X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get Alexa to discover my devices

I cannot get Alexa to discover my devices

My settings/steps are:

I can log into my MyHS account and see my homeseer system as I should.
    In "network, remote control settings" page of homeseer setup page, "Enable control using JSON" is checked.
    In "network, remote control settings" page of homeseer setup page, "Control Port" is set to 11000.

Homeseer version is 3.0.0.290.

Echo is linked to my Amazon account. (I have just the one account).

I went to http://homeseer.com/echo-access.html and copied the received URL to the clipboard.

Opened Firefox and logged into my Amazon account.

Opened another tab in Firefox and pasted in the saved URL

Firefox displayed: "Alexa has been successfully linked with HomeSeer".

Using Alexa app on android...

Launched the Alexa app and navigated to "Smart Home".
    Found Homeseer in the "Your Smart Home Skills".
    In "Your Devices section, the display shows "You haven't connected any devices yet.

I touch "discover devices"

Alexa says "did not discover any devices"

I have run the above procedure several time with the same results.

How many devices have voice command checked?

Barry

Comment

It works!

I am a little embarrassed to say that none of my devices voice command box was checked.
      It have them checked now and everything is working. Somehow I missed that "little step" when reading the documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
        I cannot get Alexa to discover my devices

My settings/steps are:

I can log into my MyHS account and see my homeseer system as I should.
        In "network, remote control settings" page of homeseer setup page, "Enable control using JSON" is checked.
        In "network, remote control settings" page of homeseer setup page, "Control Port" is set to 11000.

Homeseer version is 3.0.0.290.

Echo is linked to my Amazon account. (I have just the one account).

I went to http://homeseer.com/echo-access.html and copied the received URL to the clipboard.

Opened Firefox and logged into my Amazon account.

Opened another tab in Firefox and pasted in the saved URL

Firefox displayed: "Alexa has been successfully linked with HomeSeer".

Using Alexa app on android...

Launched the Alexa app and navigated to "Smart Home".
        Found Homeseer in the "Your Smart Home Skills".
        In "Your Devices section, the display shows "You haven't connected any devices yet.

I touch "discover devices"

Alexa says "did not discover any devices"

I have run the above procedure several time with the same results.
        Dittos for me (followed the above). "Voice command" is checked and Echo could not find any smart home devices. Suggestions?

Elliott

PS: It may be the version of HS3 Pro that I am using: 3.0.0.258.
        Last edited by Richel; June 26, 2016, 10:05 AM. Reason: Omitted something.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
          Dittos for me (followed the above). "Voice command" is checked and Echo could not find any smart home devices. Suggestions?

Elliott

PS: It may be the version of HS3 Pro that I am using: 3.0.0.258.
          You need to update.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            You need to update.
            Thanks, Rupp.

Elliott
            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

No devices for me either

I got the same connected message and I am using the right skill where it specifies you can say "Alexa turn on lights". When I click discover devices I get none found. I am running HS version 3.0.0.293. I have restarted to ensure everything is good. I can connect via MyHS no problem. I only have 1 user setup and 1 HS install. I have checked that I have 5 or 6 devices with voice command checked.

Any ideas?

Comment

Ditto...no devices found

Same as previous post. I'll just add that I was using the API prior to the update, and that recognized all my devices.

Comment

Anybody got this working?

Super excited to try this but no love for me? Has anyone gotten this to work in the past few days or is there just a bug in the skill? I have tried re-setting it up etc no dice. Pretty straight forward config so can not think of what I might be doing wrong. Says it is ready but no devices discovered.

Comment

Got the fix

After a few emails and a call to HS support we found the problem. I am not sure if this is a default setting or not but for either of the HS skills on Alexa to work you need to have the "Enable control using JSON" setting on under Network in setup. Once I did that the discovery worked like a charm.

Thanks to the HS support team. Helpful as always.

Comment

I'm having the same issue but I have the following already enabled:

All my devices in "My Home" have voice command checked.

I have "Enable control using JSON" checked in settings.

I have the HSTouch version 1.0.144 on my Android but I don't think that's the matter. There are no updates for it either.

Still no "Discovered" devices.

Alexa once did "Discover" my devices.

Not sure if Amazon changed something but I have a Pandora music account and I understand that I can make "Pandora" my default radio station in Alexa's account settings where I can just ask to play my Artist and that's not working either. I can get Pandora to play my stations though but I still have to ask Alexa to play my "Pandora (Artist) station" and I get it. So I think maybe Amazon could be in error.

Comment

Originally posted by RDelSanto View Post
                        I'm having the same issue but I have the following already enabled:

All my devices in "My Home" have voice command checked.

I have "Enable control using JSON" checked in settings.

I have the HSTouch version 1.0.144 on my Android but I don't think that's the matter. There are no updates for it either.

Still no "Discovered" devices.

Alexa once did "Discover" my devices.

Not sure if Amazon changed something but I have a Pandora music account and I understand that I can make "Pandora" my default radio station in Alexa's account settings where I can just ask to play my Artist and that's not working either. I can get Pandora to play my stations though but I still have to ask Alexa to play my "Pandora (Artist) station" and I get it. So I think maybe Amazon could be in error.
                        I have exactly the same issue now. Except all of my devices were working fine, and only about 5 days ago there are no devices on Alexa.
                        Also I can't log in on any of my devices Android or Ios to MyHS.

Comment

Anything new on this topic? We are having the same issues as well.

Comment

+1

After disabling the Homeseer skill and logging in again, I see my devices!
                            Last edited by Broes; February 20, 2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
                              X