UPS Status device value incorrect in some cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Status device value incorrect in some cases

Running apcupsd 3.14.14 on two Windows boxes and one Rpi. When the UPS goes offline, the status device displays 'charging' (value 3) instead of 'offline' (value 0).
    Also for a slave device, the status is always 'charging', no matter what.

Image 1: UPS2 (master) offline (USB disconnected)
    Image 2: UPS3 (slave) when master offine
    Image 3: UPS3 (slave) online, normal condition, 100% charged
    Attached Files

The two devices are actually driven by two separate fields received from the apcupsd software. The Status device value is driven by a STATUS received from apcupsd, while the Status Flags device value comes from the STATFLAG. If you enable debug mode in the plugin, it will display in the HS3 log file the underlying updates received from the apcupsd software (for example for STATUS and STATFLAG). Can you enable it and post the values from the HS3 log of what is sent by the apcupsd software for each of the three UPS?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
      The two devices are actually driven by two separate fields received from the apcupsd software. The Status device value is driven by a STATUS received from apcupsd, while the Status Flags device value comes from the STATFLAG. If you enable debug mode in the plugin, it will display in the HS3 log file the underlying updates received from the apcupsd software (for example for STATUS and STATFLAG). Can you enable it and post the values from the HS3 log of what is sent by the apcupsd software for each of the three UPS?
      I should make clear that I have two UPS's. Each is connected to a Windows box, and both behave the same. The Rpi is slaved off one of the Windows boxes. So its safe to ignore UPS1 in attached.
      (As a side note, I verified that the Rpi can act as a master, with the Windows box slaved to that. The behavior of the plugin is the same; master shows charging when offline, and slave always shows charging).
      Attached Files
      Last edited by zwolfpack; September 16, 2016, 12:02 AM. Reason: replace attachment with updated UPS3 entries

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
        I should make clear that I have two UPS's. Each is connected to a Windows box, and both behave the same. The Rpi is slaved off one of the Windows boxes. So its safe to ignore UPS1 in attached.

(As a side note, I verified that the Rpi can act as a master, with the Windows box slaved to that. The behavior of the plugin is the same; master shows charging when offline, and slave always shows charging).

Thank and will look at it (will take a few days)

Comment

Check the updated version in the updater. It should update the status value if master/slave setup is used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Slave looks good - matches the master.

No comm event still show "charging" instead of "offline" for both master & slave.

Comment

No comm event still show "charging" instead of "offline" for both master & slave.

I guess I missed looking into that one. What do you mean by "No comm event"? Can you clarify? Thanks

Comment

Situation where the USB gets disconnected. See image 1 & 2 in 1st post. The staus flag value is actually COMM_LOST. Seems like the status device should show 'Offline' rather than 'Charging'.

Comment

Situation where the USB gets disconnected. See image 1 & 2 in 1st post. The staus flag value is actually COMM_LOST. Seems like the status device should show 'Offline' rather than 'Charging'.

Check the latest version in the updater. It should resolve this issue.

Comment

I'm getting 'Wrong Local header signature' on the update:

Code:
                    Oct-09 12:33:56 PM Updater    Install/Update of package APCUPSD failed.
                    Oct-09 12:33:56 PM Updater Error    Installation of package APCUPSD failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                    Oct-09 12:33:56 PM Updater Error    Unable to open install.txt file for update C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\APCUPSD3.2.0.5
                    Oct-09 12:33:56 PM Error    Error unzipping C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\APCUPSD3.2.0.5\HSPI_APCUPSD_3.2.0.5.zip, Wrong Local header signature: 0x4F44213C on line 0
                    Oct-09 12:33:56 PM Updater    Installing package APCUPSD

Comment

Hi,

Same error here. But nevertheless, the plugin was disabled before update.

Comment

Originally posted by eole View Post
                        Hi,

Same error here. But nevertheless, the plugin was disabled before update.

I will check with the folks at homeseer about the content in the updater.

Comment

Try to install it again rom the updater. They resolved the issue.

Comment

Issues fixed

Looks good - both the master and slave devices now correctly display the offline condition.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X