No announcement yet.

Support for networkupstools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be that on the updater they configured HS for Windows and Linux. I sent them a request to add a beta version to the updater and pointed out that it is Windows only.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
      I posted an updated version of the plug-in (V3.1) with support for NUT. Give it a try if still interested.
      Hi Philippe

I have the plugin (trial) up and running and successfully operating with my APC UPS on my HS3 box. I also want to slave my Synology NAS (which I believe uses NUT behind the scenes) to the HS machine and bring that into HS3 also.

I spent a couple of hours trying to get NUT configured in a manner that would allow the Syno to connect as a slave to the NUT server on the HS3 box. I ended up mightily confused - editing about 8 different NUT config files - which seemed to me to have conflicting parameters and terminology in them.

Do you have any pointers (or even example NUT config files) where you have the NUT server on the HS3 machine and the NUT client being a NAS or similar?

Cheers
      James
      cheeryfool

Comment

I do not have examples of NUT configuration files. My ReadyNAS supports NUT and on the plugin side just configure the mode (NU versus APCUPSD), the server and port. I did not make any NUT configurations or setup. Maybe others in the forum have a Synology NAS and can provide pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
          I do not have examples of NUT configuration files. My ReadyNAS supports NUT and on the plugin side just configure the mode (NU versus APCUPSD), the server and port. I did not make any NUT configurations or setup. Maybe others in the forum have a Synology NAS and can provide pointers.

Ok. Perhaps I misunderstood then. I thought I had to configure NUT on my HS3 server then have the NAS communicate to it. Sounds like that's not necessary and the Plugin handles that directly. Will give that a whirl. Thanks.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Well I couldn't get it working this way, but I was able to turn the config around and get this working.

I now have the NAS cabled to the UPS. The NAS does its own thing with shutting down based on the state of the UPS. The NAS also acts as a NUT server and the plugin on the HS3 box now communicates as a client with the NAS. I have uninstalled both the apcupsd and NUT services on the HS3 machine as these are not required with this configuration. I don't get quite the same level of detail with this config, but at least I have both the NAS and HS3 box cleanly shutting down
            cheeryfool

Comment

I have a similar setup: the plugin monitors the UPS connected to the ReadyNAS via NUT and the UPS connected to HS3 (Windows box) via apcupsd. The plugin in addition monitors a two additional UPS connected to other computers. NUT does not provide as many status update settings as apcupsd at least the NUT versions I am using.

Comment

Working...
              X