Z-Wave device that is external powered only responds when awake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave device that is external powered only responds when awake

I have a set of alarm.com T2000 aka building36 T10 Zwave thermostats. I've got them wired up and working with the C wire, and have mastered the parameters listed on the Zwave alliance website.

The issue I'm running into is one unit does not respond to updates to the configurable settings unless I've woken it up. I've reset the unit to factory using the documentation, and reconfigured the Zwave association Echo parameter, what ever that means (both enable and disable (default))

This isn't an issue on the other unit and I can confirm it's running on the C wire by querying the power source parameter. I get a value of 1 when it's on the wall and 0 (battery) when it's off the mount.

The other unit does not do this, so I'm kind of at a loss. Hope to get an answer before I have to return the device and buy another "new" unit for $70. I got both used for $70 total which was a steal.
    Any ideas how to get this unit to respond without having to be manually woken up?

The only time I've seen this is if the hardware was added to the Z-Wave network while on batteries. Have you tried removing the device from the network an then re-add it back once powered?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
    X