No announcement yet.

WD200+ LED Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.190 will be released tomorrow.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post
      Surely we are not expected to run a Beta version to support a released HomeSeer hardware product!
      ZWave 3.0.1.190 is now available as a released version, via the updater.

My switch gets delivered today...

Comment

Originally posted by NutsyHome View Post
        ZWave 3.0.1.190 is now available as a released version, via the updater.

My switch gets delivered today...
        I just installed the latest release version of the ZWave plugin and am now starting to test this new switch.

I do see a lot of cool possibilities. Thinking out of the box, I can status the position of my garage door and have the seven LED's represent the exact position of the door (I like to have it at various positions during summertime). Another would be to use it as a zone security indicator and have a room's door and window status on each of the LED's (say red/green for open/closed)
        --------------------------------------------------
        **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I currently use an HSM-200 (single big color circle) to indicate Washer and/or Dryer running at my parents' home... Pretty sure I'll be able to use this instead

Comment

I've just started playing around with this switch, but has anyone else noticed that once you first program a color 'mode' be it 'status' or 'normal', then try to change something else with that LED (or go from 'all' LED's to single), the new setting will not take?

Maybe it's just me and I'll test this some more, but it seems like you have to set the LED you want to change to "OFF", trigger the event, then go to the new setting.

AHHH: Read the directions. For those testing this switch:

Switching between normal mode and status mode: HS-WD200+ dimmers will operate in normal mode by default. Sending a color status command to any LED will automatically set all LEDs to status mode. Once in status mode, a dimmer will remain in status mode until all LEDs have their status mode LED color set to “Off”. In the example below (using HomeSeer HS3 software), this event action will clear status from all dimmers (and switches) on the network, causing all devices to revert to normal mode.

EDIT (again): I'm standing by my initial statement. I had two events (triggered manually) and was going between all LED's statused red and green. Only one event would turn the LED's red (I could never get them to blink with that option), but the second event would not turn the LED's green.

I tried resetting by turning all LED's "OFF". what is weird is I can turn the normal color mode to any color with this second event.

Now, after playing a bit, I can't get the status mode to work at all with this switch (only 'normal' mode).
            Last edited by BraveSirRobbin; February 2, 2018, 07:14 PM.

Comment

The possibilities....

Just installed my first HS-WD200+ at the back patio door. Haven't got every tap and every light figured out yet, but right now, if any one of three gates and three doors are open, the top light indicates RED to let us know NOT to let the dogs out because either they could get out of the yard or get into parts of they house they should go.

Hmm. Adding RF, another light could tell us if the dogs are inside or outside.

Yeah, these are what I have been waiting for since about 1984.....

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                Just installed my first HS-WD200+ at the back patio door. Haven't got every tap and every light figured out yet, but right now, if any one of three gates and three doors are open, the top light indicates RED to let us know NOT to let the dogs out because either they could get out of the yard or get into parts of they house they should go.

Hmm. Adding RF, another light could tell us if the dogs are inside or outside.

Yeah, these are what I have been waiting for since about 1984.....

Rob
                Can you get the light to blink?

Comment

Can you get the light to blink?
                  Only if I open and close my eyes quickly......

It does that? Haven't found where to make that happen yet..... But its only been installed for about 2 hours and part of that was figuring out the Z-WAVE plugin update....

UPDATE: Not sure how I could have missed the blink dropdown.... But the answer is NO. I tried to make any of the lights blink and they do not blink.
                  Last edited by outbackrob; February 2, 2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I assume you are all testing with the 3.0.1.190 Z-Wave plugin? That is the only one to use with the 200 series switches.

The plugin has a "new" feature where it remembers the parameters that were set on a device. This is so we can keep track of which LEDS were set on the 200 series switches. We did have some problems with the saved values getting out of sync with the switches.

If you are having problems setting the colors, delete the parameters file in the HS data/Z-Wave folder. Then try to set the colors again. If it then works, please let me know and I will look into that.

Another way to clear the settings is to create and event that sets ALL the leds to OFF. That will clear the parameter values. Then try to set a status color.

Note also that the event actions to set the LEDS automatically switch the dimmer/switch between normal and status modes for you. If you want, or have some special applications, you can simply set the parameter values individually. The parameters are in the user guide here:

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...gb-wall-dimmer

Comment

Yes, latest version of z-wave plugin is used.

I just created an event that turns all LED's off and have it triggered manually. Now before I want to make a change I just run this event.

All is synced up now.

I still can't get any lights to blink though.

Comment

For blinking;

I haven’t installed mine yet, but you might try manually setting parameter 30 to 1 (100ms blink rate), then try to enable blinking with an event.

Parameter 30 is the blink rate from 1-250 where 1 is 100ms. 0 for that parameter is no blinking. I would bet that the event sets parameter 31 enabling/disabling blinking for each light and parameter 30 is at the default of 0.

If you want to check parameter 30 without setting it click on “Set” with the value blank and Value Size auto. It will return the current parameter value.

I intend to set mine with parameters so that I can vary the blink rate depending on other factors.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy may be on to something, but even easier, just click on the root device then the settings tab. You can set the default blink rate there. A default rate is set when the dimmer is added, maybe its getting reset to 0. The event action does not set the blink rate as it assumes its already set.

I assume that when you set a status led color that the actual color is set? Just not the blink?

Comment

Yes, that was it! Working now!

Comment

Yes, that was it! Working now!
                              Good! I was suspicious that would be it. I didn't know it was in settings, that makes it easy to set. If you want to set it on the fly for severity of alert or the like, you can still set the parameter by an event.
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                ..... A default rate is set when the dimmer is added, maybe its getting reset to 0. The event action does not set the blink rate as it assumes its already set.
                                That was it. Mine were all set to 0 from the start. Changing it to something >0 was the charm.

THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X