X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various icons are not correctly named / Incorrect directories

Ubuntu LINUX / HomeSeer HS3 .208 / APCUPSD 3.2.0.0
    Virtually all of the icons referenced by the devices built by this plugin are either incorrectly named, reference nonexistent directories, or have capitalization issues, which of course on Linux means an incorrect file name.

Here's a list of the soft links I created to resolve the issue pending a correction in the distribution media:

lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:57 ./images/apcupsd/battery_25.png -> battery_25percent.png
    lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:57 ./images/apcupsd/battery_0.png -> battery_10percent.png
    lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:57 ./images/apcupsd/battery_50.png -> battery_40percent.png
    lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:57 ./images/apcupsd/battery_75.png -> battery_80percent.png
    lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:54 ./images/apcupsd/status -> .
    lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:56 ./images/apcupsd/battery_100.png -> battery_100percent.png
    lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 18:00 ./images/apcupsd/stopwatch_on.png -> Stopwatch.png
    lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:53 ./Images -> images

Not a major issue - I can live with the soft links forever. And it's a great plugin, functionally does what I expect it to.

Comment

I never adapted, tested nor claimed any support on unix/linux. It is only supported on windows. This includes the softlinks that are created during installation which uses windows specific commands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It works fine on HS3/Ubuntu 12&14/USB/Several BackUPS models; the only issue I have is a recurring once-a-poll method (cast) error on a BackUPS ES725. I've done two test installs and a production install, three environments total. I did have to download apcupsd-3.14.13 and compile it rather than running the stock Unbuntu distro, but that's not you, it's the daemon.

I write shared-environment regularly for my day job, the case issue is normal, and of course quickly solved. Thanks for making the plugin available.

Comment

Availability of APCUPSD Plugin for Homeseer

Is the subject plugin still available? I cannot find it under Energy Management plugins.

Thanks,
          Bob

Comment

Yes it is (Windows only) and is still in the updater. I actually send an updated version as a replacement this weekend.

Comment

Icons used in apcupsd

I have installed apcupsd on my raspberry pi HS3 server. It is running fine and I have two other raspberry pi's with ups reporting into it.
              It seems to run fine, except for the icons. My installation didn't seem to get the .png files. How do I get them? I understand I will have to make the links to make them show up.

Thanks,
              Steve

Originally posted by chapmangeo View Post
              Ubuntu LINUX / HomeSeer HS3 .208 / APCUPSD 3.2.0.0
              Virtually all of the icons referenced by the devices built by this plugin are either incorrectly named, reference nonexistent directories, or have capitalization issues, which of course on Linux means an incorrect file name.

Here's a list of the soft links I created to resolve the issue pending a correction in the distribution media:

lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:57 ./images/apcupsd/battery_25.png -> battery_25percent.png
              lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:57 ./images/apcupsd/battery_0.png -> battery_10percent.png
              lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:57 ./images/apcupsd/battery_50.png -> battery_40percent.png
              lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:57 ./images/apcupsd/battery_75.png -> battery_80percent.png
              lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:54 ./images/apcupsd/status -> .
              lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:56 ./images/apcupsd/battery_100.png -> battery_100percent.png
              lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 18:00 ./images/apcupsd/stopwatch_on.png -> Stopwatch.png
              lrwxrwxrwx root/homeseer 0 2016-01-23 17:53 ./Images -> images

Not a major issue - I can live with the soft links forever. And it's a great plugin, functionally does what I expect it to.

Comment

Originally posted by sesykes71 View Post
                I have installed apcupsd on my raspberry pi HS3 server. It is running fine and I have two other raspberry pi's with ups reporting into it.
                It seems to run fine, except for the icons. My installation didn't seem to get the .png files. How do I get them? I understand I will have to make the links to make them show up.

Thanks,
                Steve

Which OS are you using on the pi? The plugin has only been tested on Windows. Icon links are created at startup / installation running a script to create the links.

Comment

They are running Raspbian, the pi Debian. I did have to download the latest apcupsd program 3.14.14 from sourceforge and compile it. The version that installs from debian is 3.14.10m which doesn't work as well.
                  No changes were needed, your plugin worked right away except for the icons. I am quite sure I will be buying the license. I have a way of monitoring the ups already but integrating it into HomeSeer is much nicer.

Steve

Comment

Icons

Would it be possible to get a zipfile with the icons used in the plugin? I could manually install them in the Pi then.

Steve

Comment

The icons are included in the installation and are installed in the apcupsd directory in the HTML image directory (don't have the exact path handy). There is a directory per HS3 ui theme, and the active hs3 (contemporary or classic). The status directory in the HTML/images/apcupsd contains the active icons based on the theme and (symbolic) links to the ones in the contemporary or classic directory (or hs3 default images in some cases). There is a windows bat script in the contemporary and classic directories that builds these links. The plugin is officially only supported on Windows, hence why there is only a script for all this for Windows. Look at these directories for the icons.

Comment

Thanks, I found them, just copied them to the correct directory. The plugin looks much better.

Thanks,
                        Steve

Comment

There is a new version in the Beta section of the Updater with support for Linux.

Comment

Viewing of Load

Great plugin and easy to setup.

I hope I am being an idiot and not seeing it but where is the load the UPS is using in Amps or Watts?

I see a load percentage as a device and on the Status Page I see a "Nominal Power" of the UPS but no value telling you how much power the UPS is using?

My UPSs "nominal power" is 865 Watt and at a load of 27% I guess i am using 234 watt.

Is there any way to get a device showing the this?

Please be nice with your replies as I am very new to homeseer

Thanks

Dan

Comment

Just had a thought... The Watts calculation need to account for the input voltage change. My APC UPS wants to see 230v so if it see 237v then the nominal power is higher.

My UPS shows watts on the front LCD panels and using the Load % as the reference and the the math below it matches my UPSs display.

I am sure there is a way to write a script to send a value to a virtual device with a few equations but I am just not smart enough

Workings in picture
                              Attached Files

Comment

The values in devices from the plugin are as reported by the UPS, not derived. Some UPS devicesor drivers (NUT for example) do not all report the same values, making it tricky to have devices with derived values. As you say a script is best to approach this request.

Comment

Working...
                                X