This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACPUPSD Plug-in for HS3

Post any comments, questions, or issues with APCUPSD Plug-in for HS3 in this Forum. The APCUPSD allows HS3 to monitor mutiple APC UPS devices. Each monitored UPS device must be running apcupsd (http://www.apcupsd.org) or NUT (http://www.networkupstools.org). The plugin will communicate with apcupsd via a TCP/IP connection. The primary features:
    • Monitors local UPS or UPS attached to remote computers
    • Retrieves UPS information from multiple APCUPSD or NUT drivers running on target computers
    • HS3 devices for each monitored UPS
    • Event triggers
    • Event actions
    • Trend chart of power line voltage, load and battery charge

The plug-in is available from the HS3 updater.

Compatibility
    This plugin requires HS3 Version 3.0.0.68 or higher.

Version History
    Version 3.3.2.2 (Beta)
    • Removed the hyperlink in the UPS device name due to issues in HS4. To rebuild the device status pairs after upgrading to this version, shutdown the plugin, edit the hspi_apcupsd.ini file (in the config sub-directory of the HS3 or HS4 installation) to remove the line that starts with "gIconSet=", save the ini file and start the plugin
    Version 3.3.2.1
    • Documentation update and small internal improvement.
    Version 3.3.2.0
    • Upon plugin start, do not set values for HS3 devices: last transfer reason, last on battery, last off battery, time on battery, total time on battery, and number of transfers.
    Version 3.3.1.2
    • Added optional Energy API / Database support for new "Watts" HS3 device per device. If enabled entries are added to the Energy Database on a selected interval. See PDF documentation of additional details.

Version 3.3.1.1 (Beta)
    • Added additional "Watts" HS3 device per UPS displaying the calculated current consumed watts.
    • Added configuration properties per UPS to set the default nominal line voltage and nominal power. These default values are used in the Watts calculation for UPS configurations when these values are not provided by the APCUPSD or NUT (i.e. not available for the type of UPS).

Version 3.3.1.0 (Beta)
    • Parsing updated for NUT status related to detect and update HS3 UPS Status device setting when the low battery information is sent to the plugin for certain NUT drivers.
    • HS3 Status Flag device value now contains the numeric value of all flags
    • Added two new triggers when specific flags are set or reset in HS3 Status Flag device.

Version 3.3.0.0
    • Added Linux / Debian support. This version is available in Beta section of the Updater.

Version 3.2.0.4
    • Fix status update if master/slave setup is used.

Version 3.2.0.3
    • Parsing of time left for foreign countries (apcupsd includes a dot while locale for decimal separator is different)
    • Fix conversion of default 60 seconds for interval to double (string in code was 60.0 while locale for decimal is not dot

Version 3.2.0.2
    • Fixed resetting device values upon shutdown

Version 3.2.0.1
    • Release version of 3.2.0.0 beta version.

Version 3.2.0.0
    • New contemporary icons. Current icon selection for the plugin will follow the "Status Icon Set" selection in the HS3 setup. Note that the plug-in image directory (..html\images\apcupsd\*) is purged during installation to reorganize icons and support multiple sets. Icon selection is update when plugin starts and the selection made in HS3 changed compared to when the plugin started last time.
    • Plug-in exe file name and assembly casing name changed (with migration code to support existing triggers/actions/devices)
    Version 3.1.0.5Version 3.1.0.4
    • Fixed device value of Time Left HS3 device (was always zero in latest version due to a regression)
    Version 3.1.0.3
    • Removing additional entries added to Event list (debugging in prior version)
    Version 3.1.0.2
    • When monitoring via NUT added UPS configuration to select NUT UPS
    Version 3.1.0.0
    • Added support for NUT in addition to APCUPSD. This enables monitoring UPS setups using NUT instead of APCUPSD, though NUT typically only sends a subset of the the settings available from APCUPSD. NAS devices seem to often use NUT.
    Version 3.0.6.10
    • Enable specifying UPS host by IP address instead of hostname
    Version 3.0.6.9
    • Plugin logs now go to Logs folder of HS3 installation
    • For some HS3 device updating string instead of AdditionalData to decrease HSTouch plugin overhead
    Version 3.0.6.8
    • Only update the Additional data for devices that use if it changed (Alarms for example)
    • Fixes parsing of apcupsd numeric values not usng the Local while the plugin / computer is using the country Locale.
    Version 3.0.6.7
    • Test version support parsing of apcupsd numeric values not usng the Local while the plugin / computer is using the country Locale.
    Version 3.0.6.6
    • Internal code updates / refactoring
    Version 3.0.6.4 and 3.0.6.5
    • Internal fixes related to cleanup
    • Fixed installer / updater issue

