APC ES-700G Time left incorrect value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APC ES-700G Time left incorrect value

The Time left device for my APC ups ES-700G show an incorrect value.
    The devicestring show 05:54:00, the devicevalue show 21240 seconds
    The correct value should be 2124 seconds (without the extra 0) = 35.4 minutes. This value is correctly displayed in the apcupsd systray monitor, but not in Homeseer 3.
    I installed also the latest update 3.2.0.2 (according the time left issue from the other recent post), but it isn't fixed.

I got this incorrect value already for many months, any many updates later it's time to ask for a solution

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
    The Time left device for my APC ups ES-700G show an incorrect value.
    The devicestring show 05:54:00, the devicevalue show 21240 seconds
    The correct value should be 2124 seconds (without the extra 0) = 35.4 minutes. This value is correctly displayed in the apcupsd systray monitor, but not in Homeseer 3.
    I installed also the latest update 3.2.0.2 (according the time left issue from the other recent post), but it isn't fixed.

I got this incorrect value already for many months, any many updates later it's time to ask for a solution
    Can you enable debug+verbose debug logging and post it or send it to me so that I can have a look at the value from the UPS & conversion? Also to monitor that UPS are you using NUT or APCUPSD? I will look at it in the next few days and sorry if it felt through the cracks.

Comment

In the value display in apcupsd, what seperator does it use for decimal values? Is it a comma, dot, etc displayed as 32.5 minutes or 32,5 minutes, etc?

Comment

No worries, 2016 is a year to (try to) fix some minor issues in my HA system.
        The seperator in apcupsd is a dot.
        I use the apcups monitor type
        Dev ref = 188
        Attached the verbose log file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. What is the Locale onthe PC where the plugin is running? And especially what is the Locale setting for the number decimal on the PC (dot, comma, etc)?

Comment

The next version should include a resolution for this one.

Comment

The decimal seperator is a comma. If I change it to a dot and restart Homeseer, then the device data is showed correctly, but then I got some issues with other plugins, because of the changed decimal seperator.

It's great that it will be fixed in a future release. In the meanwhile I'll continue use a virtual device that show me the correct value.

Comment

That was the issue: apcupsd not honoring the locale which the plugin uses via the .Net libraries to convert the string to a timespan. I sent an updated version to hst for the updater with a change to go around this. It should be in the updater next week at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Updated to v3.2.0.3 and problem is solved, great!!

Time left: 00:35:24

tnx.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                    Updated to v3.2.0.3 and problem is solved, great!!

Time left: 00:35:24

tnx.
                    Thank you for the update and great news.

Comment

Working...
                    X