devices have a state of deactivated, activated on-line, activated off-line so I think that is what you are looking for. Give the DLNA manager plugin a whirl (download here http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...34&postcount=1 ), it has a help file and might do what you are looking for. It will actually allow you to set volume levels directly versus up/down ...

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,
              Thanks for the response. I hadn't realised that you had merged things back in to the DLNA manager, so I will give that a try.
              Cheers
              cheeryfool

Comment

Hi,
                Thank you for this plugin!
                My TV is a UE46C6700.
                The plugin created 2 devices and it seems to work great. I have to finish my tests...
                I have a question concerning the device 'Message service' : what is the use of this device ? Could we send quick message on the TV?
                Thank you for your reply.
                SD

Comment

Originally posted by steph@ne View Post
                  I have a question concerning the device 'Message service' : what is the use of this device ? Could we send quick message on the TV?
                  Yes the message service generates small messages on your TV. Go to the plugin-s config page and turn the speaker proxy flag on (don't forget to save). Now create an event with action "Speak", put in some text, trigger the event and the text will show up on your TV.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,
                    Thank you for your fast reply.
                    I followed your advice and hs tells me an error message below:
                    14/06/2012 21:12:06 Error In SpeakDev SpeakProxy: Argument 'Start' is not a valid value. 14/06/2012 21:12:06 SamsungRemote SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = bonjour, Wait=False, Host = And nothing appears on the TV..
                    SD

EDIT: I find the solution sorry. I didn't set the host. With the * caracter I can see the sms on the TV. Thank you for your job Dirk!

Comment

Thanks for this plugin, so far is excellent. One feature that I'm trilled about is to display messages on TV. I followed the post instructions, I get no errors in the log but I do not get any messages on the screen.
                      I have the Samsung UN55D6450 the the event is
                      Speak and wait:Testing Message on the screen
                      At:*
                      6/17/2012 9:19:02 AM SamsungRemote ActionUI called with action string = 6/17/2012 9:18:58 AM TTS Speak: ():Testing Message on the screen6/17/2012 9:18:58 AM SamsungRemote SpeakIn found UPnPDevice = x{,x{, in the UPnPDeviceInfoArray6/17/2012 9:18:58 AM SamsungRemote SpeakIn found UPnPDevice = [TV]UN55D6450 in the UPnPDeviceInfoArray6/17/2012 9:18:58 AM SamsungRemote SpeakIn is looking at 2 UPnPDevices and for testing purpose my NbrOfUPnPDevices = 16/17/2012 9:18:58 AM SamsungRemote SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = Testing Message on the screen, Wait=True, Host = *
                      This is the log

Thanks,
                      Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                        Thanks for this plugin, so far is excellent. One feature that I'm trilled about is to display messages on TV. I followed the post instructions, I get no errors in the log but I do not get any messages on the screen.
                        I have the Samsung UN55D6450 the the event is
                        Speak and wait:Testing Message on the screen
                        At:*
                        6/17/2012 9:19:02 AM SamsungRemote ActionUI called with action string = 6/17/2012 9:18:58 AM TTS Speak: ():Testing Message on the screen6/17/2012 9:18:58 AM SamsungRemote SpeakIn found UPnPDevice = x{,x{, in the UPnPDeviceInfoArray6/17/2012 9:18:58 AM SamsungRemote SpeakIn found UPnPDevice = [TV]UN55D6450 in the UPnPDeviceInfoArray6/17/2012 9:18:58 AM SamsungRemote SpeakIn is looking at 2 UPnPDevices and for testing purpose my NbrOfUPnPDevices = 16/17/2012 9:18:58 AM SamsungRemote SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = Testing Message on the screen, Wait=True, Host = *
                        This is the log

Thanks,
                        Aldo
                        Hi Aldo,

did the plugin create a HS device for the "Message Service" and did you click on "Message Service On"?
                        If the Message Service device wasn't created than your TV most likely doesn't support if (although it is a D series). If it was created and the status shows it is on, then turn the debug flag on for the plugin (click its config button) and post that log.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,
                          Thanks for your fast response, how do I find out if my TV has that feature. The only device that I can find are these attached. Please tell me that is your plug-in and not the TV

By the way, the name on the other device is kind of strange, that is my BlueRay device.

Thanks for all your help, please let me know if you need more info from me.

Thanks,
                          Aldo
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                            Hi Dirk,
                            Thanks for your fast response, how do I find out if my TV has that feature. The only device that I can find are these attached. Please tell me that is your plug-in and not the TV

By the way, the name on the other device is kind of strange, that is my BlueRay device.

Thanks for all your help, please let me know if you need more info from me.

Thanks,
                            Aldo
                            This indeed doesn't look good. UPNP/DLNA discovered the TV and the Bluray but didn't discover any of the other functions (like volume/play...)

Did you allow remote control, one of the settings on your TV/Blu-Ray itself?

Turn the plugin debug/superdebug flag on, save it, restart hs and check the log. It will show which devices it has discovered.

You could also use my other plugin, DLNA Manager, it is the Rolls-Royce version and has a help file and creates a table with everything it finds.

The funny characters, I have it as well, I think the Samsung Blu ray advertizes itself with Korean (international character set) characters. Bug in their implementation, not much I can do about that but my DLNA Manager PI allows you to change the name and you can correct it yourself.

Dirk

post edit: must have had a brain freeze, this PI does not detect volume/play etc but it should discover the personal message service unless it is not supported by this TV. Turn debug on and capture start up log or use DLNA manager to capture a lot more info on your TV (set its superdebug flag on)
                            Last edited by dcorsus; June 17, 2012, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Just my fortune, I will try that. Thanks

Aldo

Comment

works with 55D7000

Hi tested this plugin works with my 55D7000 thanks
                                HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                                53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                                https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
                                X