No announcement yet.

Basic and/or Creative Events created with APCUPSD plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't but based on discussions here I should check / test the shutdown and restart. I changed the embedded computer hosting hs3 several weeks ago and never tested this should it happen (the older hs2 setup with apcupsd did restart when power was restored)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

According to the documentation there are 4 parameters that trigger a shutdown by apcupsd. Which are Timeout, Batterylevel, Minutes, Exhausted Battery Signal. Of the four listed Batterylevel and Minutes need to be configured to -1 if you don't want a shutdown. Timeout is 0 by default.
      Also I think when apcupsd documentation says "shutdown", they are actually saying sleep/hibernation? Perhaps this is understood lingo in the backup battery circles, but I just realized it . So my remote hs pc must be in hibernation since the power outage.

From the Documentation:

When one of the conditions listed below occurs, apcupsd issues a shutdown command by calling /etc/apcupsd/apccontrol doshutdown, which should perform a shutdown of your system using the system shutdown(8) command. You can modify the behavior as described in Customizing Event Handling.
      The conditions that trigger the shutdown can be any of the following:
      • Running time on batteries have expired (TIMEOUT)
      • The battery runtime remaining is below the configured value (BATTERYLEVEL)
      • The estimated remaining runtime is below the configured value (MINUTES)
      • The UPS signals that the batteries are exhausted.

A shutdown could also be initiated if apcupsd detects that the batteries are no longer functioning correctly. This case, though very unusual, can happen at any time even if there is proper mains voltage, and /etc/apcupsd/apccontrol emergency is called.
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Have you had a chance to test this? I won't have access to my remote setup till I can get someone to go there and restart the pc. So I just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing(s) while the person is still in the house because after they leave the next time they come back will be a week or two later.

Originally posted by pcp View Post
        I haven't but based on discussions here I should check / test the shutdown and restart. I changed the embedded computer hosting hs3 several weeks ago and never tested this should it happen (the older hs2 setup with apcupsd did restart when power was restored)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

No I did not have the time to try it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X