Programming an event for double/triple tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to use double/triple tap features using Home Troller Zee S2 program. I installed about 20 different devices with primary objective for security. To program random timing on and off I used events, there could be a better way to do it but I did not master it yet.

I would like to use the double/triple tap features but am struggling with how. I know I need to program an event, is it a manual trigger? Is there an instruction of how to do it, I found a nice video of using double tap but no instruction how to program Zee S2? An example would be helpful. I am posting it under Home Troller Zee S2 because this is the unit I have, I am not sure I know which software the unit is using.

Thank you for help.

George.

Are you using the new HS HS-WD100+ switches? If not what switch are you using that reports local multi-taps?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, all switches are from 2016 from HomeSeer, most are HS WA100+, one is WD100+ and a few of WS100.

George.

Comment

Your event trigger will be:

If a device had its value set and
        Central scene [of device] is [one of the below]
        Then [do something]

You will be provided with some options:

Scene 001 Key pressed
        Scene 001 Key released
        Scene 001 Key held
        Scene 001 Key pressed twice
        Scene 001 Key pressed 3 times
        Scene 002 Key pressed
        Scene 002 Key released
        Scene 002 Key held
        Scene 002 Key pressed twice
        Scene 002 Key pressed 3 times

Scene 001 means the top paddle, i.e. On
        Scene 002 means the bottom paddle, i.e. Off

Michael
        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Zillinger View Post
          Yes, all switches are from 2016 from HomeSeer, most are HS WA100+, one is WD100+ and a few of WS100.

George.

George. The WA version is a companion switch and can only be used in a 3 (or more) way combination with either a WD (dimmer) or WS (switch).

To program your event you need to monitor the change in the Central Scene device value for the master (WD or WS) switch.

Choose: Device Changes and is set to

Then Choose the Central Scene device for your switch

Then choose the sub option (Scene 1s are top paddle presses; scene 2s are bottom paddle presses)

Here's an event that I use to turn off all lights in the basement. I can use a double press on the bottom paddle for either the stair light at the top, or the playroom at the bottom to launch another event that turns off all lights - with a delay for the stair light
          cheeryfool

Comment

I read your instructions again an successfully programmed the double tap events. Thank you all. Home Seer has a very high quality product but instructions need to be better tuned for new folks. Programming is still a little like machine language.

Thank you all again,

George.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X