• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kideon

What is it you want to do ?
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I've seen these RC522 RFID module wired up to a uno and mega, so you could do it that way instead of the http post route. There are sketches out there for this. Many of the things I sought to do on an Arduino has ways it can be done of ESP8266, so I think the RFID could be wired up to the ESP8266 too.

Originally posted by kideon View Post
      Just found this project https://github.com/happy-bubbles/nfc
      Does almost what I want just not sure how to receive the http post into homeseer. Maybe someone can adapt it?
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Is this what you look for?

I add CO2 data to a virtual device with Reference ID 804 like this:

http://192.168.0.xxx/JSON?request=co...f=804&value=%s

Sparkman has a post somewhere with a super guide to set it up for V.air. :-)

Regards
        Morten

Comment

If you want an simple ESP8266 option you should check out ESPEasy. I was meaning to make a seperate post on it as it's not related to the arduino plugin.

Comment

My overall goal is to be able to wear a NFC Ring and scan it on readers in different rooms and different physical locations (like my recliner) for occupancy detection/tracking and event triggers. I might also explore putting tags on physical objects and see how that could integrate into every day life. Trying to figure out something pretty simple and turn key, there aren't any CE devices that do this so the ESP or a photon seems like the best route.

One thing I like about this guy's work is that the firmware has the included Gui so it will default to AP mode and you can just connect, config, and reboot and it's done which will make it easier to deploy in the field.

Once it's operational I'm going to get a couple of active transmitters and trial different functionalities.

The other route I'd think of is BLE but would want to still use arduino's to get the RSSI strength, tag ID, and potentially any telemetry that can be transmitted.

My end all be all is home life but also a case study for a business plan I am working on.

Comment

I'm having a very difficult to connect NODEMCU with HS.

I can se NODEMCU connected to my wifi (on router is connected).

IP, port and MAC are correct, sometimes there is a connection with HS but only for some seconds...

Some ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AllanMar View Post
                If you want an simple ESP8266 option you should check out ESPEasy. I was meaning to make a seperate post on it as it's not related to the arduino plugin.
                That looks very interesting Allan... thanks for sharing
                HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post

IP, port and MAC are correct, sometimes there is a connection with HS but only for some seconds...

Some ideas?

Thanks
                  I've fiddle around with these devices to and what you also can do is placing an ASP or ASPX page on the HS server and calling that one with the data you want to transfer. Rather old school but it's working and easy to follow what is happening.

ESPEasy is also mentioned which is indeed a very good setup supporting many different sensors and such. It can also send to generic http so the above solution will work too or you use MQTT.
                  - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                  HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                  PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Some ideas?

Thanks
                    Sounds like the WDT reset issue mentioned previously. Connect with the serial monitor and see what it says.

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                      I've fiddle around with these devices to and what you also can do is placing an ASP or ASPX page on the HS server and calling that one with the data you want to transfer. Rather old school but it's working and easy to follow what is happening.

ESPEasy is also mentioned which is indeed a very good setup supporting many different sensors and such. It can also send to generic http so the above solution will work too or you use MQTT.
                      Any reason your using an ASP page over the built in JSON?
                      I've been experimenting with ESPEasy using this.
                      Using the following "Publish Template" and "Generic HTTP"
                      JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=%id%&value=%value%

When you create a task you use the Homeseer device ref for idx.
                      What I think is promising about EspEasy for people is it included built in support for lots of expansion modules, which is important for ESP I think.

Comment

Any reason your using an ASP page over the built in JSON?
                        I've been experimenting with ESPEasy using this.
                        Using the following "Publish Template" and "Generic HTTP"
                        JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=%id%&value=%value%

When you create a task you use the Homeseer device ref for idx.
                        What I think is promising about EspEasy for people is it included built in support for lots of expansion modules, which is important for ESP I think.
                        No not really. I am using HS2 here and i like to keep things simple where ASP is supported out of the box. Having said this calling JSON like mentioned above is handle about the same as doing a querystring() on the URL
                        - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                        PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Sounds like the WDT reset issue mentioned previously. Connect with the serial monitor and see what it says.
                          This evening I'll check on serial monitor.

