Device is not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    So you are saying that you cannot enable the skill in the Alexa app?
    no, i can disable and enable them ( i have both on ) just fine, but when it take syou to the homeseer login it wasnt letting me, eventually after like 10 tries it went in.

still upon discover devices it ONLY finds my phillips hue lights.

not sure what else to try at this point?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Go into HS->Step->Custom page and select the web site name, then just click submit (you don't have to change it). This will cause the connection to myths to disconnect and re-connect. Then see if you can run the discovery. When you run the discovery check the HS log, you should see a message there about the discovery being started.

I just ran a test here at my home and control worked fine, so I don't know why its not working for you.

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
      no, i can disable and enable them ( i have both on ) just fine, but when it take syou to the homeseer login it wasnt letting me, eventually after like 10 tries it went in.

still upon discover devices it ONLY finds my phillips hue lights.

not sure what else to try at this point?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I just followed Rich's steps and here's what I got in the log:

Dec-23 5:24:56 PM Info Amazon Echo Discovery requested, version: 2
        Dec-23 5:24:25 PM Info System connected to MyHomeSeer Service successfully.
        Dec-23 5:24:25 PM Info System connected to MyHomeSeer Service, waiting for acknowledge...
        Dec-23 5:24:24 PM Info Starting the MyHS Service...
        Dec-23 5:24:21 PM Info Stopping the MyHS Service...

Both skills are working fine here.

I'm still thinking this is something on Amazon's end. Possibly some stale DNS records pointing to the wrong myhs server?

--Ken
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by denisl View Post
          This worked for me. I select the forget all devices, disabled the hs skill, re-enabled, then discovered. Everything is working again. Thanks
          I had the same problem, this worked for me. (The forget all is at the very bottom of the list). No problems rediscovering and reconnecting the devices. Pain in the rear to create the groups all over again.

Comment

Dec-23 22:20:55 Info System connected to MyHomeSeer Service successfully.
            Dec-23 22:20:55 Info System connected to MyHomeSeer Service, waiting for acknowledge...
            Dec-23 22:20:55 Info Starting the MyHS Service...

asked Alexa to discover devices, nothing showed up in the log she just again found the 7 phillip hues
            detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Any updates on this? Has anyone got ahold of Amazon? If so, What did they have to say?

This kind of problem is worrisome for me as I have 6 x echo dots being deployed this weekend. There has to be some logging being done or at least possible for debugging the integration. I don't know much about the development side but I wouldn't think it should take too long to figure out where the request is getting lost.

--Ken
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

tried forgetting all , pretty much tried everything suggested so far. Still no luck. i don't even see it trying to connect to HS in the logs

Comment

OK, Based off of this model:

https://developer.amazon.com/public/...home-skill-api

Why would forgetting all devices, disabling, re-enabling, and rediscovery fix the problem for some?

It also appears, from another thread, that some can't even get the HS skill (tell HomeSeer to..) to work.

And yet others, like myself, are not having any problem with either skill?

Comment

Originally posted by sredilla View Post
                    I disabled Homeseer in the Alexa app and then re-enabled which required me to re-enter MyHS credentials. At that time everything I was able to control the house however I had twice as many devices, half of which were still showing off line. I then forgot all devices in the Alexa app and re-discovered. All is good now.

I did the same thing yesterday and it fixed my issues as well.

Comment

I found out something else that may help. it seems my account has vanished from the homseer store. my user name and account don't work AND when i use the forgot password link it dosnt reconize my email address and let me set up a brand new account.

I friend is also a HS customer and his account has vanished as well.

odd but worrying if I just lost all records of my licence keys.

Comment

Go here to get your license keys, they are stored on totally separate server and we have never lost any:

http://homeseer.com/licensing-issues.html

As for the login, we have been on a new store since Sep. If you are using your login from the old store, it should be there, but its possible it got lost. I am not aware of losing any accounts in the new store.

The store login is not linked to your MyHS account, or Alexa, so even if it was lost, it would not cause Alexa issues.

I found out something else that may help. it seems my account has vanished from the homseer store. my user name and account don't work AND when i use the forgot password link it dosnt reconize my email address and let me set up a brand new account.

I friend is also a HS customer and his account has vanished as well.

odd but worrying if I just lost all records of my licence keys.

Comment

thanks rich, just trying to figure out what is going on, I can user myhomesser.com to find my ip address.

how is my homseer linked to my myhomeseer.com account, there dosnt seem to be anywhere in hs to enter my user name and password.

trying to figure this out

Comment

myhomeseer.com is for our DNS service, that is not used and is not be confused with the newer myths.com account.

When HS starts, it connects to the myths service and presents your license ID. A lookup is done to match that license ID with your myths account. If a match is found, your system is linked. So make sure your HS system license ID is registered properly in you myhs.homeseer.com account. Log into myhs.homeseer.com and click on the manage menu to see the system assigned to your account.

thanks rich, just trying to figure out what is going on, I can user myhomesser.com to find my ip address.

how is my homseer linked to my myhomeseer.com account, there dosnt seem to be anywhere in hs to enter my user name and password.

trying to figure this out
                            Last edited by rjh; December 25, 2016, 10:51 PM.

Comment

http://myhs.com comes up with a landing page of a highschool yearbook

Comment

Sorry, myhs.homeseer.com

http://myhs.com comes up with a landing page of a highschool yearbook

Comment

Working...
                                X