This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Scratch what I said, it is contacting the switch when you open the slider and if it does not get a response it displays that error. Will try a 5.14 switch.
    The firmware on my switches is reporting 5.13 if that is causing the issue.

Comment

I think I found the problem with this, update to Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.173 or later and see if you can now update ok.

Originally posted by MPodlin View Post
      The firmware on my switches is reporting 5.13 if that is causing the issue.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think I found the problem with this, update to Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.173 or later and see if you can now update ok.
        Updated to 3.0.1.173 and I'm now able to access the firmware on my HS switches. Thanks!!!

Comment

ok.. i'm confused. i'm on 5.17.... like to try 5/19 to see if i get dimming past 30%.

i download 5.19.... and the read-me notes say:
          2 - Update the Z-Wave plug-in on your HomeSeer HS3 system to v3.0.1.83 (or higher).

Now i'm on what i think is the latest beta... which is 3.0.1.173

so help me understand how i can be on .83?

Comment

Are you overthinking it? If you're on 173, that's a higher release than 83. I think you should be good according to the notes you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post
              Are you overthinking it? If you're on 173, that's a higher release than 83. I think you should be good according to the notes you posted.
              I was never great at math, but I'm pretty sure .83 is a larger number than .173

Unless I don't understand firmware numberings

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                I was never great at math, but I'm pretty sure .83 is a larger number than .173

Unless I don't understand firmware numberings
                cheeryfool

Comment

Ah...thanks!

Comment

5.17 and 5.19 are the same. 5.17 had an issue where if you updated and older version with it, you would lose your node ID. But 5.17 was the version we went to manufacturing with. We then fixed this problem in 5.19 so updating an older version to 5.19 will not lose the node ID.

So if you are on 5.17, you have the very latest as of this post. Don't bother updating to 5.19.

Now the dimming was changed in 5.17 to support more LED bulbs. However, it now does not dim down as far as it did in 5.14. So if you actually want lower dimming, you can try to back to 5.14. The 5.14 firmware file for the HS-WD100+ is here:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/HSWD100_5_14.hec

Note that you may lose your node ID if you do this so you will need to add the switch back to your network.

ok.. i'm confused. i'm on 5.17.... like to try 5/19 to see if i get dimming past 30%.

i download 5.19.... and the read-me notes say:
                    2 - Update the Z-Wave plug-in on your HomeSeer HS3 system to v3.0.1.83 (or higher).

Now i'm on what i think is the latest beta... which is 3.0.1.173

so help me understand how i can be on .83?

Comment

5.17 and 5.19 are the same. 5.17 had an issue where if you updated and older version with it, you would lose your node ID. But 5.17 was the version we went to manufacturing with. We then fixed this problem in 5.19 so updating an older version to 5.19 will not lose the node ID.

So if you are on 5.17, you have the very latest as of this post. Don't bother updating to 5.19.

Now the dimming was changed in 5.17 to support more LED bulbs. However, it now does not dim down as far as it did in 5.14. So if you actually want lower dimming, you can try to back to 5.14. The 5.14 firmware file for the HS-WD100+ is here:

https://homeseer.com/updates3/HSWD100_5_14.hec

Note that you may lose your node ID if you do this so you will need to add the switch back to your network.
                      thanks Rich.

So when i try this, i see this on the parent for the dimmer:

Firmware Update Status: The button on the device may need to be pressed to start the update
                      Click the button to choose a DIFFERENT firmware file provided by the manufacturer, to be uploaded to the device.
                      To start the transfer, press the button on the unit, then press Start. The current file is: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\temp\HSWD100_5_14.hec

Does that mean i need to toggle the on/off dimmer paddle, then hit start?

EDIT: if I try that... I see this:
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Tomgru; December 29, 2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Rich, any thoughts on how will this be handled in the future if newer FWs introduce other important fixes/features yet customers not using LED bulbs want the better dimmer performance? If we're not using LED bulbs and have no desire to have the more LED-capable dimmer rates, could there be parallel versions offered?

e.g..
                        • v5.20.0 = LED loads and the default FW to be most compatible
                        • v5.20.1 = non-LED loads, better dimmer perf
                        • v5.21.0 = LED loads and the default FW to be most compatible
                        • v5.21.1 = non-LED loads, better dimmer perf

Comment

Firmware update works better with the latest beta, so I would load that.

When you click start, the update starts immediately, no need to press any buttons.

thanks Rich.

So when i try this, i see this on the parent for the dimmer:

Firmware Update Status: The button on the device may need to be pressed to start the update
                          Click the button to choose a DIFFERENT firmware file provided by the manufacturer, to be uploaded to the device.
                          To start the transfer, press the button on the unit, then press Start. The current file is: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\temp\HSWD100_5_14.hec

Does that mean i need to toggle the on/off dimmer paddle, then hit start?

EDIT: if I try that... I see this:

Comment

We are looking at modifying the dimming so it dims lower. If needed, we can add a parameter to handle different types of loads.

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
                            Rich, any thoughts on how will this be handled in the future if newer FWs introduce other important fixes/features yet customers not using LED bulbs want the better dimmer performance? If we're not using LED bulbs and have no desire to have the more LED-capable dimmer rates, could there be parallel versions offered?

e.g..
                            • v5.20.0 = LED loads and the default FW to be most compatible
                            • v5.20.1 = non-LED loads, better dimmer perf
                            • v5.21.0 = LED loads and the default FW to be most compatible
                            • v5.21.1 = non-LED loads, better dimmer perf

Comment

Firmware update works better with the latest beta, so I would load that.

When you click start, the update starts immediately, no need to press any buttons.
                              I'm on 398. Is their later Beta?. I'm also on the latest z wave module Beta.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are on the latest Z-Wave beta then you are good.

If you get errors updating:

1: The switch might be too far, communications needs to be very good due to the amount of data transferred

2: The switch controls the update, not HS, so the switch will try to slow down the transfer so it does not "clog" the Z-Wave channel. If it detects too much traffic, it will abort the transfer. If you have too many devices transmitting, you may need to power them off.

#2 is rare, unless you a device flooding data. I suspect #1.

I'm on 398. Is their later Beta?. I'm also on the latest z wave module Beta.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X