Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating temperature sensor

Hi,

Does anyone know of a replacement sensor for the thwr800 (that has been discontinued by Oregon) that works with RFXrec433 and the RFXCOM plugin?

If not, does anyone know of another Floating Temperature sensor that can be integrated with HS?

Thanks,

Mats

The TFA 30.3160 pool sensor is received by the RFXrec433, RFXtrx433 and RFXtrx433E.

The WT0122 pool sensor is received by the RFXtrx433E

Comment

Floating pool temp sensor for RFXCOM - Are they all bad?

I am looking for a floating sensor and saw this older post. The first sensor appears to be only available in Europe and none of the sites make it clear if they ship to the US. The second one is available on sites here but looks like it shops from China.

Have any other sensors become available?

It seems like most posts indicate that all of theses sensors are pretty bad. Generally it looks like they leak - so I am assuming I will get one and then use something to seal the battery compartment - hot glue gun or something like that?

Thanks.

Comment

I'm using one in a salt water pool, works great, the company in the Netherlands ships to USA.
        Unit is called Poolsender, 30.3160.
        cost about 20 euros, no leak issues
        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
        | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
        BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Can you post the link to the dutch web site - I am only finding German sites so far and haven't been able to figure out if they ship to the US. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
            Can you post the link to the dutch web site - I am only finding German sites so far and haven't been able to figure out if they ship to the US. Thanks.
            http://weerhuisje.nl/

http://weerhuisje.nl/index.php?actio...000060&lang=EN
            Blair

Comment

Thanks. 59 Euros for shipping! I am going to get my brother to order it - he lives in Germany. I am sure he can ship it for less.

Comment

Thanks. 59 Euros for shipping! I am going to get my brother to order it - he lives in Germany. I am sure he can ship it for less.

These *might* be similar.
                cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
                  The TFA 30.3160 pool sensor is received by the RFXrec433, RFXtrx433 and RFXtrx433E.

The WT0122 pool sensor is received by the RFXtrx433E
                  I had bought one of "these" from Amazon it claimed to be a WT0122. The RFXCOM received it's bleeps but under the wrong protocol and very inaccurate. In the stats that it reported to RFXCOM it did not show up as being WT0122.

Bert had mentioned in a previous post that some claim to be WT0122 but actually have a different chip inside, making them incompatible.

I returned it to Amazon, no questions asked
                  Blair

Comment

Although not very scientific, I can see a subtle difference in the unit you posted that doesn't work vs. some of the others. In your unit the antenna is not cylindrical whereas other units in Amazon are. Can I confirm that anyone who has a working unit has a cylindrical antenna? I can get the European unit but to save shipping it won't pick it up until I am over in August.

Comment

Although not very scientific, I can see a subtle difference in the unit you posted that doesn't work vs. some of the others. In your unit the antenna is not cylindrical whereas other units in Amazon are. Can I confirm that anyone who has a working unit has a cylindrical antenna? I can get the European unit but to save shipping it won't pick it up until I am over in August.
                      Actually when changing the batterise in the poolsender, I noticed there is nothing up inside rhe little red post that sticks up. The antenna is on the circuit board. They all (almost) seem to have a red post that sticks out. .
                      Blair

Comment

Anyone have any success with Ambient Weather WS-14?

https://smile.amazon.com/Ambient-Wea...ol+thermometer

Is it safe to assume that anything on 433 MHz should in theory be useable?

Comment

This one looks like it has potential... Anyone in the U.S. want to try it?
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

WS14 is not (yet) in the list of supported sensors.
                            See chapter 2 in the RFXtrx User Guide for the list of supported devices.

Comment

Apologies for belaboring this but I am finding it a little confusing - not being an expert in this area.

Chapter 2 of the HS3 user guide speaks to the specific receiver/transmitters but doesn't go into detail about supported devices beyond talking about the frequency.

Chapter 6.3 discussed temperature sensors, which I believe these are. It does not list supported products.

So I am trying to piece together the list of supported wireless pool temperature sensors that work with the unit. Ideally I would like one that is sold and shipped by a company in the US. The companies in Europe want roughly twice the cost of the sensor to ship it to me.

I ended up ordering this one:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/..._st_dp_summary

I somehow figured out that this would work, but at this point I can't retrace my steps. It would be helpful if you could confirm this.

If there is a list of supported wireless pool devices, please provide a link to it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X