Maverick BBQ probes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick BBQ probes

I just setup the Maverick 733 with RFXcom. I have the RFXrec433 from the homeseer store. At first I could not get the plugin to see the sensor. I enabled the hideki sensors on the rfxcom tab of the RFXrec433 device. Still no joy. I the went to http://www.rfxcom.com/epages/7816546...s&Locale=en_GB downloaded the latest firmware and the flash utility and updated the firmware. Now it adds a food sensor (showing up as a dimmer for some reason) and a BBQ temperature sensor. I plan on creating a page with some charting using Jon00's charting plugin, and possibly some timers. Also plan on creating an imperihome page. I have an expensive thermoworks Bluetooth dual probe thermometer that uses scientific grade k-type probes. Because of homeseer, rfxcom, the maverick and imperihome this promises to be a way more convenient setup. I'll update as I use it more. Pretty excited about this.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Some progress

I have the sensors working with homeseer, and I have temperature sensors on an imperihome page.

Attached are images of what the HS3 devices, jon00 chart, and initial iMperihome page look like.
    Attached Files

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Shame they reset everytime real you power them down

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
        Shame they reset everytime real you power them down
        I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Comment

When you finish using the sensors and switch them off HomeSeer rfxcom plugin gives them new device ids.

Comment

Mine do not. I've only tested four or five times, but they always come back with the same ID. Are you using the Maverick or the Oregon scientific sensors?

Comment

Maverick ET-733 absolutely EVERYTIME i switch the transmitter and receiver off it needs to resync with receiver and sets up new devices on homeseer!

Stopped using them as it was pointless... whats your secret

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                Maverick ET-733 absolutely EVERYTIME i switch the transmitter and receiver off it needs to resync with receiver and sets up new devices on homeseer!

Stopped using them as it was pointless... whats your secret

I did just update the firmware of the RFXrec. Perhaps that is what is different?

Comment

I have RFXtrx433E latest firmware

Comment

It is the Maverick sensor that defines the ID.

On request I can create a plug-in that ignores the ID and produces always the same ID for any Maverick sensor. (contact support at rfxcom.com)
                    Keep in mind that if you have a neighbor with a Maverick sensor within range of the RFXCOM that the plugin will show both as the same sensor!

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
                      It is the Maverick sensor that defines the ID.

On request I can create a plug-in that ignores the ID and produces always the same ID for any Maverick sensor. (contact support at rfxcom.com)
                      Keep in mind that if you have a neighbor with a Maverick sensor within range of the RFXCOM that the plugin will show both as the same sensor!
                      so i am not CRAZY

Comment

Well let's not jump to conclusions. [emoji6]. I've also not been using the maverick receiver device. Just the transmitter. Which device sets the ID?

Comment

It is the Maverick transmitter that defines the ID.

I don't know if the fixed ID is in the ET-732 or ET-733 transmitter or in a different version.

Yesterday I have sent an updated plugin to Dean. This plugin decodes the Maverick with 2 ID's, the real ID BBQ1[????]T + BBQ2[????]T as transmitted by the sensor and a fixed ID BBQ1[1234]T + BBQ2[1234]T.
                          Note that if you have a neighbor with an active Maverick sensor within range of the RFXtrx your 1234 sensor will also be updated by this sensor!

It is easy to check if the Maverick sensor changes the ID after power down.
                          Pair the transmitter/sensor with the Maverick display. Switch the transmitter/sensor off for a few minutes. Power on the transmitter/sensor. It has a fixed ID if you do not have to pair the transmitter/sensor with the Maverick display.

Comment

Wait... there's a new separate device for the temperature now?
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

No problem, do not activate the 1234 sensor if your Maverick has a fixed ID or if you want to use the varying ID.

Comment

Working...
                              X