Guest User account to my homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest User account to my homeseer

Hi, I am assisting a developer with an application and he requires access to my homeseer so he can test against some of my Fibaro devices.

I'd like to give him limited access just enough to switch on and off devices but not to mess with the system.

Can I do this some-how?

I created another account and gave it access but not sure how this works remotely?

Cheers
    Tom

OK so I signed up for My Homeseer Premium and created a new account - now when I use those credentials to log in it logs in as my Admin!

I cant have this as I need to limit access to simply seeing devices and manually controlling them.

Please help.

Cheers
    Tom

Comment

Complete waste of money....... whats the use of multiple account logins if when logging in with a restricted user it opens up with the Admin users account?

Am I missing something here?

Comment

Rater than throwing a fit, how about showing us or proving details in terms of how your user set up is? It is general common curtesy to provide information such that people can help you. Failure to do that results in people ignoring you as they typically do not want to bother.

Forget about myHS for now, and try local log in to see end results. Keep in mind that you may need to configure HS such that it will prompt for credentials on local networks. By default, if I recall, it does not request credentials on local subnet.

I have never bothered with a guest account, but willing to help if I can.
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

OK point take - just very frustrated with HStouch

Local login account is fine.

It is when I log-in as the guest user (Bill) from the MYHS page for some reason it logs in the access the system fine but opens up as if I have logged in with my Admin account. Also when you log out from the MYHS it comes up with the message - "Logged out - Redirecting" then simply logs you back in again as the same user (admin).

Bills MYHS account has access to the system and HS Touch.

What am I doing wrong??

I had to give him direct local access to my system (which I was trying to avoid)

Is there any relationship between the MYHS account and the Account I created in HS?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Faz View Post
            OK point take - just very frustrated with HStouch

Local login account is fine.

It is when I log-in as the guest user (Bill) from the MYHS page for some reason it logs in the access the system fine but opens up as if I have logged in with my Admin account. Also when you log out from the MYHS it comes up with the message - "Logged out - Redirecting" then simply logs you back in again as the same user (admin).

Bills MYHS account has access to the system and HS Touch.

What am I doing wrong??

I had to give him direct local access to my system (which I was trying to avoid)

Is there any relationship between the MYHS account and the Account I created in HS?

Thanks for your help.
            Just a thought here. What if MyHS looks like a local login to HomeSeer? Try deselecting "No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)" under setup on the network tab. That should make it require a username and password for every account.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks For the advice - Unfortunately I tried this but made no difference for me

Cheers
              Tom

Comment

Interesting. If you would like, I can experiment myself. But, in this case I would call HomeSeer Technologies since you have tried various things and are a paying customer for myHS. Just be patient as they might be working immediately on bigger issues.

You might not get an immediate answer but beating your head against the wall continuously is not an answer either.
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Thanks Krumpy - its unfortunate that I've now had to resort to other measures so the tool I purchased to provide this function did not work as stated.

I will take it up with HSTech

Thank you for your advice.

Comment

I have the same problem. I manage 2 private homes where I am the only admin, that's fine. I subscribe to premium so that I can access either home from my phone at will. But I also manage a 40 person ski lodge and need to provide several others with limited access. I do not have premium on this account and the account only accepts my own log-in.
                    1. Do I need to buy the premium account subscription to this account in order to have multiple user log-ins?
                    2. Did you contact HS Tech support and if so, how was the problem resolved. This forum discussion is open ended. It would be very helpful if folks would share the solution to a problem once it's resolved.
                    Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X