Regarding my complication on pin assignments, I think should be good idea insert this library:
                          https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/b...uino.h#L37-L59

Comment

Regarding my complication on pin assignments, I think should be good idea insert this library:
                            https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/b...uino.h#L37-L59
                            What do you mean? That is already part of the ESP8266 core (already included)?
                            The plugin uses GPIO pin numbers. I suppose could have the sketch do a conversion but It was one of the changes I would suggest for the plugin. There doesn't appear to be much movement forward on official support for this in the plugin though.

Comment

On serial monitor:

Code:
                               ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x4010f000, len 1264, room 16 
                              tail 0
                              chksum 0x0f
                              csum 0x0f
                              ~ld

Soft WDT reset

ctx: cont 
                              sp: 3ffefb30 end: 3ffefd90 offset: 01b0

>>>stack>>>
                              3ffefce0:  3ffe85e0 03b2a8c0 3ffeeb2c 402037e0  
                              3ffefcf0:  402010ae 000003e8 3ffeeb2c 40203826  
                              3ffefd00:  00000001 3ffeeb2c 3ffeeb2c 40203865  
                              3ffefd10:  0000002d 00000000 00000064 40203bdc  
                              3ffefd20:  3ffe85e0 00ffffff 3ffe85e0 3ffeed68  
                              3ffefd30:  3fffdad0 00000000 3ffeeb2c 402038d4  
                              3ffefd40:  3fffdad0 00000000 3ffeeb2c 40202156  
                              3ffefd50:  3ffe85e0 03b2a8c0 feefeffe 3ffeed68  
                              3ffefd60:  00000000 00000000 3ffeed60 4020219a  
                              3ffefd70:  3fffdad0 00000000 3ffeed60 40203bb0  
                              3ffefd80:  feefeffe feefeffe 3ffeed70 40100718  
                              <<<stack<<<

tail 0
                              chksum 0x0f
                              csum 0x0f
                              ~ld
                              and repeat the same every some second...

EDIT: same problem as FernandoSolanes but I don't have any error during compiling.

Comment

On serial monitor:

Code:

tail 0
                                chksum 0x0f
                                csum 0x0f
                                ~ld

Soft WDT reset

ctx: cont 
                                sp: 3ffefb30 end: 3ffefd90 offset: 01b0

>>>stack>>>
                                3ffefce0:  3ffe85e0 03b2a8c0 3ffeeb2c 402037e0  
                                3ffefcf0:  402010ae 000003e8 3ffeeb2c 40203826  
                                3ffefd00:  00000001 3ffeeb2c 3ffeeb2c 40203865  
                                3ffefd10:  0000002d 00000000 00000064 40203bdc  
                                3ffefd20:  3ffe85e0 00ffffff 3ffe85e0 3ffeed68  
                                3ffefd30:  3fffdad0 00000000 3ffeeb2c 402038d4  
                                3ffefd40:  3fffdad0 00000000 3ffeeb2c 40202156  
                                3ffefd50:  3ffe85e0 03b2a8c0 feefeffe 3ffeed68  
                                3ffefd60:  00000000 00000000 3ffeed60 4020219a  
                                3ffefd70:  3fffdad0 00000000 3ffeed60 40203bb0  
                                3ffefd80:  feefeffe feefeffe 3ffeed70 40100718  
                                <<<stack<<<

tail 0
                                chksum 0x0f
                                csum 0x0f
                                ~ld
                                and repeat the same every some second...

EDIT: same problem as FernandoSolanes but I don't have any error during compiling.
                                Sounds like the common problem mentioned before.

You either have to manually patch UdpContext.h as I mentioned to FernadoSolanes or now you can use the "staging" version of the ESP8266 lib (until a new release with this bug fixed is released anyway).
                                https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/c...dde63b42fa38ed

Boards manager link (2.3.0-rc1): http://arduino.esp8266.com/staging/p...com_index.json

Comment

Working...
                                X