This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Here tested UPB on an off and dim via Homeseer 3 variable of unit and these functions are working fine for me right now with current V3.0.2.8.
    I'm confused. How is yours working on V8 when everyone else's is broken?
    <style></style>

Comment

It worked for me with V3.0.2.X but did not work with a previous version (don't recall which it was now).

I posted a picture of the variable and debug logging at the time when dimming did not work.

The only way for me to check here is to test the lighting in my face...next to the UPB switch and looking at the lamp in question. I see the lamp going on or off or dim easy this way. That an talk to other UPB PIMs with the same commands from Homeseer or Smarthings and....

Thinking maybe too with the updates sometimes shut off the plugin and delete all of the created variables and enable the plugin and cherry pick what I want to use. (running the Omni plugin on two Homeseer 3 boxes here).

Here is a pictorial view. Light level really isn't showing in the two lamp pictures. Lamp pictures are of the lamp on and lamp dimmed to 45%.
      Here tinkering with the Samsung hub and see the status change fine via my tablet and via an Upstart / PCA live connection.
      Well that an have the Alexa in the vicinity talking to the Samsung Hub and Alexa commands work fine to the UPB switch.

[ATTACH]68173[/ATTACH]

Thinking now there should be a sub topic here listing the version and fixes to each version for informational news but not to write to so we all know what is different or fixed with each version. Personally starting to lose track of the changes or updates done with each new version.
      Last edited by Pete; April 14, 2018, 05:52 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by MAVTECH View Post
        I'm having issues with 3.0.2.8.
        I cannot turn on any lights, but can turn them off (they ramp off).
        Button are working correctly.
        The log logs the button event but not the light, on or off.
        My lights (units) are UPB.

Can I revert back to 3.0.2.6 or I can help troubleshoot .8

Mike
        I am having the same issues
        update: I can go into the device config disable and reenable and the unit works, however i have to set room and floor settings back and my units are UPB as well.
        Last edited by drmcp; April 14, 2018, 09:28 PM. Reason: updated

Comment

Just a guess here...

1 - disable any events using the Omni Plugin
          2 - Enable all of your units via the config tab.
          3 - let the Omni Plugin create a variable for every unit.
          4 - Disable the plugin.
          5 - Delete all of your Homeseer unit variables.
          6 - Enable the Omni plugin
          7 - Enable whatever units you want
          8 - let the plugin create new UPB unit variables
          9 - test the variables on the Homeseer web page.
          10 - revisit and validate your Omni centric events.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Confirmed that upon upgrade today, I too have lost all dim functions on the UPB stuff.

-Travis

Comment

Must be some sticky device configuration leftover thing.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Maybe, I’m not willing to rework all my devices and events though so I will have to wait!

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Must be some sticky device configuration leftover thing.
                  Maybe so. I can only report that my USB switches (4 Simply Automated units) seem to work fine, they go to whatever level I want with GUI slider, or on or off. These devices were built with 2.5 code, I am running 2.8 now, no problem with them. X10's only turn on/off.

I wonder if some USB switches also only respond to some "standard" commands, not others, or respond in different way. I suspect that is the case with different vendor and different era X10 switches. There is also an "extended" X10 command set which some (few?) manufacturers adopted, and it is an option in the omni settings for House Code. Mine are all set to Standard, but I have no idea of the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Jfree23 View Post
                    Maybe so. I can only report that my USB switches (4 Simply Automated units) seem to work fine, they go to whatever level I want with GUI slider, or on or off. These devices were built with 2.5 code, I am running 2.8 now, no problem with them. X10's only turn on/off.

I wonder if some USB switches also only respond to some "standard" commands, not others, or respond in different way. I suspect that is the case with different vendor and different era X10 switches. There is also an "extended" X10 command set which some (few?) manufacturers adopted, and it is an option in the omni settings for House Code. Mine are all set to Standard, but I have no idea of the difference.
                    FWIW the majority of my UPB switches are PCS brand. I have a few "Simply Automated" units but I didn't notice the problem split between brands. Doesn't mean that I missed something though. Anyway I have those brands on-hand if any testing is needed.
                    <style></style>
                    Last edited by avpman; April 16, 2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Omni Plugin X10 command testing.

Testing X10 this morning. Note here typically only utilize X10 switches for Christmas holiday lighting.

1 - Went to PCA and configured a test X10 Lamp module A7.

[ATTACH]68218[/ATTACH]

2 - went to HS3 plugins manager and disabled Omni Plugin and re-enabled plugin.

[ATTACH]68219[/ATTACH]

3 - Went to Omni plugin manager/Units Tab / enabled TestA7 / unit protocal X10 and checked to make sure it created an Omni Unit TestA7

4 - Went looking for an X10 Lamp module and set it to A7. Went looking for a small lamp to connect to the X10 lamp module such that I can see it.

5 - Initial testing here is on HS3 Lite computer which is plugged in to a CM11A and looking at debug logs. On and Off and Dim work.

CM11A==> Test Lamp module set to A7==> ON ==> lamp went on

Apr-16 9:36:07 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x4 0x65
                      Apr-16 9:36:08 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Success! 0.535 seconds for CM11a to send.

CM11A==> Test Lamp module set to A7==> OFF - lamp went off

Apr-16 9:37:39 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x4 0x65
                      Apr-16 9:37:40 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Success! -0.029 seconds for CM11a to send.

CM11A==> Test Lamp module set to A7==> Brightness to 57% lamp went to 61%

Apr-16 9:40:31 AM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x4 0x65
                      Apr-16 9:40:33 AM X10 WARNING 1.946 seconds for CM11A to send data. Possible noise or interference on power line.

