X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.2.0 Posted

Folks,

Version 1.2.0 of the HAI and OnQ plug-ins has been posted to the updater. The documentation is up-to-date, although the web configuration screen is not well documented and lacks a screen shot still.

I would like to move this version into production after about a week, so please let me know if you are using it without any problems.

Just for Anogee because he has been such a faithful user (seriously!) I added some new devices that you will like. First of all, there is a Battery Level indicator. After having my own system for > 5 years, the batter(ies) started to go - they were constantly needing charging - I decided I wanted to head that off from happening again 5 years from now, so the Battery Level device and its associated numerical value can help you track that. Then, as requested, Zone Change Indicator and Special Status Change Indicator devices have been added. With the ZCI, any zone changing (e.g. ready to not-ready or visa versa) will trigger it to momentarily change to "Changed" and then back to "Not Changed". You will not see the transition while viewing with the device status change page, but it works great for a device value change trigger to launch an event or script that can interrogate the zones to see which one changed. The special status device does the same thing but for the special status alarms such as Phone Line Trouble, Freeze Alarm, etc.

And finally, several changes were made to make the plug-in more HomeSeer 2 compatible. One of which is that the COM port and some other configuration items were moved to the web config page. Moving foward more of the config items will be moved there, and I will do a web page for assigning the names to the system since the current one has been problematic lately. I will also work on the Ethernet interface as soon as HS2 gets out there.

Enjoy!
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Fantastic!! Thanks.

Comment

I installed 1.2.0, but unfortunatly it wasn't long before I had problems.

The problem that I get is that the plugin don't seem to know the actual status of some zones. For example, I open a door and HomeSeer correctly reports that the zone is "not ready" but I closed the door and do a:

msgbox hs.plugin("HAI_System").ZoneStatus("10")

and HomeSeer is STILL reporting that this door is "not ready" even though the door is closed and the panel status says it is "secure." Repeated checks of the zone with script continue to return back a "not ready" even though the door remains secure. Had the same problem with other zones as well.

My config file is below.

[hspi_HAI]
      PollingInterval=1000
      PanelModel=15
      PanelCode=180222184115661080081093238846095213
      NumZones=48
      NumThermostats=2
      NumX10Units=64
      NumFlagUnits=56
      NumOutputs=8
      NumCounters=55
      NumCode=2
      NumButtons=64
      NumMessage=64
      bUseDev_Z=False
      bUseDev_U=False
      bUseDev_T=True
      bUseDev_A=False
      bUseDev_O=False
      bUseDev_M=False

Comment

Great Job

Whoohoo, I like where this going. Got the new version installed and things are working so far. Still getting ocassional errors, but my system has a rather large number of zones and units. I have made adjustments in INI file as suggested before and moved serial ports over to a USB attached Edgeport-8 from cheap generic serial cards, but still ocassional errors.
        -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

1.0.66 continues to run great for me. Hopefully HS 2.0 will support that older plugin.

Comment

Curious how many users out there using 1.2.0?

Just wondering how many users have updated their plugin to version 1.2.0?
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have updated to 1.2

The previous version always caused me a problem. Every once in a while, one door sensor would go into trouble. Of course most always in the middle of the night. Remove the plugin, no problems. Install, problem back. Also it would not read the panel.

Upgrade to 1.2 and everything works and no false sensor trips. Been running great ever since the change to 1.2.0.

Thanks Rick.

Comment

Comment

Does V1.2.0 create it's own INI file? Does it's function autopopulate the ini file (like previous version)? Does the autopopulate work for only devices defined in Omni Pro or does it do all of the devices? Apologies for some many questions as I have become dependant on older version.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

If you had the HAI plug-in with previous versions, then the newer version brings the settings over when it creates its own settings file of hspi_HAI.ini. If you did not have the previous version, then it does save the settings in the new file as you create them - that is, as you answer setup prompts.

If you click the button to download the names from the panel, it will get them as they exist from the panel. You can then save the names to the INI file, which is where some versions of the plug-in have a problem and the names do not get saved properly. This one-time step of downloading the names is intended to get you going so you can identify the zones/units, etc. but ideally, since the plug-in allows you so many more characters than the panel itself, you can/should change the names to something more descriptive and then never use the "download names" function again or you will lose the names you entered. If the names form does not save properly, you can always enter the names directly in the INI file (with HomeSeer shut down) and it will use those names when it is restarted.

I am creating web based configuration pages for this plug-in and I will fix the name saving issue and some others in those pages.
                    Regards,

Comment

Anogee,

I don't know of a delicate way to put this so I am just going to say it outright - what you describe is impossible if the plug-in is installed and registered properly. I think we discussed this before, but your switching back and forth may have left remnants of the old plug-in registered in the system such that you are not running the new plug-in completely.

I say this because so far the reports are that 1.2.0 is working well for people, you being the exception, but more importantly, the ZoneStatus function returns the contents of a variable that is used in the plug-in itself.

Here is how it works - for every zone/unit/etc. in the system, there is a variable that holds its current state. When zone status arrives from the panel, it checks the status received from the panel against the variable for that zone, and if they are different, then events are triggered, and the new status is saved into that zone's variable. Thus, if a zone trigger fires on your system for zone 10, then that means the variable changed - it is not possible, with the above multi-version registry issue exception - for it to not work or to not show the same status in response to the ZoneStatus script command that the HAI Security page shows for that zone.

How are you switching plug-in versions back and forth?

Originally posted by anogee
                      I installed 1.2.0, but unfortunatly it wasn't long before I had problems.

The problem that I get is that the plugin don't seem to know the actual status of some zones. For example, I open a door and HomeSeer correctly reports that the zone is "not ready" but I closed the door and do a:

msgbox hs.plugin("HAI_System").ZoneStatus("10")

and HomeSeer is STILL reporting that this door is "not ready" even though the door is closed and the panel status says it is "secure." Repeated checks of the zone with script continue to return back a "not ready" even though the door remains secure. Had the same problem with other zones as well.
                      Regards,

Comment

Anogee,

The only issue I can see with your using 1.0.66 with HS 2.0 is that the system devices in the HAI_System location could get duplicated - e.g. created many times over. You might get 2 of every device listed there due to some changes in how devices get enumerated at startup. Also, you will not be able to run HomeSeer as a service as when I finish eliminating the Windows forms in the plug-in so that it can be run as a service, your copy will still have them thus preventing those forms from being displayed. (Which is only a problem if you need to change something.)

You will also not get that new zone change indicator device that I just created for you!
                        Regards,

Comment

Working...
                        X