Linux Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+++ Moskus

Here music / streaming internet media mostly comes from the Squeezeplayer server running in Ubuntu ....one use here is for zoned audio distribution via the Russound amps.

Dedicated Squeezeplayers running on Openpeak 1 and 2 tabletop touchscreens and Homeseer Wintel touchscreens.

Just updated Squeeze box server this morning. Noticed that the support for it is great.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1515659378 @ Thu Jan 11 09:26:58 UTC 2018
    Hostname: ICS-MythTV
    Server IP Address: 192.168.244.174
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.18.2 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Here music / streaming internet media mostly comes from the Squeezeplayer server running in Ubuntu ....one use here is for zoned audio distribution via the Russound amps.
      Yeah, Squeezeplayer is great!

Here the problem was controlling various Squeezeplayers from HomeSeer, if HomeSeer is running on Linux. The plugin is not found in the Updater on a Linux-system, but as far as I can see there's no reason not to show it there too.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Yes here the Squeezeplayer server has been always running on the MythTV box (which is still utilized).

Posted here in 2013

Squeezebox Testing

Many folks today are using the Zee2 as their main Homeseer 3 box and many folks have switched to running Homeseer 3 on Linux.
        Last edited by Pete; January 16, 2018, 11:28 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          PCP, you need to get this enabled for Linux now!
          It has been my todo list to evaluate Linux but so far never had the chance nor time. Great you tried and with success. Before officailly supporting (and available via updater) I would want to have a setup for test/support. Not sure when I can get around this!

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
            It has been my todo list to evaluate Linux but so far never had the chance nor time. Great you tried and with success. Before officailly supporting (and available via updater) I would want to have a setup for test/support. Not sure when I can get around this!
            I'll be happy to test this, I'm already planning on installing it on my parents Zee2. I'll purchase them a license today (which is still needed, of course).

Perhaps you could put it in the Beta section for Linux?
            Or at least give me a direct link to the ZIP-file so I know I have all files (as far as I can tell there is no external libraries?).

Remotely installing on a Zee2 is harder when I don't have local access to it...
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

PCP, please add this to the Linux versions. Beta would be OK.

I've installed the plugin on my fathers Zee2. It works excellent!
              I've purchased a license for my father.

I can't register the license on the Zee2 because of some error!
              Guessing it's something to do with the OS...

For $50 I believe you can be bothered to let HomeSeer register the license.

I can't figure out which tests you want to do that are so important (but you still can't find the time to do ) that stops you from putting this in the beta section, it IS working just fine after all. You can even add a "not officially supported" sign on it.

Comment

This is great, plugin works on Rpi3. HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.399 (Linux) installed on Stretch lite. Mono ver: 5.4.1.6
                Register plugin works for me.
                Only thing that won't work is TTS. (think it's easy to fix, just / instead of \ in path)
                The wav file itself exist in "/home/pi/HomeSeer/html/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_9.wav"
                Nothing wrong with the file it can be played.

From log:
                An unexpected error occured in the SpeakToFile function/subroutine: [System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/home/pi/HomeSeer\html\SqueezeBox\SpeakIn_9.wav'. File name: '/home/pi/HomeSeer\html\SqueezeBox\SpeakIn_9.wav' at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError (System.Int32 errorCode, System.String maybeFullPath) [0x000c4] in <6e241547b2184f08b8370f11a198586d>:0 at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length () [0x0003f] in <6e241547b2184f08b8370f11a198586d>:0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileInfo:get_Length () at HSPI_SqueezeBox.HSPI.SpeakToFile (System.String FileNameWAV, System.String FileNameMP3, System.String TextToSpeak) [0x00232] in <0f0e02c7d3a14b87976f9ac17f38552d>:0 ]

Comment

Originally posted by lunkan View Post
                  Register plugin works for me.
                  IT DOES?!?!? Then why can't I?
                  I'll get in touch with HomeSeer support over this, then.

Sorry, PCP!
                  I apologize.

I also noticed a "HomeSeer\Logs" directory in "/usr/local/", although it could also be the RFXCOM plugin.

Comment

YES! Registering works. Everything's cool!

Comment

FYI, I started to look at Linux support. I found several issues including installer related stuff and icons. It will take a bit to resolve these issues, but the ball is rolling.

Comment

Thank you pcp.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                          FYI, I started to look at Linux support. I found several issues including installer related stuff and icons. It will take a bit to resolve these issues, but the ball is rolling.
                          Excellent!

Comment

Great, thank you!

Comment

There is a new version in the Beta section of the Updater with support for Linux. Also see https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...77&postcount=1 of pdf documentation about installation requirements if you want to use TTS on LMS players.

Comment

Fantastic! I'll try it tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X