6 - Went to PCA to configure A7 and changed format from standard to extended * Note here it was always set to standard and changed it today to extended.

7 - Went to OmniTouch 5.7e screen and reset it to get new configuration.

OmniPro2==> Volp dual phase TW-523 ==> set A7 to

on and off works.
                      Dim1, Brighten1 just turns lamp on - but if I change PCA / status /A7 to Dim4 then lamp dims and OmniTouch shows status at dim4
                      25%,50%,75%, 100% do not work for me.

8 - Went to PCA status / control / TestX7 module

[ATTACH]68221[/ATTACH]

On and Off work
                      Toggle works
                      brighten doesn't work for me
                      dim works for me *
                      light level doesn't work for me
                      ramp doesn't work for me

9 - Went back to HS3, disabled plugin, removed testXA7 variable, enabled plugin and it created a new testA7 variable.

On and Off work fine. Dim does not work. Note too here that only the PCA dim command works for me.

debug Omni Plugin ON shows:

4/16/2018 10:40:57 AM [2] [-->UNIT: desc=[] number=[7] name=[TestA7]]
                      4/16/2018 10:40:57 AM [2] [---->Unit]

debug Omni Plugin OFF shows:

4/16/2018 10:42:48 AM [2] [-->UNIT: desc=[] number=[7] name=[TestA7]]
                      4/16/2018 10:42:48 AM [2] [---->Unit]

debug Omni Plugin DIM to 42% shows no debug entries.

So personally here it appears that only the PCA dim command works for me. The Omnitouch 5.7e control unit device on and off work but dim / brighten or percentages do not work.

Here only utilize X10 for Christmas lighting and only turn on or off the lighting. Been fine for many years this way.

So at this time with current version of Plugin relating to X10 only on and off work for me. Dimming does not.

Testing HS3 CM11A with X10 plugin all works fine.

Testing HS3 with TW523 and Ocelot plugin all works fine.

Testing OmniPro 2 with TW523 / dual phased X10 Volp module only works with on, off or dim for me.

For testing here changed PCA X10 format to extended (after testing standard first) and used an X10 Powerhouse Lamp module model number: LM465

Historically have seen one bug in the firmware where Leviton wrote over old stuff with new stuff.

- Omnitouch 5.7 video pop up function was disabled with new firmware until I opened up a ticket with Leviton and they validated issue and fixed it but never wrote back to me closing ticket or acknowledging firmware update.

What I am writing about here is that the only command that will work is the dim command 1-9 where as the higher number like 8 is dim and 1 is bright.

Sort of backwards. Nothing else works for me (so I assume that it is a bug with the firmware - best to test yourself with PCA).

The Omni Plugin / X10 on and off work and dim do not work. BUT there are no dim commands being sent from the plugin from what I can tell here.

Did another test here using the Model RW724 (3 channel dimming) controller talking to the CM11A here and on, off and dimming working fine with it.
                      Last edited by Pete; April 16, 2018, 11:48 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                        Confirmed that upon upgrade today, I too have lost all dim functions on the UPB stuff.

-Travis
                        I should elaborate...the events and what Alexa interprets appear to be working as HS slides the dimmer as expected. It's just that the control of the actual device does not respond. It's like the Control Use Dim no longer functions to actuate the device. On/Off commands are fine though. Everything was fine with 3.0.2.6 for me once I modified the range values to honor 0, 1-100 and 255.

-Travis

Comment

Pete, great work testing X10 dimming, thanks.

I won't get to more extensive testing here for a while, but I did a few quick PCA tests on my X10 light, set to Standard in house code. As reported, on, off, work as expected. When I issue a DIM command and light is off, it turns on full, then dims. When light is already on, it dims n steps. When light is off, BRIGHTEN command seems to just turn light on full regardless of step. When light is on but at a dim level, BRIGHTEN ramps it up n steps. Not sure we will ever figure out all the combinations of switches, commands, behaviors.

Rob, another problem - did some home network work this morning, rebooted router, HS3Pi did not seem to talk to Omni any more. Log is all normal, commands seem to go out, but Omni does nothing, also does not notice event changes, does not trigger. Omni and HS3Pi both get same fixed IP address so that did not change, and I can ping Omni from HS3Pi command window. No other indications in HS3 or Omni plugin logs that things are no longer working. Happened same way after router reboot a week or so ago. Disabling/re-enabling plugin seems to fix it, but it can't seem to recover Omni connection on its own.

Edit: one more note - when I restart the plugin, I get this message in the HS3 log:
                          "Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of OMNI. Plugin: OMNI Instance:"
                          Any idea why that might happen, or how to fix if needed?

Thanks

John
                          Last edited by Jfree23; April 16, 2018, 06:22 PM. Reason: added note

Comment

I updated to V28 and it did not fix the 2 problems that I have.

1 - my UPB devices that control fans & flour lites still do not turn on. They did previous to V26 and now they do not. I think this has to do with ramping them. Can you please put this back so that my lites & fans work again?

2 - still does not find any zones on my exp enc. What can I tell/show you that would help you diagnose why it continues to miss the EE zones?

Thx, Jeff.

Comment

Zone Status not working

In the latest version when a zone is bypassed the value is set to -1 instead of 1 or 3. It is also not possible to test for -1 as the value in an event (I assume because it is not a legal value).

Comment

Originally posted by Overst View Post
                                In the latest version when a zone is bypassed the value is set to -1 instead of 1 or 3. It is also not possible to test for -1 as the value in an event (I assume because it is not a legal value).
                                Thanks - I should be able to reproduce that and get a fix...
                                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                                X