Version 3.0.6.3
    • Revised default Device Type strings

Version 3.0.6.2
    • Added logging when parsing APCUPSD data stream

Version 3.0.6.1
    • Fixes log debugging flag not saved correctly to ini file
    • Calling UnRegisterAllLinks upon shutdown
    • Fixed firing triggers upon certain conditions especially when events are cloned

Version 3.0.6.0
    • HS3 UPS devices values storing a UPS time stamp (for example start time, last update time, last on battery) are set as the Unix timestamp
    • HS3 UPS device values storing a UPS duration (for example time left, time on battery) are set as the converted value in units of seconds

Version 3.0.5.0
    • Changed device configuration so that they can trigger events based on status change

Version 3.0.4.4
    • Initial version to updater
    Last edited by pcp; October 13, 2020, 08:38 PM. Reason: Published 3.3.2.2 beta

Plug-in devices of a remotely monitored UPS
    Attached Files

Comment

Status and trend chart
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I'm very happy with this plugin. It's been working great over the last month!

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Future request if possible

Future request, in the event of a power failure, the plugin announces a power failure (TTS) and have a count down of minutes remaining of battery life (every x minutes ). Then have a custom preset time (in minutes ) that you can add to shut down HS then shut down PC.
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

ACPUPSD Plug-in for HS3

Yes the apcupsd driver supports USB APC devices. Check their manual at http://www.apcupsd.org/manual/manual.html as well as their web site for supported model. I have been using three different models here for a few years.

For the count down, TTS, and shutdown... You should be able to do this with a HS3 script triggered by the plugin and HS3 counters or timers.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post

For the count down, TTS, and shutdown... You should be able to do this with a HS3 script triggered by the plugin and HS3 counters or timers.
                I just thought that it would have been a execelente feature for your plug in, and for those like me who do not know how to write a script.
                Hector
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I installed this tonight and got it running.
                  I was looking through the devices created and noticed that the actual value is put in the device value. The items with Volts, % have the voltage as the device value. However the UPS1 Time Left minutes has a value of 1 for 17.5 minutes.

Is there any way you could change the minutes device to use the actual value as well?

If so, then the minutes could be used by using replacement values.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone
                  My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                  Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                    I installed this tonight and got it running.
                    I was looking through the devices created and noticed that the actual value is put in the device value. The items with Volts, % have the voltage as the device value. However the UPS1 Time Left minutes has a value of 1 for 17.5 minutes.

Is there any way you could change the minutes device to use the actual value as well?

If so, then the minutes could be used by using replacement values.
                    Thanks I will look at the time conversion.

Comment

Just wondering if there was an update on if you will be able to change the device value to be the number of minutes left?

I bought a new APC UPS this month so I am now monitoring 2 computers with the plugin. It's working great. It is on my list of things to buy and will be the first HS3 plugin that I purchase.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone
                      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Yes I started to make the change: the HS3 device value for datetime UPS attributes (for example start time, last update time, last on battery, etc) will the Unix timestamp (i.e. since 1/1/1970) and the HS3 device value for duration UPS attributes (for example time left, time on battery, etc) will be in unit of seconds. I hope to release it soon.

Comment

The updated version with device values set to the remaining time is in the updater.

Comment

Hi - I thought I'd give this a try as I have an APC UPS.
                            I'm running HS3 152 on Server 2012.
                            The plugin installs OK but I'm not getting any information through.
                            I've set the IP of the sever in the config, having created an 'instance'. Should I be putting any other settings in?
                            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                              Hi - I thought I'd give this a try as I have an APC UPS.
                              I'm running HS3 152 on Server 2012.
                              The plugin installs OK but I'm not getting any information through.
                              I've set the IP of the sever in the config, having created an 'instance'. Should I be putting any other settings in?
                              Cheers
                              Did you install apcupsd as well and configure it to monitor your ups? The ip of the server you entered is the one where apcupsd is running? Did you als check the enable checkbox for that ups in the same tab where you entered the IP address? Did it create the hs3 devices for the ups you are trying to monitor and do you get any warning/error messages in the HS3 log?

Comment

Working...
                              X